Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Why do woman want to murder their children? I can ask questions and make it sound evil so that anyone who questions my position can be beat down as evil too.
    Even after the egg is fertilized, it’s still six or seven days before it reaches the uterus and pregnancy begins, and not every egg makes it that far. Eighty percent of a woman’s fertilized eggs are rinsed and flushed out of her body once a month during those delightful few days she has. They wind up on sanitary napkins, and yet they are fertilized eggs. So basically what these anti-abortion people are telling us is that any woman who’s had more than more than one period is a serial killer!

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    keep it in the stickies.
    Please. This is a discussion for those threads.

And no, not all republicans want to take away a woman's right to control her own body. What I find comical is the ads out there trying to push the youth to vote saying (paraphrasing), "Are you not going to vote and defend your friend's right to do what they want with their bodies?" when the Democratic party is the nanny state party of our country that wants to tell us what we can and can't eat, etc.

Are all Democrats for such things? Certainly not. Just like all Republicans aren't anti-abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    Even after the egg is fertilized, it’s still six or seven days before it reaches the uterus and pregnancy begins, and not every egg makes it that far. Eighty percent of a woman’s fertilized eggs are rinsed and flushed out of her body once a month during those delightful few days she has. They wind up on sanitary napkins, and yet they are fertilized eggs. So basically what these anti-abortion people are telling us is that any woman who’s had more than more than one period is a serial killer!
    No, they are against they preemptive, willful killing of those embryos.

Just as people who oppose woman killing their children don't view it as a woman's body in the first place as it is a seperate organism with its own DNA and body, not that of the mother.
    Its in her uterus, an abortion is doing something to her body. You are removing her ability to control what is in her uterus with respect to abortion. The anti abortion crowd needs to own up to this, you are telling women what they can do with their bodies regardless of whether you think a fetus is a person or not.

It's a little known fact that republicans hold majority shares in coat hanger companies. That has to be true for there is no other reason to try to make abortion illegal, well other than religion. However, this is America where the political process and religions are separate right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Its in her uterus, an abortion is doing something to her body. You are removing her ability to control what is in her uterus with respect to abortion. The anti abortion crowd needs to own up to this, you are telling women what they can do with their bodies regardless of whether you think a fetus is a person or not.
    That's the rub isn't it. How far do rights of ownership go. It's my house can I kill anyone I want inside it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Abortion will never go away no matter who is in control its just a scare tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Abortion will never go away no matter who is in control its just a scare tactic.
    This too. Abortions have been performed for most of human history. Better to control it and make sure its as safe as possible for women than let it be done in alleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    That's the rub isn't it. How far do rights of ownership go. It's my house can I kill anyone I want inside it?
    No, because that would be murder.

Something that is just a mass of DNA isn't a person and calling it murder is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Because unjustly killing an innocent life because mommy dearest decided that she wanted to go bareback, is sooooooo reasonable amright?

Oh hey look, I can do that to.
    lets go all the way then:
    mommy dearest was raped. but innocent life!

An acorn is not a tree, an egg is not a chicken etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... is not that the republicans are taking away the woman's right to control her own body... is just that they want to save the human life inside her (the baby)...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    No, because that would be murder.

Something that is just a mass of DNA isn't a person and calling it murder is retarded.
    So, scale is the issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Just as we would want to prevent you from throwing yourself (your body) from the top of a building as it wrongfully ends a life, just as we would want to prevent you from throwing yourself (still your body) from the top of a building and landing on someone else killing them as well as yourself as it wrongfully ends another life, so too would we want to prevent you from poisoning your body or cutting into it to physically kill the child as it wrongfully ends another life.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Because unjustly killing an innocent life because mommy dearest decided that she wanted to go bareback, is sooooooo reasonable amright?

Oh hey look, I can do that to.
    Because it's completely reasonable to also force women to have been raped to have their rapists babies and to force people to have to pay for the rest of their lives for contraceptive failures!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I believe that when artificial wombs become feasible, that state will take possession of all the fetus that are designated to be aborted and build an fanatical federal control army to repress the people. In fact, I'm sure its in the healthcare law somewhere. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    So you think its ok to kill babies? I totally lose faith in humanity when I hear its a womans right to kill her unborn child... no im not religious, im agnostic, religion isn't the only one against this death sentence. At least have your baby and adopt it out to a family who unable to have children? You know how hard it is in my country to adopt a child...? Its easier to steal a kid from Africa than it is to adopt a kid from your own country. The laws are fucked, the real campaign should be about making adoption easier, not killing easier

Just as we would want to prevent you from throwing yourself (your body) from the top of a building as it wrongfully ends a life, just as we would want to prevent you from throwing yourself (still your body) from the top of a building and landing on someone else killing them as well as yourself as it wrongfully ends another life, so too would we want to prevent you from poisoning your body or cutting into it to physically kill the child as it wrongfully ends another life.
    Perhaps you should read my post at the top of the page. By the Republicans definition if a fertilized egg = life then every woman to have had more then one period is a serial killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    i think ownership should extend at least as far as your own body & what is in it. how far does "not even a fully developed organism but is still a human" go? eggs & sperm? cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Well... is not that the republicans are taking away the woman's right to control her own body... is just that they want to save the human life inside her (the baby)...
    By restricting what medical procedures a woman can do to her own body.

What I always have to ask is this: For those of you who want abortion to be illegal, who goes to jail? Would you put rape victims in prison for murder because they didn't want to carry their rapist's baby?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhoosh View Post
    It's a little known fact that republicans hold majority shares in coat hanger companies. That has to be true for there is no other reason to try to make abortion illegal, well other than religion. However, this is America where the political process and religions are separate right?
    I don't think you entirely understand that portion of the Constitution.

Religion is hardly separate from the political process. The state simply can't enforce a religion or exclude a religion. That is basic, but it isn't at all what you think it means. Unfortunately, the founding father's didn't foresee such actions becoming prevalent.