Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[Ret] What changes would you like to see in 5.1?

Hi, as title says, I want to ask you: what are the changes you would like to see for Ret Paladin in 5.1?

I'll start
    1) Hammer of the Rightehous and Divine Storm apply Censure to targets as well, Censure damage is however divided on targets
    This is to boost our seriously low DPS in AoEs.
    2) Holy Wrath is (again) a Ret ability.
    Long CD won't be appetible for single target rotation as it does not grant HP (maybe for fillers)
    3) Each Holy power used decreases the Cooldown of your Wings/Holy Avenger by 1sec.

I really wish people would stop bitching about our AoE; there really isn't anything wrong with it. Glyph Mass Exorcism and take Holy Prism for large AoE situations, fire HP at yourself or, better yet, the tank - you're good. I have been topping AoE pulls - above tanks, even - and I'm not even 460 equipped. Anything that reduces the CD of Wings will be pointless considering 4pT14.

All I really want is about a 5% buff to Sword of Light's passive two-hand buff.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Just remove combo point mechanic from ret spec - my last dying wish.

Deleted
    Lower the global cd for all ret abilties down to 1 second. Give back Consecration in our rotation like in wrath. Nerf our godlike cooldowns and buff our abilities overall. I rather have a better sustain than good burst cooldowns

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeranox View Post
    Lower the global cd for all ret abilties down to 1 second. Give back Consecration in our rotation like in wrath. Nerf our godlike cooldowns and buff our abilities overall. I rather have a better sustain than good burst cooldowns
    Gotta agree, CD's are way to strong and ret is just meh without them. CD's should be a situational dps boost but not to the extent that ret is atm. 1 sec GCD would be interesting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyur View Post
    Just remove combo point mechanic from ret spec - my last dying wish.
    Then how would we power Templar's Verdict, Inquisition, and Divine Storm? Mana? That'd basically make us faceroll again. Screw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeranox View Post
    Definitely agree with nerfing our burst to buff our sustained. And it's not like it's not fun watching the bars on the DPS meters while our cooldowns are running, but I'm looking at the long view; in Deathwing-style encounters that may last six minutes or more, I'm concerned we'll be performing towards the bottom of the meters because we're glass cannons firing plastic shards. I've said it here before once, but I really do think Wings needs to be taken off the baseline ability list and just roll it into Sanctified Wrath - all the talent's benefits with all the ability's normal benefits. Make people choose to have Wings or the Ashbringer, but not both. The absurd amount of damage we can put out with both is likely what's holding back our sustained. I don't know that we need a baseline 1s GCD, though I do think we need better haste scaling via SoB - and an interaction with the spell haste and/or attack speed buff. But we really don't need Consecrate back.

Deleted
    Considering we're striving towards more and more abilties. Which also made Frost DKs use Unholy Aura for the global cd and haste to be able to actually use up all the runes. Same thing should happen to ret.

Actually SancWrath alone sims out as nearly as high of burst as AW + HA, so that wouldn't help the burst issue much.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    But we really don't need Consecrate back.
    kinda agree but it would be very nice to have some sort of aoe that we can place or use without a target, purely for pvp and catching rogues/druids.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree that AoE is fine.

For old times sake I DO REALLY REALLY want consecration's back though. I really do miss it. It was just such a visual staple!

I also would like HotR to have no target requirement. That's it for my desires, like to see what I get.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Fix Holy Prism, it does NOT smart heal. I dropped it after noticing it wasn't healing injured targets over full hp targets, I'd cast and see it 100% overheal even though there were more than 5 people in range missing hp, it targeted full health pets instead. I would love the talent for certain fights but it DOESN'T WORK! I don't get why people complain about holy avenger, you are trading sustain for higher burst. I run Divine Purpose and it works just fine, my burst isn't quite as insane as other rets but my sustain is actually at a decent place.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-10-12 at 02:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I agree that AoE is fine.

For old times sake I DO REALLY REALLY want consecration's back though. I really do miss it. It was just such a visual staple!

I also would like HotR to have no target requirement. That's it for my desires, like to see what I get.
    Okay, I'll take Cons back for that - we DO need an untargeted PBAoE. That is something that bother me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Okay, I'll take Cons back for that - we DO need an untargeted PBAoE. That is something that bother me a bit.
    You mean Light´s hammer?

Buff TV, CS and possibly judgement, remove the 30% damage bonus from HA, don't allow HoW to be used during wings and boost it's damage a little to compensate. I really don't want holy wrath back, terrible ability and I don't agree with our AoE being bad, HoTR isn't that bad and combined with mass exo, divine storm and lvl 90 talents it's quite powerful.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    You mean Light´s hammer?
    Something you don't need to spec into and something off of a 1 minute timer. That'd be the entire point.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Something you don't need to spec into and something off of a 1 minute timer. That'd be the entire point.
    Divine Storm has no CD, is not a talent, and has no target requirement. We have plenty of AoE already. Part of the reason I run with Divine Purpose is for aoe, chain divine storm procs are quite nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Divine Storm has no CD, is not a talent, and has no target requirement. We have plenty of AoE already. Part of the reason I run with Divine Purpose is for aoe, chain divine storm procs are quite nice.
    You also need 3 holy power to use divine storm

10+ Year Old Account
    1 more ability to fill my rotation, preferably a holy power generating one, but I would understand if it wasnt. Its one thing to not have any holy power generating buttons to push, its another to have none at all, I dont like that. I also agree with the above aoe statements, our aoe is fine, though bursty and maybe clunky, but its fine.

Edit: I think i would also agree with the above sentiment of changing/removing wings in exchange for a buff. We do far too much damage in pve and pvp while it is up. My fear would be that pvp wise, with wings gone, I'm not sure we would be able to kill many things, as, at least in arena, I become a 30 second man where we either win or lose based on how many i can kill in those 3 seconds
    Last edited by mypally; 2012-10-12 at 05:52 AM.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

i would say buff TV to stop it hitting like a wet noodle ... this would most prob fix our sustained dps

aoe dps meh ... pve makes baby jesus wanna roll a warlock this expat

it would be nice to see wings benifit from unbreakable spirit but it would make ret VIABLE in bgs / rbgs / arena and maybe pve but Ghostcrawler would never let that happen ... why cuz he hates rets and plays a rogue

In my opinion and considering that atm all classes have a self-healing mechanic we lost our unique survivabilty mechanic during pvp so I would like to see a boost on our dmg either by increasing our dmg abilities or by lowering their cooldowns.In the end we all love our burst dmg but we all saw that everyone can by pass it with lots of def mechanics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You're almost right. You need a target to even get 3HP to produce those results to start. Then you need to pray for DP procs. We have plenty of AoE already, yes (we never said we didn't in fact, on the contrary we said exactly that). We're not arguing the semantics of that. What we're saying is that we need an ability which is a AoE free to use without target or HP requirements. The best choice? HotR. At least that's my opinion.

If you're going to talk about the Consecration part, that's all fudgey nostalgia. Not serious talk, clearly.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 05:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    i would say buff TV to stop it hitting like a wet noodle ... this would most prob fix our sustained dps

aoe dps meh ... pve makes baby jesus wanna roll a warlock this expat

it would be nice to see wings benifit from unbreakable spirit but it would make ret VIABLE in bgs / rbgs / arena and maybe pve but Ghostcrawler would never let that happen ... why cuz he hates rets and plays a rogue
    I'm just wondering, why on EARTH would you EVER use that weapon and cloak as a Ret Paladin ever?

I hope I do not come off as rude, but this makes me wonder if you understand the dynamics of the class/spec.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-10-12 at 06:14 AM.