Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

I don't understand the love for MOP

First of all, the quests, while numerous, were unoriginal and uninspired. The overwhelming majority of them followed the same format Blizzard have used since Vanilla. Kill X of something, collect X of something, pick up poo, do the safari, etc.

I don't pvp, so I won't offer any comments on it, however I haven't heard anything new and exciting. Seems to be people just complaining about the flavor of the month dominating. Nothing new here

Dungeons are completely irrelevant after you hit ilvl 460. You don't grind them for valor, Justice is completely worthless and you get 0 rep from them. The time investment isn't even remotely worth the amount of gold you get.

Scenarios are even worse, because not only do they offer no benefits like dungeons, but they only have a 10% or whatever chance of you even getting a reward.

Dailys are so long, so boring, and give so little. Definitely not the worst grind I've gone through *cough* insane *cough*, but for borderline mandatory content it's excessive and there's only one option to do it. If I could grind rep in dungeons with friends I would. Once they're all done we're not going to do them again, but we will prob be given another 2 hours of borderline mandatory dailys in a future patch

Pet battles are new, but just like the game it's based on it's far more affective to just steamroll the npc's. Pet battle's in PVP is simply a case of queue up, wait 10 minutes and then your opponent forfeits unless he has a huge type/level advantage to your pets. Neither of these things are very fun or exciting

Farming is mildly interesting but extremely limited and repetitive. First couple day's its kinda cool, then you just do the same thing every day

So now at level 90 with 460+ ilvl. gear i'm finding myself bored out of my mind. What do I do after my long arse 2 hour dailys grind? Do I level an alt through the million new quests that give no XP while all the other insanely bored 90's fly overhead pouncing on everyone while they wait for their queues to pop? Do I queue for dungeons/scenarios I don't need? Do I queue for pet battles hoping someone will stay long enough for me to get a win?

The only new activity I would do more of would be farming but I'm locked out for a day and alts can't get any rep from it

Well, please let me know about a MMORPG that changed anything about the questing types than WoW. And please don't say GW2, because that would make you look like a "fucking retard". Yes, MMOs are forever destined to have the "kill 37 billion boars" quests, or the fetch quest or the "protect the dude while he's doing some shit" quests, sorry. At least WoW has tried something else too

What you should do if you got ilevel 460 and you don't like to do dailies or pvp or level alts of farm something random? It's simple: you raid or you quit. Or just pay the subscription and whine how bored you are

And yes, scenarios are completely retarded, I don't think I've completed 3 from about 10 attempts. Always someone dies and then leaves, bleah

Deleted
    The fact that you don't like MoP doesn't mean everyone else should dislike it aswell...

I do agree that they need to make scenarios more rewarding. As it stands, there is no point in doing them unless you are after the achievements associated with them. The obscenely low rate of getting something from the bag combined with the low amount of valor it rewards (and the fact that there are no gear drops), is poor design. Something needs to be done to make it a viable alternative to the standard dungeon. Maybe that's making certain ones tied in with a reputation that you can earn or perhaps have them drop gear consistently, but as is it's just bad filler content. Challenge Modes I'm fine with having them give overall little rewards other than prestige. That's exactly what it's meant for, bragging rights.

Honestly, it just sounds like you are tired of the game as a whole and perhaps MMO's in general. There isn't really much they can do with the quests to make them innovative. If you've seen one type of quest then you've seen it a million times by now since Vanilla. It's not going to change. I give Blizzard a hand for trying to come up with enough content that most people will find at least something enjoyable that keeps them hooked. Maybe that's the Tillers farm, pet battles, shorter heroics, or challenge modes. If nothing seems to hook you then it's time to walk away because there hasn't been a larger variety of stuff to do in game than there is right now. I'm sorry none of it pleases you, but there's a lot of people who disagree with you and are enjoying the expansion.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2012-10-12 at 07:34 AM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by AusSpyder View Post
    First of all, the quests, while numerous, were unoriginal and uninspired. The overwhelming majority of them followed the same format Blizzard have used since Vanilla. Kill X of something, collect X of something, pick up poo, do the safari, etc.
    Only read up to here, and then proceeded to laugh very hard. Please, do tell me your creative ideas on how to make over 3000 quests not similar and each one different in format. Please, tell me every single idea for the over 3000 quests there are.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

The only real problem in MoP you described are Scenarios. Usually longer than random heroics, sometimes even more challenging, much more boring overall - and providing way worse rewards. Blizz should tune them.

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I do agree that they need to make scenarios more rewarding. As it stands, there is no point in doing them unless you are after the achievements associated with them. The obscenely low rate of getting something from the bag combined with the low amount of valor it rewards (and the fact that there are no gear drops), is poor design. Something needs to be done to make it a viable alternative to the standard dungeon. Maybe that's making certain ones tied in with a reputation that you can earn or perhaps have them drop gear consistently, but as it stands now it's just bad filler content. Challenge Modes I'm fine with having them give overall little rewards other than prestige. That's exactly what it's meant for, bragging rights.
    I've been doing the random scenario once a day, but the only scenario I ever get is fucking Theramore. I don't know if this is from people specifying that is what they want to run and getting thrown in there with them or what. Either way, it get's old fast and for the crap rewards it's feeling like it isn't worth the effort. If I actually got to do other ones it wouldn't be so bad, but if they are going to stick me in the same damn scenario over and over it would be nice to get a little reward.

The AMOUNT of dailies is way too much unless you jobless! Otherwise the 1st 4 bosses I have done is better then anything in DS and most of the cata encounters. So at least the raiding is good.

It's all personal opinion. I find the dailies fun, so I do them. I like running heroics, so I do that. That's what it comes down to in the end; do you find the game fun and engaging? If yes, play. If no, don't.

The reason why people can enjoy the game while you don't is simple; people have different opinions. I like it, you don't. Nothing either one of us will likely persuade the other, so all you can do is make your own decision as to whether you play the game or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I've been doing the random scenario once a day, but the only scenario I ever get is fucking Theramore. I don't know if this is from people specifying that is what they want to run and getting thrown in there with them or what. Either way, it get's old fast and for the crap rewards it's feeling like it isn't worth the effort. If I actually got to do other ones it wouldn't be so bad, but if they are going to stick me in the same damn scenario over and over it would be nice to get a little reward.
    I keep getting damn Arena of Annihilation. I feel your pain. I think I have seen 3 scenarios total (including AoA) from the daily random.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

15+ Year Old Account
    The game has ran its course for me but clearly not everyone feels like that as they still have a huge customer base.

Deleted
    why i still love MoP?

*looks at front page with 5.1 information posts* yeah i think that seems clear enough

there's not enough hours in the day for me to do everything i want to do.. it's the best expansion yet.

if you're bored of wow, you're bored of wow. no expac is going to fix that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you out grew WoW and the MMO-genre? There are plenty of other games out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzles View Post
    The AMOUNT of dailies is way too much unless you jobless!
    So don't do the dailies if you don't like them. There are alternatives. People keep saying dailies are so terrible when they've convinced themselves that they are mandatory or something. They're not. To quote someone from the o-boards:

Epics from each faction's quartermasters are iLvl 489. The Mogu'shan Vaults normal difficulty offers iLvl 489 gear. Heart of Fear normal offers iLvl 496. From what I'm seeing, there are no necessary enchants from these vendors like there were from say, Sons of Hodir in WOTLK.
    To which there was a blue reply:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This is correct. You don't need to do dailies to get the gear you need to go into dungeons or Raid. I've known of many people now who geared up without doing this (successfully and quickly). There are a variety of ways to get gear beyond the dailies including crafting and dungeon runs themselves.

Most of the items that you can get from the dailies are either available at a lower (read not exalted) reputation or are just not necessary and are more cosmetic or fun items. Just doing the normal quests through the zones can also get you easily into Heroic dungeons and on.
    So people really shouldn't believe that they're forced to do dailies. They simply are not mandatory, borderline or otherwise. If you believe they are, the game is playing you, not the other way around.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    So, you out grew WoW and the MMO-genre? There are plenty of other games out there.
    Starting to seem that way

to everyone else, while it's clear you all are enjoying the game (and good for you, I enjoyed it for ages too) none of you really explained how MOP is any different from any other expansion, except so far this one has the worst storyline

10+ Year Old Account
    On the risk you are actually trolling, I still am going to respond.

The amount of things you can do for questing is limited so most of the time it will be about collecting stuff or killing stuff. But in all honesty theré are plenty of new quest types where you do something different to make it feel less sameish as always. If they would add more of those they would feel less special and they'd get boring too. Personally I think questing has never been better so far. Good storylines with a very fun quest mixed in.... love it.

I don't pvp, so I won't offer any comments on it, however I haven't heard anything new and exciting. Seems to be people just complaining about the flavor of the month dominating. Nothing new here
    Well if there was no FOTM, then there would hardly be anything to talk about anyway I guess....

Dungeons are completely irrelevant after you hit ilvl 460. You don't grind them for valor, Justice is completely worthless and you get 0 rep from them. The time investment isn't even remotely worth the amount of gold you get.
    Well you do them for the challenge modes.... actually this is an improvement over the old system where you needed the VP much more to be raiding etc. Now you don't have to grind the heroics forever...

Scenarios are even worse, because not only do they offer no benefits like dungeons, but they only have a 10% or whatever chance of you even getting a reward.
    true, but to be honest. Does every thing you do in the game need a reward? Don't you play a game just for fun? Some stuff is added as extra content and gives you something to do while you wait for other stuff. Scenarios is one of those thing, as in my opinion Pet Battles are...

Dailys are so long, so boring, and give so little. Definitely not the worst grind I've gone through *cough* insane *cough*, but for borderline mandatory content it's excessive and there's only one option to do it. If I could grind rep in dungeons with friends I would. Once they're all done we're not going to do them again, but we will prob be given another 2 hours of borderline mandatory dailys in a future patch
    Again, the way the game is set up now the dailies are not that terrible, you don't need to get to exalted with any of them really like you did in previous expansions. The gear you can start getting at honored and should help you get into raids etc. For the rest you don't need it, like you did in Wrath and Cata because you can only get the shoulder or head enchants there....

Pet battles are new, but just like the game it's based on it's far more affective to just steamroll the npc's. Pet battle's in PVP is simply a case of queue up, wait 10 minutes and then your opponent forfeits unless he has a huge type/level advantage to your pets. Neither of these things are very fun or exciting
    Can't say personally, still in levelling process and only done NPC battles so far...

Farming is mildly interesting but extremely limited and repetitive. First couple day's its kinda cool, then you just do the same thing every day
    Almost seems like a real profession then Again it's something they added, love it or leave it. But in all honesty Blizzard is adding lots of stuff that plenty of people like. I think farming is great really. Make sure to do it everyday. Only costs less than 5 minutes to do and the benefits are great.

So now at level 90 with 460+ ilvl. gear i'm finding myself bored out of my mind. What do I do after my long arse 2 hour dailys grind? Do I level an alt through the million new quests that give no XP while all the other insanely bored 90's fly overhead pouncing on everyone while they wait for their queues to pop? Do I queue for dungeons/scenarios I don't need? Do I queue for pet battles hoping someone will stay long enough for me to get a win?
    Seriously if you are bored it's not the game's fault, it's yours, or at least your lack of interest in the things the game has to offer.
    There has never been so much to do at max level at the start of an expansion. I find myself having to choose a lot of times what I'm gonna do.
    - Dailies
    - Farming (well I always do that)
    - Heroics
    - Leveling alts
    - Doing old stuff
    - Doing achievements
    - Pet battles
    - Occasional BG
    - Scenarios
    - Challenge Modes
    - Fishing or material farming
    - Crafting stuff and selling it on the AH
    - Soloing Old content
    - Events when they are up like Brewfest, Darkmoon Faire

Probably left out a few other things I do or could do, but seriously, don't come here saying there's nothing to do, just because you are bored....

The only new activity I would do more of would be farming but I'm locked out for a day and alts can't get any rep from it
    Well there is something we can agree on, would also love to se emore possibilities/activities involving farming.

10+ Year Old Account

to everyone else, while it's clear you all are enjoying the game (and good for you, I enjoyed it for ages too) none of you really explained how MOP is any different from any other expansion, except so far this one has the worst storyline
    If you really need other people to explain how MoP is different from past expansions, it really is time for you to just call it quits.

Why does it need to be especially different? We like WoW, so we want to keep playing WoW. We don't want to play something that is arbitrarily different to somehow satisfy those who need their games shiny and new. If it ain't broke, don't fix it and all that.

Also, 'the worst storyline' is just outright wrong. MoP has had some of the best storytelling in WoW for a LONG time.

10+ Year Old Account
    none of you really explained how MOP is any different from any other expansion, except so far this one has the worst storyline
    No storyline? Just because there is no villain or something? Come on, too early to judge that. No idea how the storyline turns out. There's something nice about not knowing what's going to happen but still have a sense of something brewing/smoldering. Wating to go big.
    To be honest the storylines were pretty cool in TBC, Wrath and Cata. But from the moment the expansion hit you know where the story was going and that ultimately you had to kill the big bad boss.... I personally do enjoy the current setup and am wondering what will happen and how Wrathion and Anduin fit in.