Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[PvP] Are Rogues hurting as bad as it looks?

How are you guys doing so far a week into season 12? Is this merely an issue of scaling and as time goes on you will regain your throne, or are there to many legendary rerollers clogging up the innerwebs, OR are rogues really hurting when it comes to pvp? I only ask, as I am currently playing a warrior, and I can feel the nerf bat rolling and would rather play the "underdog" class that can only go up! Thank you for reading!

I do pretty good in BGs against people with no resilience.

Deleted
    We're pretty screwed by design, not so much by scaling.

Enjoy Second Wind immortality while you can, imo.

Deleted
    It depends what PVP. I'm killing people in a stunlock in BGs, but I'm vastly overgearing them. But when it comes to skilled and geared players (arenas), I'm suffering from lack of mobility and sometimes I see my HP totally disappear in a stun. Also, damage outside Shadow Dance/Find Weakness blows.

As Incineration says, it's not really about scaling. Of course they can extend the duration of Find Weakness to a full minute, this would make us super powerful, but the design would still blow due to Blizzard being lazy when it came to design talent trees or even glyphs.

Deleted
    Rogues have been brought down to the realm of mortals. The humanity!

Now you know how it's like to be balanced and needing skills for pvp. Or rather you don't know, as most rogues rerolled warriors and hunters to continue to be op.

Deleted
    By the way, Ecliptium is rank #1 on 3s, 67-10, partnered with a resto shaman and a BM hunter.

But what happens when Ecliptium doesn't have a BM hunter by his side?

250k damage in 4 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post

250k damage in 4 minutes.
    3 minutes 50 seconds of being kited around and 10 seconds of DPS time, sounds about par for course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    3 minutes 50 seconds of being kited around and 10 seconds of DPS time, sounds about par for course.
    Plus absorbing shields. Ice Barrier vs no purge = Very powerful.

Deleted
    I love rogues current state. Finally they cant fk you up in a stun anymore. But just give it a few weeks and the tears will be flooding blizzards head quarters and buffs will come

My rogue will be my least played alt this expansion. I have one of every class at 85+. They are just weak in both PVE and PVP compared o everything else.

i love my rogue..

yeah it kinda broken...
    but unlike others
    i played rogue at release
    i played rogue at bc
    i played rogue at wotlk
    i played rogue at cata
    and will play my rogue with MoP

I dont play a class cause its OP or not i play a class because i like the playstyle , of course my dmg is gimped... but hey remeber Cata start? same thing , remeber BC? same thing
    poeple that complain are mostly legendary reroller that are only used to steamroll in battlegrounds
    belive me there gonna reroll fast :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    i love my rogue..

yeah it kinda broken...
    but unlike others
    i played rogue at release
    i played rogue at bc
    i played rogue at wotlk
    i played rogue at cata
    and will play my rogue with MoP

I dont play a class cause its OP or not i play a class because i like the playstyle , of course my dmg is gimped... but hey remeber Cata start? same thing , remeber BC? same thing
    poeple that complain are mostly legendary reroller that are only used to steamroll in battlegrounds
    belive me there gonna reroll fast :P
    Rogues are still the best class for control and utility. They will still be viable in high end arenas because of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Rogues are still the best class for control and utility. They will still be viable in high end arenas because of this.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/bloodlust/3v3

?

(It's updating very slowly, but as I have been saying all around, check Vanguards or Reckful's streams to see how few rogues they face. Only Ecliptium is around)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/bloodlust/3v3

?

(It's updating very slowly, but as I have been saying all around, check Vanguards or Reckful's streams to see how few rogues they face. Only Ecliptium is around)
    After they nerf facerolling hunters and warriors ofc. Nothing is balanced atm. Not just rogues mate

Deleted
    After they nerf facerolling hunters and warriors ofc. Nothing is balanced atm. Not just rogues mate
    So you are just playing some theorycraft here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Enjoy Recuperate immortality while you can, imo.
    oh my bad that was one expac ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Enjoy Second Wind immortality while you can, imo.
    lul

I promise you that Second Wind is not going to be nerfed. If anything, burst is, which is also really ambiguous at this point because of how ridiculous Warrior damage distribution in PvE is at the moment. Of course, Blizzard could just carpet bomb the class into uselessness again, but I really would not count on it.

But yeah, it doesn't feel so good does it? This was what Rogues were like for nearly 2 years. However, I am glad to know you were crying yourself to sleep over it, it helps relieve the pain.

So you are just playing some theorycraft here.
    welcome to the club

the club where everyone tells you your class isn't underpowered and everyone else is overpowered
    the club where you don't know how to play and are terrible
    the club where your opinion is invalid because the game isn't balanced around 1v1 and you're competitive in 3v3 based on someone's opinion that has never played your class above 2k or 2200 at any point in the game's history. And Also plays one of the Flavors of the Month. Most likely a Mage or a Ret Paladin. Maybe a Warrior, since they are still mad about Cataclysm and thought they got good in Mists.

that being said

rogues could use some buffs

because i don't see enough of them to exact my butthurt upon their assholes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    lul

I promise you that Second Wind is not going to be nerfed. If anything, burst is, which is also really ambiguous at this point because of how ridiculous Warrior damage distribution in PvE is at the moment. Of course, Blizzard could just carpet bomb the class into uselessness again, but I really would not count on it.

But yeah, it doesn't feel so good does it? This was what Rogues were like for nearly 2 years. However, I am glad to know you were crying yourself to sleep over it, it helps relieve the pain.

welcome to the club

the club where everyone tells you your class isn't underpowered and everyone else is overpowered
    the club where you don't know how to play and are terrible
    the club where your opinion is invalid because the game isn't balanced around 1v1 and you're competitive in 3v3 based on someone's opinion that has never played your class above 2k or 2200 at any point in the game's history. And Also plays one of the Flavors of the Month. Most likely a Mage or a Ret Paladin. Maybe a Warrior, since they are still mad about Cataclysm and thought they got good in Mists.

that being said

rogues could use some buffs

because i don't see enough of them to exact my butthurt upon their assholes.
    you mad son?

afraid to say they're not the best class for control any more by a long way. Everything is on a pretty long cooldown (blind 3 min cd, vanish 3min cd) and more classes have ways of breaking cc without trinket now. Honestly they are in a bad state IMO but a good rogue will still be able to do something with it, a mediocre/bad one (like me :P) will be able to do little with it - still fun to play though!