Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pets Rabid changed?

I logged in today and tested Rabid and instead of giving 25% attack power for pet it now gives about 41.25% attack speed. Bug or intended nerf?
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2012-10-12 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    I logged in today and tested Rabid and instead of giving 25% attack power for pet it now gives about 41.25% attack speed. Bug or intended nerf?
    Checked this also, Pet Attack speed went from 1.73 to 1.01... Nice nerf >_>.... There goes LR+Rabid macro, say hi to Rabid on every spell macros!

Yup that's a nerf to BM directly (less damage on kc and bite) and a nerf to Surv / MM "burst".

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Yup that's a nerf to BM directly (less damage on kc and bite) and a nerf to Surv / MM "burst".
    BM burst is only strong because people are not in PvP gear, and outside of CDs, Hunter damage is laughable. Not to mention Frost Mages still have the most OP burst in the game, which can be done many times over 5 minutes(Readiness and Stampede are 5 min CDs)

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    BM burst is only strong because people are not in PvP gear, and outside of CDs, Hunter damage is laughable. Not to mention Frost Mages still have the most OP burst in the game, which can be done many times over 5 minutes(Readiness and Stampede are 5 min CDs)
    Ok? it's still a nerf to BM dps because our main way of generating dps is through Bestial Wrath + Rabid + Kill command, assuming this is a 1:1 change 25% ap to 42.5% attack speed, BM dps just fell while surv and mm did not. The only thing that changed for surv and mm is the amount of burst.

Actually it is probably an overall nerf because trinket procs + rabid scaled.

Readiness is the core problem of this all, it basically allows for double everything(except for Stampede). And Now that BM has it, GG(Anyone remember 3.0?).

I'd say: Make Readiness not reset BW anymore, buff BW otherwise(maybe you get more +% dmg done instead of pet?), buff overall sustained DPS, it's not fun to see a recount jump to almost 200k and them plummet to ~70k with also over 190k Kill Command crits during the first 20 seconds where a normal KC probably does 70-100k damage on crits.

Problem is CD stacking. I got Engi Gloves, Scope enchant, potion,DMC trinket and Heroic trinket, all give Agility, woohoo! I get over double my Agility from procs during the initial burst(20s). This same goes for PvP, I don't wear any PvP gear, I just go in an Arena with a friend to get CQ cap, choose target, press the magic buttons and most classes are dead in 3-4 globals. And I have all my procs up basically doubling my damage again.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Ok? it's still a nerf to BM dps because our main way of generating dps is through Bestial Wrath + Rabid + Kill command, assuming this is a 1:1 change 25% ap to 42.5% attack speed, BM dps just fell while surv and mm did not. The only thing that changed for surv and mm is the amount of burst.

Actually it is probably an overall nerf because trinket procs + rabid scaled.
    It may be a PvP nerf, but to me it looks like a PvE buff. How many more times will our pet attack in the space of time that Rabid is active? How many more potential crits?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Readiness is the core problem of this all, it basically allows for double everything(except for Stampede). And Now that BM has it, GG(Anyone remember 3.0?).

Agreed. Hunters already have way too much cooldowns and "mini coldowns", having readiness to double them just makes burst out of control in PVP and realy anoying to keep track and doing openers in PVE...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    It may be a PvP nerf, but to me it looks like a PvE buff. How many more times will our pet attack in the space of time that Rabid is active? How many more potential crits?
    I'm with this guy on this one. Anyone have any actual numbers yet? It will definitely hurt BM burst, but what is the overall damage done over time? Damage done overall is more important.

Well, going from highest DPS on Kings to 11th appears to be a hell of a nerf. This just pisses me off.
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay for massive PvE nerfs to bandaid fix PvP issues that everyone and their computer-illiterate grandmother could have seen coming months ago!

/obvious_sarcasm

it won't be much of a PvE nerf as it is PvP... it does kill rabid stacking with lynx rush though

Quote Originally Posted by danko215 View Post
    Well, going from highest DPS on Kings to 11th appears to be a hell of a nerf. This just pisses me off.
    Because of a change to Rabid alone? Not using Rabid at all is a 2k dps loss tops, but the ability hasn't been removed from the game, just altered. We're looking at a 3-500 dps change here, whether plus or minus, not a game changer.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2012-10-12 at 09:18 PM.

on a sidenote, does this just make AmOC even better than LR in PvE, as BM?

Deleted
    aMoC is better than LR since the change of applying BM mastery to aMoC

its also been in the game a few days... people are just now noticing there was a change in the skill not a change in their DPS... CLASSIC knee jerk reaction from people who don't even know how it changed things just that its changed and in the minds of simple people change = nerf.

I don't see these changes my rabid is still the same on all my pets
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by danightryder View Post
    The tool-tip has not been updated on either the spell itself or the buff it places on your pet. If you open your pet window and use Rabid you will see that your pets AP does not change at all but its attack speed will decrease substantially.
    Last edited by DarkSkar; 2012-10-13 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danightryder View Post
    Tooltip isn't updated, but if you open your pet tab and cast Rabid, you will see the Attack Power stay the same, and your pets attack speed drop from 1.77 to 1.07, meaning it now gives Attack Speed instead of Attack Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    its also been in the game a few days... people are just now noticing there was a change in the skill not a change in their DPS... CLASSIC knee jerk reaction from people who don't even know how it changed things just that its changed and in the minds of simple people change = nerf.
    Do you only come on this forum to call everyone an idiot and flaunt how much better you are?

This has not been in for "days" and was changed on the Thursday restart. Also, this is not increasing haste, only attack speed. This is a direct nerf to BM hunter dps. After testing and spreadsheet, lynx rush is now not worth getting in survival / marks at all. Our only option is AMOC. Even if you get Lynx, it's a waste of gcd and net dps loss.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2012-10-13 at 04:17 AM.