Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    only dailies you have to do is the golden lotus and the klaxxi to revered. you can skip the 3 other daily hubs.

but its not required to do any of the daily quests, unless you want to maximize your character for normal/heroic raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Well, please let me know about a MMORPG that changed anything about the questing types than WoW. And please don't say GW2, because that would make you look like a "fucking retard". .......*SNIP*
    you mad?

MoP is just more of the same.
    I thought 4.0 was amazing, but all the patches after was shit, so the fact that MoP so far is good is pretty meaningless for me.

and about that GW2 statement, your right gw2 has the same type of quests as WoW however there is a big differense ...
    you CAN actually fail quests(events). So in that way it's vastly different then WoW.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    and about that GW2 statement, your right gw2 has the same type of quests as WoW however there is a big differense ...
    you CAN actually fail quests(events). So in that way it's vastly different then WoW.
    i rather enjoyed how the questing/event system worked in gw2 everyone can join in and everyone has their own set of loot. its a shame in wow its a bloodly tag race. right now minibosses quests seem to be shareable. im hoping thats all quest related things will be shareable

10+ Year Old Account
    How about hmmmmmmm........ let me think long and hard.. Raiding? Or PvP?
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    You just listed EXACTLY nostalgic reasons. You liked the theme more, and things were new. You are burned out, don't complicate it. Better reasons for raiding? That's not a specific or constructive criticism.
    Actually, his reasons are perfectly objective and not rooted in nostalgia at all. Let me recount them for you.

1) A “better reason for raiding” is raiding for access to more content as the reward. As that’s now provided directly by Blizzard, this is a fundamental change.

2) By saying he “loved the raid model”, he’s saying he liked the tier-gated approach more than the no-gate approach. Again, this is a fundamental change.

3) If you think “PvP was better in TBC”, that may be because the game was balanced around PvP specs rather than trying to make every spec viable. Guess what? It’s a fundamental change.

4) “Liking Outland more than Pandaria” is hardly nostalgic, either – following the RTS games, the conclusion of Illidan’s tale may well be preferable to the story of Pandaria.

Put simply, you can’t categorise someone else’s preferences as purely nostalgic because you don’t understand them. That’s just akin to trolling because it does both the person you’re replying to, as well as the conversation itself, a gross disservice.

Truthfully, as soon as someone trots out the “nostalgia” argument I start to switch off. It invariably means that they can’t see beyond their own preferences, and assume everyone who doesn’t share them must be deluded.

I'm improving my main at a very chill pace, so I should be entertained quite a long bit. Fits with the pandaren philosophy.

mop is awesome

Deleted
    I think u can consider this as partially true:
    "Each time an expansion gets out there are a lot of expectations... probably the biggest for Mop was "new content" and "more content more often"..."
    Cataclysm has been a failure due to how last quarter of Wotlk has been handled ("we want everyone to be a kingslayer" > "we want everyone to be given a chance to progress in order to reach and defeat the final boss"> say it the way u prefer)...
    the problem is that > the more u tone down a thing the more toned down players u will succesfully attract... up to the dumb zone (where everyone realizes how stupid the thing is)...

They didn't do the same mistake with Mop, coming from the lfr Ds version...
    so the diffuculty has been toned down on anything (quests in lvling, dungeons, scenarios)...
    Now ask urself : How do i keep subscribers at such a low difficult lvl?
    I think the idea has been to force a slow progression outside raids... and they made it... nobody can argue u can't rush on anything... ^_^
    not even professions... main mats are bop... u can't rush even by gold...

It's pointless tryin to argue about the quality or difficulty of dungeons/RAIDS/zones currently available anyway, it's always goin to be no more than a personal opinion... but when it comes to quantity (and pre patch events as well) any other expansion (cataclysm included) wins hands down... good or bad as it was...
    U were said to be given more content more often... u're just given the same amount (if not less) little by little... it might be good, it might be bad... but u should consider that sometimes things are not as u're told nor how u're expecting them... it might hurt but u should consider this as a possible alternative to view current state...

Vanilla had Molten Core as 1st... with a significative impact from raid preparation (fire res gears/att)...
    Tbc had Karazhan/gruul/maghteridon's (faction rep up to revered > hc farm/attu)
    Wotlk had Naxxramas/Os (cold res gear for sapphiron only and optional)
    Cata had Bastion of Twilight/Blackwing Decent/Throne of the 4 winds
    All these raids were places to farm the 1st tier tokens... I'm not considering dungeon sets or places like Scholomance/Blackrock spire as raids (not like they weren't but probably nobody would believe)...
    Mop has Mogu'shan Vaults: normal/hc/lfr versions and it's the 1st non filler raid I can remember without a single tier token drop (not even head/gloves from last one)... the message seems to be "slow pace"...

The main goal of this expansion maybe is just to force the "casual player" pace for everyone... so.. as long as u're a casual it's fine.. if u aren't u'll be constantly kept stopped somehow (outside raids)...
    This isn't necessarily a bad thing... but it just depends on what ur expectations are and which guild u belong...
    I think the smart devs might call this a "content optimization"...

Pvp is always the same mess... it's always the same since Tbc more 'r less... untill they decide to divide entirely (abilites/talents) pvp from pve u can't hope for anythng really gamebreaking or innovative... u'll always have a caster with legendary staff (pvp res/power won't change it) or trinkets with something worth on proc (they recently nerfed all the ds trinkets)... fotm specs or imba abilities have been always around... at least since Cata there's a nice turnover... just wait for the rite patch...

The only real problem in Wow u currently have, that nobody is addressing, is the HUGE gap among:
    raiders (doesn't matter if hc or normal)
    everyone else...
    and there's nothing coming to try to cover this gap... and since it's not even attempted to be covered u can't honestly be waitin for something different than a "casual player" approach...
    Last edited by mmocb5a5a30634; 2012-10-12 at 10:05 AM.

If I could grind rep in dungeons with friends I would.
    Last edited by adacharlot; 2012-10-12 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    The thing is, there aren’t alternatives.
    because there doesn't need to be alternatives.

I could never do a daily in the game and using just dungeons be geared enough to do raids.

Now if you choose (that's the important word) to have better gear than that, then you'll have to do dailies, but remember it's you making that choice to try and over gear the content.

Lets not tip toe around what this is really about, people want whatever advantages they can get when they raid and that's fine but you have to understand your going above and beyond what's needed and that choice is yours and it shouldn't be something you complain about.

It's like fat people blaming McDonalds for making them fat.

As it stands I'm not a big fan of the dailies, I don't like the amount of time they take to do (and neither does the girlfriend...) but I also get that this is because I want something from it so it's not blizzard forcing me to do dailies, it's me making myself do them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    because there doesn't need to be alternatives.

I could never do a daily in the game and using just dungeons be geared enough to do raids.

Now if you choose (that's the important word) to have better gear than that, then you'll have to do dailies, but remember it's you making that choice to try and over gear the content.

Lets not tip toe around what this is really about, people want whatever advantages they can get when they raid and that's fine but you have to understand your going above and beyond what's needed and that choice is yours and it shouldn't be something you complain about.

It's like fat people blaming McDonalds for making them fat.

As it stands I'm not a big fan of the dailies, I don't like the amount of time they take to do (and neither does the girlfriend...) but I also get that this is because I want something from it so it's not blizzard forcing me to do dailies, it's me making myself do them.
    So did you have to take that 5% dps talent? Your blaming the talent system for how shitty it is but in reality your still choosing to take that 5% dps talent. Cmooon cmooon this is the same forum that argued tooth and nail that running two iccs felt sooooooo mandatory and how great it was they merged lockouts. This is the same game company that won't give a pvp honor weapon because ghostcrawler things EVERY PVE GUY would feel forced to do it. Cmoon it's soooooo obvious that dailies stand out...

The amount of time it takes to do the dailies and the way some are linked to others is a major drawback. There are a few parts of the game where it feels they tired to add to much and instead of having a few new great things we have a ton of average things. So far for me I am enjoying the game though I am concerned about its quick burnout rate for some already.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 03:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    only dailies you have to do is the golden lotus and the klaxxi to revered. you can skip the 3 other daily hubs.

but its not required to do any of the daily quests, unless you want to maximize your character for normal/heroic raids.

And shado-pan and august celestials. For the gear offered of the recipes for professions. The amount of time that goes into the quest is well over an hour and for some at or above 2 which is just way the hell to long.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Only read up to here, and then proceeded to laugh very hard. Please, do tell me your creative ideas on how to make over 3000 quests not similar and each one different in format. Please, tell me every single idea for the over 3000 quests there are.
    Agree - gold star and /giggle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Yes, MMOs are forever destined to have the "kill 37 billion boars" quests, or the fetch quest or the "protect the dude while he's doing some shit" quests, sorry.
    They're forever destined to have that as long as we let them get away with that. I say it's time to start holding them to higher standards than that. Who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    They're forever destined to have that as long as we let them get away with that. I say it's time to start holding them to higher standards than that. Who's with me?
    Fine, name some ideas then?

I'm very curious to see a quest WITHOUT the kill, collect, protect.

Explore? We have that.
    Snipe? Have it.
    Blow something up? Plenty.

Go on then.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

i think blizz missed a trick with scenarios. This is where the rep grind should be, u should be able to get rep from scenarios, would get more people doing them and would avoid the problem of wrath and cata of doing 3 things at once (gearing up, getting valor and getting rep at the same time)

Deleted
    We are many people that agree with you OP, and I cant understand everyones love for MoP, but then again this is a WoW forum, and most people here play WoW because they like it, so then they will most likely also like MoP. Everyones entitled an opinion. I still think WoW is a great game, but I also dont think that MoP added something worth playing for, and I have played WoW since vanilla beta. I think that I have played my share of WoW for serveral years to come. I will play other games, that might not be as good as WoW in every singel point of view, but most certainly excel WoW in some, and it will be something new and different, and that will enjoy me for a while.

Deleted
    MoP is awesome, if your bored then you are bored of wow, not MoP.

Deleted
    i find funny to read how some compare the rewards from an instance with the "reward" from an Scenario. You cant compare them as if they were the same, because they are not. Scenarios are way easier and faster to do than an heroic instance, you dont require an special setup for Scenarios, while heroics require dps, heal and tanks (with the queue that carries with it).
    And no, i did get nothing more than gold from the box that gives the Scenarios, but i dont mind, because Scenarios are just those Elite Quests that doesnt exist since long time ago, and some of them gives you missions with some blues as rewards, enough to help you while you are leveling or getting some equipment.

It sounds to me like you're wasting $15/mo.

If you hate it that badly, why do you hate yourself also and pay for something you don't enjoy? lol. I will never understand that.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.