Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    As opposed to the flood of complaints from people asking to nerf the rep grind or provide some alternative to dailies? It's the same thing man. The corellation is that wherever the reward is greatest people will "attempt" to get that reward and feel obligated to do so. In the case of challenge gear it was because it would be to hard and they want it to be hard but I mean if it's all choice what does it matter then? I mean I could choose not to get the gear from challenge modes right?
    There's a difference between the two possible complaints.

The rep grind is "I don't want to do this"
    The challenge mode would be "I can't do this"

They did a good job with the xpac overall.

Rep does suck though. I mean the gating feel very superficial and there are just way too many quest. For all the talk about choices and fun, forcing the player base to farm daily quest just to get enchanting patterns seems counter intuitive.

Again though, they did well overall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    that's ok. i, for example, do not understand how people like music from justin bieber or other casted new-age popstars. you don't have to understand why people like things. just accept it.
    This is exactly how Nazi Germany started. When you see something that's wrong, you don't accept it, you stand up to it.

Deleted
    So it begins... The shitstorm that will ruin MoP as it did with Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    This is exactly how Nazi Germany started. When you see something that's wrong, you don't accept it, you stand up to it.
    Did you really just compare one of the greatest attrocities in human history to game design?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    There's a difference between the two possible complaints.

The rep grind is "I don't want to do this"
    The challenge mode would be "I can't do this"
    Actually alot of people with the rep grind are saying I can't do this. I don't have the time to invest on a regular basis to do this nor can I commit to doing them on a regular basis. Dailes are even less flexible than dungeons in that regard. Furthermore that particular distinction isn't meaningful in the long run. The net result is the same. People feel compelled, they won't get what they want how they want it and it will be nerfed.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Did you really just compare one of the greatest attrocities in human history to game design?
    I agre, that was a little... too far.

Now, where did I put that link to Godwin's Law...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    So it begins... The shitstorm that will ruin MoP as it did with Cata.
    Yuup. The community will turn on itself if and when changes are made. It already is to a degree. Just like in cataclysm the same absurd rationals and justifications are being brought to light and I am having very similar conversations to what I had before. Cataclysm 2.0
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Scenarios are even worse, because not only do they offer no benefits like dungeons, but they only have a 10% or whatever chance of you even getting a reward.
    Huh. The only reason my minimum ilvl gear is 463 is because of scenarios. I have had plenty of drops in them. Certainly higher than 10%. It also was what got me into heroic dungeons.

The dailies are a great idea. Getting to revered isnt much at all. The only factions I am not revered with are the Celstials and Shado Pan. Nothing like the older reps in WOW.

If you do the dailies every day you will still be limited by valor points and not by reputation in fact. Its also not the only source for that gear.

While I do think they need to boost golden lotus rep so we can do the factions requiring revered earlier, I think the rep from the factions is pretty good. It took me less than 13 days to get my cloud serpent and I only found 2 eggs during my entire rep grind.

The games been out for less than a month, do you really think you should be exaulted with everyone in less than 4 weeks?

Deleted
    This just in: WoW is still WoW

On the shitstorm-topic: I hope blizzard doesn't make the mistake to actually listen to the people. Believe me, players are the least capable persons to actually propose changes to a game. They lack the distance needed.

Actually alot of people with the rep grind are saying I can't do this. I don't have the time to invest on a regular basis to do this nor can I commit to doing them on a regular basis. Dailes are even less flexible than dungeons in that regard. Furthermore that particular distinction isn't meaningful in the long run. The net result is the same. People feel compelled, they won't get what they want how they want it and it will be nerfed.
    You've been arguing it takes 30 minute to do your dailies and then you're sitting bored in Orgrimmar.

Which is it?

They take no time and it's boring afterwards?
    or
    They take too long and people can't do them?

Now if the argument is can't log in daily and do them, then I'm on your side. Yes, I agree they should have kept the 7 random LFG per week instead of daily and possibly even applied it to scenarios, challenge modes as well as extending it to a weekly rep cap with both dungeons and dailies contributing to those caps.

But then people are complaining about gating the content, which tabards and heroics doesn't address if there's a weekly cap, so that's not going to please your camp either unless you're willing to concede that dailies have reasonably gated the content but simply want the alternative to approach that gate.

I'm all on board for a heroic grind alternative to dailies that doesn't stack with them.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-10-12 at 03:56 PM.

An individual daily is also worthless in and of itself. Dailies on the whole are the least flexible and accessible content because every day you don't do them you lose out. Every day you don't do them your progress is retarded.
    How is that any different from rep tied to dungeons? If I have a maximum number of dungeons I can run, every time I do not reach that maximum my progress is retarded. At least this way, the activity you are doing is directly helping the faction that assigned you the task. The connections between the two exists. Dungeon tabbards were the (idiotic, IMO) equivalent to a sports team liking you more because you wore their jersey to work every day.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW isn't doing anything different but is certainly doing something "right" since I've tried a dozen other MMO's and none have my sub money.

I really enjoyed the Secret World beta I got to play as it had a lot of fresh ideas but I could tell it was still 6 months+ from being really ready for release even though it was coming out in 2 weeks.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

MoP dailies reputation system is a bad one, because it is required. And it is required because so many things are tied to them.

You want to get your profession recipes? Do Dailies, a lot of dailies during a lot of days.
    You want to be able to exchange your valor gear? Do Dailies, a lot of dailies
    You want to hunt mounts? Do dailies, a lot of dailies
    You like vanity items? Oh boy, you are screwed, because you will tear your eyes off your head of the amount of dailies you will have to do.
    and there are more.

Basically, no matter what you choose to do, you are forced to do the same group of dailies over and over, a lot of them, during a lot of days, with all the server there and if y6ou happen to be in a PVP because your friends were there and people play better in them, but you dont personally like PVP, like me, you are literally screwed, even more in week days where you can only play in peak times.

Dailies format and forcing people into an outdated concept like World PVP is, are my biggest complaint in MoP. I still think its a great expansion, but in those aspects its flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    The fact that you don't like MoP doesn't mean everyone else should dislike it aswell...
    ^^
    Everyone has their opinion. Seeing threads like these is annoying as hell. Let people who enjoy the game enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by AusSpyder View Post
    *sob*
    Yeah, you don't like anything, the sky has the wrong shade of blue, the shoes hurt, they didn't have your favourite brand of chocolate at the grocery store today, and the PMS just won't go away. Everything's just so MEH. What was it you wanted to say again?

Godwin's Law
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
    Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies[1][2]) is an argument made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2][non-primary source needed] that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[2][3] In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler and the Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    You want to get your profession recipes? Do Dailies, a lot of dailies during a lot of days.
    You want to be able to exchange your valor gear? Do Dailies, a lot of dailies
    You want to hunt mounts? Do dailies, a lot of dailies
    You like vanity items? Oh boy, you are screwed, because you will tear your eyes off your head of the amount of dailies you will have to do.
    and there are more.
    But none of those things, by themselves, are strictly required. You are the one making the decision that those specific rewards are important to you. So your argument then becomes nothing more than you want an alternative means of acquiring a specific reward because you do not like the activity required of you in order to acquire them now. How well do you think it would be received if someone started a post asking for a reliable way to acquire heroic raid gear without actually having to complete heroic raids?
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Dungeon tabbards were the (idiotic, IMO) equivalent to a sports team liking you more because you wore their jersey to work every day.
    Sorry, but that metaphor works IRL. The more you wear the jersey, the more everyone (including the team if they are aware) know that you are a fan. Not to say that tabards in WoW should be the same, but your metaphor proves the opposite of what you think it does.