Page 1 of 3
LastLast

does enh get any better in PvP at 90?

im currently 81 in hyjal and im not sure if i want to keep going with shamans. I was getting ganked by this warlock i pretty much got 1 shotted before i could get a heal off. same lv but he had more gear than i did cuz he had like 47k while i had 38k

anyway i go back and heal up/buff up and get ready to burst him down.

I pop wolves
    flame ele
    bloodlust
    blood fury(orc racial)

and go nuts... however this guy seemed to be able to not only take a serious beating but also heal to nearly full health while im bursting him. Not only this but he gets me real low(even with shamanistic rage) and i only survive because i got lucky with a healing surge crit. i end up killing him but he comes right back and 2 shots me with choasbolt/warlock excute.

I gotta ask before i get to 90. Does it get better? Im seeing videos of near full pvp gear people get dominated by locks/mages/hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    im currently 81 in hyjal and im not sure if i want to keep going with shamans. I was getting ganked by this warlock i pretty much got 1 shotted before i could get a heal off. same lv but he had more gear than i did cuz he had like 47k while i had 38k

anyway i go back and heal up/buff up and get ready to burst him down.

I pop wolves
    flame ele
    bloodlust
    blood fury(orc racial)

and go nuts... however this guy seemed to be able to not only take a serious beating but also heal to nearly full health while im bursting him. Not only this but he gets me real low(even with shamanistic rage) and i only survive because i got lucky with a healing surge crit. i end up killing him but he comes right back and 2 shots me with choasbolt/warlock excute.

I gotta ask before i get to 90. Does it get better? Im seeing videos of near full pvp gear people get dominated by locks/mages/hunters.
    well im currently playing a Resto PVE / Enh PVP , and Locks are great kiters now with that portal thingy but once u are in reach they are DONE ,Ascendance makes Stormstrike a Ranged ability that helps alot since it hits good plust keeping Frost shock on them to slow em , so is not that bad , shamas are pretty good to lvl and stay with . just remember to swith to wolf form alot to reach them faster oh and windshear them no chaos bolt

From what I've seen in Arenas so far, Enhancement is really strong. I was watching Reckful streaming and he was playing with one, and he had insane burst. As well as good survivability. What I think is happening for you, is higher amounts of gear, as well as getting kited. You can't tell if a class is going to be good in a one v one situation, the game isn't balanced that way.

Keep leveling, at 90 you're a really strong class. And totally worth playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    From what I've seen in Arenas so far, Enhancement is really strong. I was watching Reckful streaming and he was playing with one, and he had insane burst. As well as good survivability. What I think is happening for you, is higher amounts of gear, as well as getting kited. You can't tell if a class is going to be good in a one v one situation, the game isn't balanced that way.

I'm almost 86 and i feel like I do next to no damage at all. Stacking full master as well. T.T

Hope it gets better at 90

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post

Well, i m lvl 90 shaman enhancement, and I tell you that. This spec is BROKEN. No dmg, no survivability. Plain and simple. Try playing one and you ll know what i mean. Enha shamans supposed to be hydrits, now almost every pure dps can self heal more or/and more effectively, and the gap between our dmg is insane. Few hours ago I was playing 2v2 arenas with a hunter friend, I was the free kill for our opponents, and he was the soloing winner. Even with shamanistic up, astral up, wolves up, healing tide up, and asce up, shamans die like sh*t. And the best part is that hunter was using greens and some blues, while i had almost full pvp gear and heroic blue fists.
    Now numbers, 5-6 seconds 2v2 fight, me: 130k dmg, hunter: 660k dmg. And I wasn't even trying to survive or something, i gone full dps with everything up. Next game, 10secs fight. Me: 220k dmg, hunter: 970k dmg. And thats the gap between almost every pure dps vs enha shamans.
    And please don't tell this 3v3 balance crap. Its a false sense of balance plus pvp is NOT only 3v3. Its bgs, 2v2, and even duels. The question I wonder is why the FCK they wont let enha shamans in a decent lvl in pvp, I don't want them to be op, I hate op classes. But I want them able to encounter an opponent even if that demands a higher lvl of skill cap..

Deleted
    Huge L2P issue here above with Mimilijin, there are ppl playing enhance already at 2400/2500 MMR and there are examples strewn all over the internet of average players who stream making it to 2200 MMR with ease and very little synergy. Enhancement is a very solid spec right now, has fantastic burst and can kite for a month. The above poster stated that he did 220k in 10 secs: we'll considering during Ascendence we crit for around 70-80k stormstrikes on full gear a 'normal' enhancement could pull anything between 600-700k dmg in that burst timeframe.

Defensively we have great off-heals, astral shift, shamanistic rage, frozen power, rockbiter, healing stream tot and can kite like a DK. Twin this with the fact that we can strip a healer of FULL buffs in 2 globals makes us very very very viable when twinned with a high burst class like a warrior, feral or BM hunter. Also the fundamental thing you DO NOT DO when going on a rant about a spec in PvP is use 2v2 as an example, you moron.

Just watch Jamillz on Reckful's stream, and Mimilijin please re-roll to something like frost DK where you can mash keys for your dps... seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Mimilijin View Post
    And please don't tell this 3v3 balance crap. Its a false sense of balance plus pvp is NOT only 3v3. Its bgs, 2v2, and even duels.
    Blizzard has stated multiple times that duels and 2v2 are extremely hard to balance, and that 3v3 is a much better way to look at how PvP is doing. Hell, isn't that why we can't buy Elite gear with 2v2 rating? Don't forget, Blizzard has to polish both PvE and PvP at the same time. Have you seen Enhance in raids? Their single target dps is astounding (assuming they're not moving around a ton)... It's just not realistic or rational to assume with PvE/PvP that 2v2 and duels should be balanced AS WELL as 3's, 5', and BG's.

To me, if you want quick Conquest then go 2's.
    If you want balanced competitive gameplay then go 3's.
    Absolute mayhem and hand cramps then go 5's.
    Zerg fests go BG's.

From what I hear, Enhance can fit in in all of these places. I just can't stand leveling from 85 to 90. (85 I'm doing piss-poor damage so there's no motivation)

We are not at the top of the foodchain, but surely not at the bottom. Just don't compare yourself with a Hunter or Warrior, they are way over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Burntfinger View Post
    Huge L2P issue here above with Mimilijin, there are ppl playing enhance already at 2400/2500 MMR and there are examples strewn all over the internet of average players who stream making it to 2200 MMR with ease and very little synergy. Enhancement is a very solid spec right now, has fantastic burst and can kite for a month. The above poster stated that he did 220k in 10 secs: we'll considering during Ascendence we crit for around 70-80k stormstrikes on full gear a 'normal' enhancement could pull anything between 600-700k dmg in that burst timeframe.

Defensively we have great off-heals, astral shift, shamanistic rage, frozen power, rockbiter, healing stream tot and can kite like a DK. Twin this with the fact that we can strip a healer of FULL buffs in 2 globals makes us very very very viable when twinned with a high burst class like a warrior, feral or BM hunter. Also the fundamental thing you DO NOT DO when going on a rant about a spec in PvP is use 2v2 as an example, you moron.

Just watch Jamillz on Reckful's stream, and Mimilijin please re-roll to something like frost DK where you can mash keys for your dps... seriously
    There are so many things wrong with this post I don't even know where to start. Enhance is the worst melee for mobility. As soon as you pop Ascendence I'm cc'ing you wasting your CD. You won't even have enough uptime on most good classes to build maelstrom stacks for healing, cc, and damage. You will be ran OOM because you can't stay in melee range to proc mana return. I don't know what bads you are fighting but they are not indicative of what this class can do...which isn't much. Some classes are so OP right now they are carrying other bad classes. Classes like warrior and hunters can carry any class right now because they can solo the other team. Watch Kripparrian's videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    There are so many things wrong with this post I don't even know where to start. Enhance is the worst melee for mobility. As soon as you pop Ascendence I'm cc'ing you wasting your CD. You won't even have enough uptime on most good classes to build maelstrom stacks for healing, cc, and damage. You will be ran OOM because you can't stay in melee range to proc mana return. I don't know what bads you are fighting but they are not indicative of what this class can do...which isn't much. Some classes are so OP right now they are carrying other bad classes. Classes like warrior and hunters can carry any class right now because they can solo the other team. Watch Kripparrian's videos.
    AGREED

Enhance PVP is totally broken, absolutely no question.
    I have pld this spec since Vanilla, never a great PVP'r admittedly but competent and know the class fairly well, sure always more to learn - im a 2k enhance in multiple season... as i say not gret but not bad.

This season - excluding the fact that Blizzard is Fking incompetent with such OP unbalanced rubbish that makes me sick (we pay for this c**p) like warriors BM hunters and Mages, we are useless compared to all other mellee.

Why?
    * Damage in PVP is very low - alll, alll other melle have higher dmg
    * Self healing on those classes is much higher than ours, and they pretty much do nothing to achieve it whilst we work hard, use up our mana, and therefore reduce our survivability and dmg... no mana 50% less dmg and using sham rage = reduced survuvability when we need for defense
    * Our movement is rubbish, we have bugger all gap closers - the frost shock root has diminishing returns, is quickly and easily countered and is useless at peeling - try staying on a warrior or feral for example of keeping them off your healer... impossible. The sprint is a long CD, and EB is ineffective, GW does not have immunity any longer... al other classes are just alot better for keeping on targets or keeping targets off them or healer.
    * Our 1 stun is so rediculously hard to get on targets in Arena if they have any ability at all
    * Our burst is so easiliy countered... soon as you pop this bad boy = you are sheeped, cloned, hexed, feared.... etc... and our defences agiaisnt that are forced to be used and long CD's... miracle if u get to use more than one Stormblast versus an competent team
    p.s. on our burst - average critting 70-80k stormstrikes... rubbish, dream on. Let me clarify, i hit a 204k Stormblast in a BG other night, ... in arena im lucky if i hit 30k (resilience)
    * we have to ramp up dmg through searing = bg great arena = so long and yes nice dmg but not good enough
    * Counters - we have hex long CD - Wind Shear now 12secs... rubbish. Compare that with classes like warriors and mages with all their stuns and cc and much much higher sustained and burst dmg, impossible to compete
    * we wear mail, we die very quickly, in some games im dead in 3-5 secs with me managing to pop all cd's thats it...

Burntfinger - show me all these enhance, link these armoury, i cannot find them. If your talking Jamhilz and Reckful - show me please, but remember 2 x ranked 1 glads is not showing this class is balanced or competitive.. Take Diablous, from what ive seen he was achieving a 50% win ratio playing with 2 x long term colleagues at 2k = he looks now to be playing resto... our enhance hero looks to have given im, and i spoke with him = we are garbage as enhance.

Summary - once again blizzard favours its usual classes and leave enhance in the dust.
    Improve out movement, our cc, our dmg, survivability... and give us some sort of complete immunity to dmg like most other classses have that have all what ive just mentioned and more

While I usually hate Endus's PEBCAK perspective, Enhancement is in nowhere near as bad of a place as people are convinced. Someone does poorly, and people latch onto that and make it seem like enhance is doing worse every time someone posts to ask about it. It has mobility problems, yes, and a couple survivability problems, but you don't just instantly get destroyed or endlessly kited. You do have some counters to those problems. Just try it at 90, and make sure you're doing the right things, and utilizing everything you have.

Deleted
    Well, i m lvl 90 shaman enhancement, and I tell you that. This spec is BROKEN. No dmg, no survivability. Plain and simple. Try playing one and you ll know what i mean. Enha shamans supposed to be hydrits, now almost every pure dps can self heal more or/and more effectively, and the gap between our dmg is insane. Few hours ago I was playing 2v2 arenas with a hunter friend, I was the free kill for our opponents, and he was the soloing winner. Even with shamanistic up, astral up, wolves up, healing tide up, and asce up, shamans die like sh*t. And the best part is that hunter was using greens and some blues, while i had almost full pvp gear and heroic blue fists.
    Now numbers, 5-6 seconds 2v2 fight, me: 130k dmg, hunter: 660k dmg. And I wasn't even trying to survive or something, i gone full dps with everything up. Next game, 10secs fight. Me: 220k dmg, hunter: 970k dmg. And thats the gap between almost every pure dps vs enha shamans.
    And please don't tell this 3v3 balance crap. Its a false sense of balance plus pvp is NOT only 3v3. Its bgs, 2v2, and even duels. The question I wonder is why the FCK they wont let enha shamans in a decent lvl in pvp, I don't want them to be op, I hate op classes. But I want them able to encounter an opponent even if that demands a higher lvl of skill cap..
    Just to make it clear to anyone who consider playing enhance. Don't get affected by this comment, it's the worst comparison to other classes ever, while playing the weirdest combo in an unbalanced enviroment.

Mimilijin you seriously need to think twice before posting, you give people the wrong idea about the spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    Just to make it clear to anyone who consider playing enhance. Don't get affected by this comment, it's the worst comparison to other classes ever, while playing the weirdest combo in an unbalanced enviroment.

Mimilijin you seriously need to think twice before posting, you give people the wrong idea about the spec.
    Ok I ll fix it right away.
    Ppl if you wanna play 3v3 they go for it, you can play 3v3 with a fckin combat rogue if you wish, cause guess what.. pvp is "balanced" in 3v3.
    But, if you wanna pvp for fun, bgs, 2v2 or duels, drop it.
    ..Better?

Ok I ll fix it right away.
    Ppl if you wanna play 3v3 they go for it, you can play 3v3 with a fckin combat rogue if you wish, cause guess what.. pvp is "balanced" in 3v3.
    But, if you wanna pvp for fun, bgs, 2v2 or duels, drop it.
    ..Better?
    Just do what I do mimilijin. I play all the classes. I never even see Enhancement shamans in bgs or arena and on the rare occasion I see one I know they are a free kill no matter what class I'm playing.

Only time enhance was better than it is currently was S6.
    Currently 2400 MMR with enh/dru/war, we've only done ~25 games with 6 losses total, 4 were to triple DPS that felt hopeless and the other 2 were KFC gibs in the first few seconds. We have a very, very outlast-defensive playstyle that seems to really suit the comp.

Also, expecting enhance to be good in rbgs is dumb. Only way to be good as a melee in rbgs is to be able to hold a flag, smokebomb, or deathgrip into smokebomb.
    Reroll a ranged class if you want in competitive RBGs.
    Last edited by Lassira; 2012-10-13 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Only time enhance was better than it is currently was S6.
    Currently 2400 MMR with enh/dru/war, we've only done ~25 games with 6 losses total, 4 were to triple DPS that felt hopeless and the other 2 were KFC gibs in the first few seconds. We have a very, very outlast-defensive playstyle that seems to really suit the comp.

Also, expecting enhance to be good in rbgs is dumb. Only way to be good as a melee in rbgs is to be able to hold a flag, smokebomb, or deathgrip into smokebomb.
    Reroll a ranged class if you want in competitive RBGs.
    Resto druids and warriors are extremely OP in PVP right now. You could probably be replaced with any class and they would still do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    Resto druids and warriors are extremely OP in PVP right now. You could probably be replaced with any class and they would still do well.
    And I know I could replace them with anything but a rogue or disc priest and do equally as well, what's your point? I'm merely playing with them because they're friends I've known for years. We ran the same comp to 2400 last season when both classes were considered absolutely terrible, does that make me a better player?
    Enhance is not in any form "bad" right now, it is very, very good.
    Bad players will always do bad though, unless they play BM.
    Last edited by Lassira; 2012-10-13 at 11:48 PM.

Enhancement in PvP is in a good place imho. Neither too strong nor to weak but more fun than it ever was before.
    Your selfheal ability while not hitting things is close to nothing but with spirit wolves or ancestral guiding it is awesome once you are able to actually hit someone.
    Capacitator totem and the new talents give you some really nice abilities for controll or breaking controll effects and Ascendescance is probably the most awesome ability that was added to the game since wotlk.
    Your Burst may be lower compared to other classes then it was in many previous seasons but its still good.

They seem worse than they are, only because of how strong warriors and hunters are. Other than those two outliers, they're definitely competitive. Mobility is kind of shitty, but survivability is better than in Cata, control is better, and burst is WAY better.

find a bm hunter, collect points while you still can.

so he can solo things while you scream down goes venruki in the background.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex