People hate TOR cause it's nothing new, but love WoW for not being new

Anyone who criticisez mists of pandaria, aside from getting shit stormed so hard you almost smell it through your screen, is told "well this is the WoW formula if you don't like it go play something else".

Then the same people say "TOR is like WoW it's shit", but, you just said you love WoW's formula, so what do you have against TOR?

Not to mention that TOR is FAR from WoW in many aspects, especially in storytelling, but my question is, why the hypocrisy?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Anyone who criticisez mists of pandaria, aside from getting shit stormed so hard you almost smell it through your screen, is told "well this is the WoW formula if you don't like it go play something else".

Then the same people say "TOR is like WoW it's shit", but, you just said you love WoW's formula, so what do you have against TOR?

Not to mention that TOR is FAR from WoW in many aspects, especially in storytelling, but my question is, why the hypocrisy?
    Because the people who like WoW are playing WoW.

The people who don't like WoW are looking for an MMO that isn't like WoW.

When there's overlap between these two groups its usually WoW addicts who want a better drug to replace their current one.
    And "different" isn't enough. It has to be indisputably better than WoW.

Or trolls.
    they sometimes do that
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

People hate TOR because it's a terrible game.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    People hate TOR because it's a terrible game.
    No.

This is a terrible game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_...dneck_Jamboree

But no one throws shit fits over it.
    I mean... They should. But they don't.

People hate swtor because more people like it than they want to admit.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

ToR's endgame wasnt there. Whereas wow's endgame at the start is tough and takes a lot of skill to complete. Some might argue that, but look at 10m Spiritbinder only 3 guilds in the world have killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    ToR's endgame wasnt there.
    SWTOR lost me long before the end game. The problem was the feel of combat and basics of interaction with the game. If that was bad -- and personally I found it to be so -- there's no reason to continue playing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

One of SWTOR's interesting quirks in my eyes is that it's like WoW, but not like present day WoW. It seems to play more like WoW did 5 or 6 years ago. I suppose that's why some people see it as outdated, and others of us find it's precisely what we were hoping to come across.

I can't possibly see this thread ending well. I know it's a hard concept but people like (and dislike) different games for different reasons, and some people play more than one game (gasp!). There will always be people who like some games and always be people who hate those same games. It's the nature of pluralistic societies.