Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    So, realistically, it's not a nerf we need, since once resilience is applied to Stampede, our once every 5 minute burst will take a nose-dive, as much as it is a fix to bring our main source of damage in line with everything else.
    Linx rush will still do a ton of damage same as kill command.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fisayoolat View Post
    pls shut up with the qq about bm nerf... we are not op, everyclass can defend our burst and do as much burst as we can, so pls stop this bm nerf nonsence.... warriors one shot, locks chaos bolt, mages and what have you... so pls stop it, if you cant fight a bm go practise how to fight one. I actually reallised the stampeding heal is not tht op, at least not in 3v3, one can easily outdamage the heal.. so many thingsto say but ill leave it at that. BMs not op. All classes are op............
    Yes, that's why a bm hunter can kill casters and healers in a single silenceshot and getting melee killed before they can even get in range of the hunter properly....
    Heck, I'm 2.4k rated on my alt hunter (2.5k on main warlock atm), with not even full pvp gear in 3s because my damage is that insane I can drop the other team on my own in a matter of seconds.
    Heck, against other teams that don't have a bm hunter or warrior, I do enough damage to kill them without the help from my warrior partner.
    Being able to 2v3 teams because of my class, clearly means it's overpowered.

Also, how can you practice against something that kills you before you even get a chance to try fighting back?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Yes, that's why a bm hunter can kill casters and healers in a single silenceshot and getting melee killed before they can even get in range of the hunter properly....
    Heck, I'm 2.4k rated on my alt hunter (2.5k on main warlock atm), with not even full pvp gear in 3s because my damage is that insane I can drop the other team on my own in a matter of seconds.
    Heck, against other teams that don't have a bm hunter or warrior, I do enough damage to kill them without the help from my warrior partner.
    Being able to 2v3 teams because of my class, clearly means it's overpowered.

Also, how can you practice against something that kills you before you even get a chance to try fighting back?
    Can you link your armory of your hunter??? I am really curious at your gear and spec/glyphs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    In a pet orientated class' pet orientated spec, the pet should do no damage then? That makes sense. As BM, the pet should be doing 30~50% of the damage.

the problem with this is pets are rather easy to CC, i hope when they nerf BM they buff the hunters damage. or it is going to totally destroy the spec again

They need to lower a BMs burst but give them decent sustained damage. Honestly silence shot needs to be removed from the talents and given back to MM. Bm pet should not be able to do any other attacks while doing lynx rush.

Honestly, I'm just going to stop playing til they're nerfed along with frost mages and shadow priests. Hate me.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    3 years of frostmage ownage:
    - let's buff ice lance by 15%

2 weeks of BM hunter OPness after 3 expansions of pure crap:
    - OMGWTF instanerf them!!!!!1111oneone

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post

Mages could never solo entire teams.

did some more 2s last night ( my pocket dk is STILL not 90 yet the lazy bastard) as ret/mage sitting around 2k mmr, any hunter team was pretty much an auto loss for us unless we manage to rush the hunter down before he could do anything.

whats more i'm seeing a lot of hunters are are pretty darn terrible starting to climb the ladders based on this. we ran into a resto shaman/bm hunter team on RoV. he gibbed my mage before i could even get a BoP on him or he could iceblock, or i could get close enough to blind his pets. BUT, then he spent about 10 minutes desperately S keying away from me, because he didn't know how to kite or strafe. eventually his cds came up again and he killed me. it was sad and pathetic. i hate losing because of dumb gimmicks rather then actual skill.

as this point in the game, the fact that we're burning control cooldowns and blanket silences on things like hunter pets and psyfiends is a really really ridiculous place to be.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-10-12 at 09:06 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Quoted for truth. ITT: Lots of butthurt pirates with no idea how to counter stampede
    There is no counter for stampede unless all players on your team have immunity cds. Even BOP is useless due to tranq shot. If your one of the hunters who blows stampede 3 seconds into the match then yea you can probably get countered. Hunters still bring fantastic cc and mobility and survivability without having the burst, so if people actually play with a hunter intelligently (most of the time they dont need too) there is literally no chance for the other team unless they have immunity cds. You have to outplay hunter's team SO bad to even survive 5 seconds into stampede.

When people get the t1 weapons hunter burst is going to go up even more and be even more ridiculous which is what im most worried about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post

Hunters never been crap in the past expansion, only bad hunters got owned while one with actual skill destroyed everything.

i don't understand why hunters got an instant army of the dead that they can use in arena in the first place... i mean if u add up all the ghouls you summon IF you finish channeling army, they would combined be doing as much as a frost dk's summoned ghoul. IMO either let army be used in arena (which even if it is able to i probably wont use it XD ) or take away stamepede from arena. Stampede post nerf = army

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Hunters never been crap in the past expansion, only bad hunters got owned while one with actual skill destroyed everything.
    top 0.1% of hunters were good, therefore class detroyed everything

logic.

Have a look at arena rep throughout cata, hunters were rock bottom for all of it until last part of s11 because of triple dps.

When i started playing in s8 wrath hunters were pretty terrible too, i came too late to hit the beastcleave and PHD bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post

logic.

Have a look at arena rep throughout cata, hunters were rock bottom for all of it until last part of s11 because of triple dps.

When i started playing in s8 wrath hunters were pretty terrible too, i came too late to hit the beastcleave and PHD bandwagon
    Hunters hasnt been bad since BC and Cataclysm was fantastic for them, they were one of the top classe for the entirety of the Xpac and had the biggest number of glad-viable 3S

Having a low numbers of skilled players does not make the class "bad".

Edit : Also, back on topic, obviously there is nothing in Patch 5.1 because they will fix it in patch 5.0.5, there is no way they will let an entire PvP season die just like in S5
    Last edited by Gangresnake; 2012-10-14 at 09:52 AM.

Deleted

logic.

There being many low skill hunters does not make the class bad, i chewed through tons of bad hunters backpedaling in bg's during cata while there once in a while was hunters that actually knew what they was doing that went on a rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Hunters hasnt been bad since BC and Cataclysm was fantastic for them, they were one of the top classe for the entirety of the Xpac and had the biggest number of glad-viable 3S

Having a low numbers of skilled players does not make the class "bad".

Edit : Also, back on topic, obviously there is nothing in Patch 5.1 because they will fix it in patch 5.0.5, there is no way they will let an entire PvP season die just like in S5

lol, not sure where you're getting your info from but it's not for this game, hunters overall had the lowest arena representation for cataclysm.

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    There being many low skill hunters does not make the class bad, i chewed through tons of bad hunters backpedaling in bg's during cata while there once in a while was hunters that actually knew what they was doing that went on a rampage.
    yeah the same player if they chose to play something like a rogue, mage or feral would go on an even bigger rampage. I know because I did it.

Owning with a hunter in bgs was easy because i knew what I was doing and many people don't however as soon as I started playing my alt mage, rogue and druid, i just realised how weak hunters were compared to them. I hadn't played them nearly as much as my hunter and still was doing as well or better because their class mechanics were just overall better than hunters.

lol, not sure where you're getting your info from but it's not for this game, hunters overall had the lowest arena representation for cataclysm.
    Not sure where you get your info either, but from playing and checking the ladder during Cataclysm, Hunters were everywhere at high ratings, in many many differents comp.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will most likely be nerfs. Not that they will do much good considering nobody even has PvP weapons yet which increase your PvP power by roughly 15%+~.

I think people are just too used to Cataclysm pvp style because current PvP feels more like Wotlk pvp. Just guessing that's one of the problems :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Not sure where you get your info either, but from playing and checking the ladder during Cataclysm, Hunters were everywhere at high ratings, in many many differents comp.
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/10/14/sc...ng-hunter-pvp/- season 10
    educate yourself
    Last edited by Illana; 2012-10-14 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess you want to provide the link to season 11 which almost lasted twice as long as season 10?

Thug Cleave was probably one of the best comps in the game during that time. Nobody also likes to mention how good Hunters were in the Tournament Realm when everything was scaled to season 9.