Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I don't believe the Sha are anything Old-God related; simply the manifestations of the Last Emperor's negative emotions thanks to the mask given to him by the Monkey King around 10,000 years ago or so.

Edit: Misread. Where is the evidence for an Old God death upon Pandaria though?
    <name>, your deeds have earned you the trust of the Klaxxi.
    You are to be rewarded. Walk with me.
    We mantid are an elder race. The pandaren you associate with, they are but children. They have their role to play.
    Each cycle, our young swarm their walls. The pandaren slay the weak. The strong return.
    With each generation, we grow ever stronger.
    Before your history began, our empire was vast. We shared this world with our sister kingdoms, Ahn'Qiraj and Azjol-Nerub.
    Our gods were many and powerful. We mantid worshiped the Seven Heads of Y'Shaarj.
    Great was the Old One, and terrible was his wrath. He consumed hope and begat despair. He inhaled courage and breathed fear.
    When the Usurpers came, the ones you call Titans, Y'Shaarj was destroyed.
    His last terrible breath has haunted this land ever since, but the shadows he left behind are mere whispers of his former glory.
    I tell you know because you have earned this warning.
    Your gods are not YOUR gods, outsider.
    If the Old Ones ever return, we mantid will once again stand by their side.
    The wisest among you will do the same.
    That is all that needs to be said. Come, take your reward, and remember what you have learned today.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Y'Shaarj

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Naga -
    Overcoming Lore issues - There were probably a LOT of Kaldorei Resistance that were dragged under the sea with the Highborne and could have been mutated too.
    Overcoming Phyical issues (legs, boots, mounts) - I guess have a less mutated version of them for playable (not quite as different as Draenie ended up from broken though) that have legs and a tail for swimming and a running wild eqiovalent.
    Yeah, I thought that would be a good concept for a player race of naga - some of them break away from the Old Gods and partially revert to a more elfin form, gaining legs back. Maybe they can retain some kind of racial aquatic form to transform back into full naga while underwater.

You'd wind up with a kind of wiry, agile, graceful race that's got a lot of monstery attributes - fins, scales, fangs, fish and serpent features, etc.

They'd fit in with either Alliance or Horde.

Deleted
    Woooo, some Sylvannas and BE love, how cool is that !

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 02:30 AM ----------

Going through the posts, I noticed this;

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I can't believe you're defending necromancy.
    You don't even seem to have a basic grasp on right and wrong, there is nothing left to discuss.
    How is it different than what death knights are already doing ? They also are raising the dead.

Sure, it isn't the prettiest thing in the world, but what warlocks are doing isn't very nice either and still, they're accepted by both factions. The only difference with Sylvannas, is that she is using those dark magics to protect her people. Hell, I'd be happy to see an entire legion of undead creatures fighting by my side in a war, because dead soldiers are the best soldiers you could ever wish for. They never stop
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2012-10-12 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post

How is it different than what death knights are already doing ? They also are raising the dead.

Sure, it isn't the prettiest thing in the world, but what warlocks are doing isn't very nice either and still, they're accepted by both factions. The only difference with Sylvannas, is that she is using those dark magics to protect her people. Hell, I'd be happy to see an entire legion of undead creatures fighting by my side in a war, because dead soldiers are the best soldiers you could ever wish for. They never stop
    Death knights are guilty of the same crimes the forsaken committed, but that doesn't change that necromancy in the wow universe twists the very souls of those who are resurrected it might even leave them in contant pain, prime example Sylvanas, before she became a banshee she was going to "heaven" but now after what undead did to her she is about to join Arthas in the void. Most Forsaken and Death Knights will go there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Death knights are guilty of the same crimes the forsaken committed, but that doesn't change that necromancy in the wow universe twists the very souls of those who are resurrected it might even leave them in contant pain, prime example Sylvanas, before she became a banshee she was going to "heaven" but now after what undead did to her she is about to join Arthas in the void. Most Forsaken and Death Knights will go there as well.
    Thats why they should work on ways to become... preserved for eternity. Mainly by leaving behind what remains of their physical shells.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats why they should work on ways to become... preserved.
    Spirit Stones are quite nice, though the only remotely comparable thing in the wow universe is a Phylactery, meaning every last of them would have to ascend to Lich status.