Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    (: I know that feeling. 3.8GHz 1.216vCore, 4.0 GHz and beyond 1.39vCore.

However, I would personally get a new case if I were you, in the mATX formfactor. Like an Arc Midi, Silverstone TJ08E or similiar.
    Or a 2560x1440 monitor.
    If you don't intend to run dual graphics cards or plenty-plenty expansion cards, mATX is such a fun environment to build in, and keep around.
    My next pc will be an mITX computer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    My next pc will be an mITX computer.
    Perhaps for me as well, especially if the trend continues with energy-efficient GPUs. It depends a bit on what kind of performance you can squeeze into the form factor (and to an extent how much you can run off a 150W picoPSU).

My attempts at sleeving continues:

I dunno, but you can fit pretty much any current dual slot GPU in a bitfenix prodigy or silverstone FT03.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I dunno, but you can fit pretty much any current dual slot GPU in a bitfenix prodigy or silverstone FT03.
    Both are too big. I want it to be smaller. Way smaller. With a raiser card you could essentially fit a (single-slot) GTX 670 in a Streacom F1C with a bit of modification. Not saying that's the route I intend to go, but the thought of having an enclosure around 25 x 25 x 15 house a high-end (or relatively high-end) gaming build is intriguing. Today it will barely fit, but in two years or so... maybe.

Perhaps with liberal use of 90°/U-turn piping one could water-cool the gpu in a small enclosure, perhaps with an external radiator? Would eliminate the need for bulky graphics card coolers.

I agree that the prodigy is big. I also think that, and have thought since i first heard of HTPC that it's an interesting concept and thought what else can be done.
    Do i think you can make a full scale gaming rig the way we think of them today? I don't. At least not that i would want. I still want non gpu expansion slots.
    Can i see one be used, by me, for light to middle gaming? Yes. And i still think apus are the future. So that can work out well for me.
    I would still want a big screen, but i would not mind, say, the mentioned streacom, single ssd and networked storage. Or a bigger one with potentially a full gpu, but not as exciting, and kind of defeats the purpose and becomes an awkward middle ground between mATX and mITX.

For me, that is..
    Any mistakes i made above,i blame on my phone; I'm not an experienced phone typist..

Holy shitballs, this almost makes me want a new piece of hardware....almost: http://promotions.newegg.com/Intel/1...c=SNC-Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Both are too big. I want it to be smaller. Way smaller. With a raiser card you could essentially fit a (single-slot) GTX 670 in a Streacom F1C with a bit of modification. Not saying that's the route I intend to go, but the thought of having an enclosure around 25 x 25 x 15 house a high-end (or relatively high-end) gaming build is intriguing. Today it will barely fit, but in two years or so... maybe.
    ...What powersupply does it use anyway? I was going to remark that it has an internal powersupply, but komplett.no claims otherwise, and I cannot find any generally useful information.

Toying around with RAMdisks...

... if only we could install Windows onto something with those numbers Right now I just have Minecraft (both the exe and the appdata) installed onto it, and it actually works quite nicely... I don't get any random chunk load delays when running around the map like I did occasionally after they changed single player to work as a server internally. Now to think of other things to try putting on it
    Last edited by Adappy; 2012-10-12 at 11:22 AM.

Malthanis linked me to this imgur album, pretty sweet build, although I'm not sure I'd like sitting on the floor to game. :P

http://imgur.com/a/2m0EV

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Malthanis linked me to this imgur album, pretty sweet build, although I'm not sure I'd like sitting on the floor to game. :P

http://imgur.com/a/2m0EV
    Seen that one on reddit aswell, the fan placement is kinda weird imo... Right next to your keyboard.

It's an intake fan, though. Meaning it won't exhaust hot air over your hands. Which, considering that it's below freezing outside, would be cosy.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    GPU's are shrinking even as they get more powerful. My old 6870 is larger then my 7850 and the latter is more powerful and has more memory, both run dual fans too. Of course, that is as much the manufacturer's design of the PCB and cooler, but most 6870's were longer overall then the 7850's. I would assume that as we improve PCB design and shrinking the GPU die while getting smaller manufacturing processes in regards to transistors and whatnot, you might some day see cards as powerful as a 7970 at half their current size. It's all a matter of how much they can fit on a PCB, however I'd be curious to see whether AMD or Nvidia attempts to revamp the process and make smaller PCB's while providing ever improving performance.

Edit: On the topic of GPU's, has anyone ever used this cooler for a GPU? http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16835186067

15+ Year Old Account
    Old news perhaps but I just noticed; Yay!

Now I'll just have to wait that the retailers pick up on it.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2012-10-13 at 02:57 PM.

Been out a while, yes. But windows. Eugh. So tacky And makes it harder to run non-watercooled multi GPU solutions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Windows is the best thing that's happened to cases. :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Windows is the best thing that's happened to cases. :P
    Seconded

And multi-GPU setups haven't *required* extra side ventilation for some time now (480 SLI was the last), just a decent front or bottom intake is enough.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    And the fractal design's solution is sleek! In my opinion anyway..