Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I dunno, dude. I dig me some crackers like you would not believe.

With that bit of levity out of the way, I honestly don't mind how long leveling's taking (I'm working on my rogue in short stints between leveling a monk). Pandaria quests are story-heavy and, especially in Valley of the Four Winds, going around with Chen and Li Li was a nice break from 'Doom and Gloom, Gloom and Doom! Oh, also, your faction leaders are idiots.'

As to where they could relax it, maybe allow that rep buff to stack based on how many alts you get to Revered, making the game cumulatively more alt-friendly, and making alternative paths to dailies for rep grinding (like, say, a tough questline that offers rep and rewards you with an item that, while carried, gives you the usual rep gains in dungeons for that faction)?
    This leveling process is way too slow and linear for me to want to do it again. I'm not 'adventuring', I'm walking down a hallway lined with Blizzard's idea of fun tied to a few ball and chains titled 'cooking', 'reputation', 'gear', 'no heirlooms', and 'no flying'. I extremely dislike it when it comes to my alts.

I highly doubt they'd get rid of rep tabards just to bring back a new form of rep tabards. This is Blizzard we're talking about so I'm not 100% sure but that would be kind of stupid.

Can someone explain to me HOW what someone else thinks of a game deters you from playing it if you enjoy it?

And can the OP explain to me why he isn't listening and posted this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it could be the worst expansion in the history of expacs, but i hardly think this is the correct patch to claim "the verdict is in, MoP blows". in my opinion at least, and i think most people share it, the final patch is what truly decides an expansion.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    lol, "expert critics"

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Can someone explain to me HOW what someone else thinks of a game deters you from playing it if you enjoy it?

And can the OP explain to me why he isn't listening and posted this thread.
    Do I have to explain why people review movies?
    Do I have to explain why people review restaurants?
    How about why people review music? or books? or any other type of entertainment?
    Do you really believe there is nothing of value that people can share with others when talking about things?

Not everything in a "review" is opinionated. There is plenty of factual information to be gathered, even IF it is riddled with an opinionated author telling you how "he thinks it is".

Deleted
    Yeah, dude, I totally love franchises that parody the shit out of American culture and portray it as nothing but a land of stereotypes. Did you know that's what got me into Ghost in the Shell, the way they portrayed the American Empire, and it wasn't the series and story itself?

The reason they picked Pandaria was because it's a scenic, peaceful backdrop to put the faction war into striking relief once the ships hit the shores and we start tearing the place up. Anything beyond that is just people shouting out unsupported misinformation because they don't like the flavor of the launch content's story (which is fine. But don't pretend it's something it's not).
    Ah, overexaggerating something to suit your point. Of course.
    Basing your 12 millions subs giant colossal mmo ENTIRELY on a single theme is not called parody. It's called marketing. Also, parodies? The npcs dialogues seem written by the Chinese tourism association. What are you on about.
    Listen, we're all playing mop, and you can think whatever you want. But EVERYTHING, from critters, to mobs, to plants and trees, landscapes, npcs, architecture, stories is HEAVILY based on Chinese folklore.
    Style wise I find it LESS interesting than other expansions. Wotlk was beautiful to look at. Tbc? Style wise a masterpiece it still amazes me when I fly around the place.
    Cataclysm....
    Yeh Cataclysm was shite.

Also... American Empire?! Since when?

Youre a trolling douchebag. Go back to rift!

15+ Year Old Account
    "we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot. "

Bwhahaha! What more needs to be said?

Review of MoP: More of the same with more alongside the main game.
    So if you enjoyed WoW until now, you will enjoy MoP too.

Borderlands 2 is the same in that regard, it's more of the same with some extra's.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    "we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot. "

Bwhahaha! What more needs to be said?
    Obviously nothing since you were so articulate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Ah, overexaggerating something to suit your point. Of course.
    This is generally where the pot and kettle have a one-word conversation.
    Basing your 12 millions subs giant colossal mmo ENTIRELY on a single theme is not called parody. It's called marketing. Also, parodies? The npcs dialogues seem written by the Chinese tourism association. What are you on about.
    The theme in this instance is the oft-requested Alliance-Horde war. And yes, parodies... or did you not meet Jaomin Ro on the Wandering Isle, Chen Stormstout and Li Li in Valley, Mudmug in Valley, the Tillers in their entirety, the Hozen, the jinyu, the virmen, Sully, the draenei SI:7 agent, the grummles...
    Listen, we're all playing mop, and you can think whatever you want. But EVERYTHING, from critters, to mobs, to plants and trees, landscapes, npcs, architecture, stories is HEAVILY based on Chinese folklore.
    As opposed to Northrend, where much of the architecture and the entirety of vrykul lore were based off of Norse mythology?
    Style wise I find it LESS interesting than other expansions. Wotlk was beautiful to look at. Tbc? Style wise a masterpiece it still amazes me when I fly around the place.
    And here we find the meat of your problem with MoP. That's a legit problem. Trying to disguise you not liking the style as imaginary pandering to a player base by using stereotypes and parodies is where I take umbrage.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The thing that surprises me is no one has called out the fact the different metrics were averaged to together to come up with the score. One uses a 100 point metric the other a 10 point metric, so if you add (80+87)/2=83.3. there is no way you can fairly average scores that use different metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Yeah, because those places are really known for their accuracy, fairness, and integrity. /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a shirtless night elf as your avatar your argument is invalid.

Oh of course, MoP is a failure and everyone hates it it may aswell close up shop and shut down... right?
    Just because people who no longer play the game or people who think the game has changed too much don't like it and give it bad reviews, doesn't mean its bad. Right now my only issue is that 90% of the end content is dailies and/or gated behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying very hard to figure out a justification for this being a complaint without said justification being outright racism or jingoism. Trying, but failing. It comes off as you being simply prejudiced against China for racial or cultural reasons.

And don't refer to China's current communist regime; MoP isn't about that at all. It's about China's mythology and history. Which wasn't communist at all, so don't try and McCarthy your way out of it.

Deleted
    Please do not even compare.
    Stylewise mop is the equivalent of bending over, taking Down Your pants and shouting WELCOME IN!! to the Chinese market.
    You clearly know very little of what an asian mmo is like if you are comparing MoP to that.

Deleted
    This is generally where the pot and kettle have a one-word conversation.
    The theme in this instance is the oft-requested Alliance-Horde war. And yes, parodies... or did you not meet Jaomin Ro on the Wandering Isle, Chen Stormstout and Li Li in Valley, Mudmug in Valley, the Tillers in their entirety, the Hozen, the jinyu, the virmen, Sully, the draenei SI:7 agent, the grummles...
    As opposed to Northrend, where much of the architecture and the entirety of vrykul lore were based off of Norse mythology?
    And here we find the meat of your problem with MoP. That's a legit problem. Trying to disguise you not liking the style as imaginary pandering to a player base by using stereotypes and parodies is where I take umbrage.
    There is parodies and parodies. The nuclear us of the 50's and 60's in fallout was a parody/critic. This is a parody/touristic adv.
    Man, I'm talking style wise, this discussion you approached is based only on the way mop looks (as stated clearly in the post you replied to). I agree on the alliance/horde war, it's great. Lore wise.
    Style wise the theme is not influenced, rather completely based off Chinese folklore. Nothing wrong just it makes it less interesting.
    Yes, as opposed to northrend where SOME of the architecture and SOME of the vrykul lore is based on Viking culture. I'm glad you see the point.
    Yeh that's my problem with the way mop LOOKS. I made it quite clear.
    It's a good marketing move but you're open to criticism.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 07:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm trying very hard to figure out a justification for this being a complaint without said justification being outright racism or jingoism. Trying, but failing. It comes off as you being simply prejudiced against China for racial or cultural reasons.

And don't refer to China's current communist regime; MoP isn't about that at all. It's about China's mythology and history. Which wasn't communist at all, so don't try and McCarthy your way out of it.
    You took it out of context. We're disussing style. You are NOT free to insult people as you please. Shame on you.
    I will be kind enough and ignore your post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    it could be the worst expansion in the history of expacs, but i hardly think this is the correct patch to claim "the verdict is in, MoP blows". in my opinion at least, and i think most people share it, the final patch is what truly decides an expansion.
    Unfortunately you have to pay FULL PRICE for the expansion right now, NOT at the end of the expac. So reviews right now are justified and really important.