Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like the game, then don't play it. End of story. Move on and stop talking shit about a game you don't like, all over forums about said game.

The majority of the reviews on that website don't even explain why they didn't like it. They're just 0 and "lol stay away from this failing game." The OP for one of them even said that he only played it for 1 day. I'm sure that's the vast majority of the reviewers for the expansion.

"It's all well and good to call the low rating givers trolls but the reality is most of us are people who sunk a decent amount of hours in to WoW from the beginning and are sick of the rubbish Blizzard is now flogging us. I was bored of this game within the first few hours and feel like a sucker for buying this after they already ripped me off with Diablo 3. Delete this game from existence a release WoW2 revamp starting from Vanilla days. I think that would be 100x better than kiddycore pandaland. If 70% of people rate this game badly you can't just call them all trolls and ignore them...…"

^ pretty much all of the reviews are like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yes, as opposed to northrend where SOME of the architecture and SOME of the vrykul lore is based on Viking culture.
    There is more then just the vrykuls based upon norse lore in northrend, a lot more.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay is substantially better.

The new things to do at 90 are amazing.

The game has flow again.

It's at least on par with Wrath.

But what's dragged it down for me is the writing of Kosak and Metzen. The fact that they see MoP as Warcraft 4 is glaringly obvious.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    You took it out of context. We're disussing style. You are NOT free to insult people as you please. Shame on you.
    I will be kind enough and ignore your post.
    And yet, earlier;
    Stylewise mop is the equivalent of bending over, taking Down Your pants and shouting WELCOME IN!! to the Chinese market.
    So no, you're talking about Blizzard supposedly "caving" to marketing pressures to make their product more appealing to a Chinese market, and then acting as if that is somehow a "bad thing". So again, racism or jingoism is what I can come up with.

If it were just that you don't like the style, then you'd be acknowledging that it's not to your personal taste. That's not what you're doing. You've got an agenda you're pushing, and I'm pointing it out.

I'm not calling you names. I'm asking for you to explain how these statements AREN'T inherently racist or jingoist. You're stating things as if they were objective fact rather than subjective personal opinion. That it being "too Chinese" is somehow a negative, objectively speaking. That's where I can't see any supportive argument that doesn't boil down to prejudice.

I'm open to you proving they aren't, but refusing to answer doesn't help your case.

Such a silly notion to think reviewers will declare how good or bad an expansion is. The players decide this.

You want facts? Here you go.

1. There is more end-game content available to players of all skill levels in Mists of Pandaria than any previous expansion.

2. With the release of Mists of Pandaria, World of Warcraft's subscriptions went above 10 million once again.

3. Mists of Pandaria is scheduled to have a new system of patches that function similarly to how Burning Crusade's patches were released. While I won't go into the details here, you can expect every other patch (5.1, 5.3, so on) to introduce more content available to everybody, rather than just raid content and maybe associated dailies or dungeons. 5.1, specifically, focuses on more content for soloing or small groups, furthers the legendary quest line, and highlights the Alliance versus Horde conflict with new dailies.
    TL;DR - More end-game content available to everybody than has historically ever been patched in - patches usually focused on the raid scene.

4. Many long awaited features that players have consistently asked for have finally arrived. Included in these are the renaming of companion pets, a neutral (pick-your-faction) race, the ability to dismount players for world PvP (although this feature COULD be more readily available, seeing as it's a drop from a rare), the ability to interact with players from other realms, and more that I haven't mentioned.

5. Mists of Pandaria has succeeded at bringing players back out into the game world on a far better scale than Cataclysm or Wrath of the Lich King ever did.

Personally, I feel Mists of Pandaria has better end-game content than Cataclysm and Wrath of the Lich King (as a whole - Ulduar is still pretty much Blizzard's shining gem). To be honest, it's quite possible that it has better content than Burning Crusade, but it's too early to tell.

Deleted
    Im having a grea time playing MoP. I started my experience with little expectations and in truth i wasnt really into the Asian theme and some of the new features. Its actually funny but im spending most of my time playing the pet battles .
    I see the game had a bad review at Metacritic so i guess ill have to stop playing MoP .. too bad i was having so much fun.

( post meant to be ironic )

Deleted
    Way fucking better than Cataclysm at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    If you don't like the game, then don't play it. End of story. Move on and stop talking shit about a game you don't like, all over forums about said game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And yet, earlier;

So no, you're talking about Blizzard supposedly "caving" to marketing pressures to make their product more appealing to a Chinese market, and then acting as if that is somehow a "bad thing". So again, racism or jingoism is what I can come up with.

If it were just that you don't like the style, then you'd be acknowledging that it's not to your personal taste. That's not what you're doing. You've got an agenda you're pushing, and I'm pointing it out.

I'm not calling you names. I'm asking for you to explain how these statements AREN'T inherently racist or jingoist. You're stating things as if they were objective fact rather than subjective personal opinion. That it being "too Chinese" is somehow a negative, objectively speaking. That's where I can't see any supportive argument that doesn't boil down to prejudice.

I'm open to you proving they aren't, but refusing to answer doesn't help your case.
    Read my posts again and you'll find all you're looking for.
    I was discussing style with a gentleman before you stormed in ignoring what we were talking about.
    Not once I said gathering to the Chinese market is bad.
    You, sir, are COMPLETELY wrong and I suggest, if you have a tiny bit of dignity, to apologise for the horrible things you accused me of and leave the discussion the two of us are having.

Why do people present others' opinions as facts?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Since when IGN are respected people?

Deleted
    Read my posts again and you'll find all you're looking for.
    I was discussing style with a gentleman before you stormed in ignoring what we were talking about.
    Not once I said gathering to the Chinese market is bad.
    You, sir, are COMPLETELY wrong and I suggest, if you have a tiny bit of dignity, to apologise for the horrible things you accused me of and leave the discussion the two of us are having.
    You did not say it out loud but the way you where expressing yourself kinda hints at it. About Mop catering the chinese market you know little about what Asians want in a mmo as well. If it truly catered to Asia there would be at least 10 times more grind in the game, Not to mention the Asians are on a different subscription model then EU/US.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Hahah, oh man good one OP! nearly had my soda come out my nose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    There is more then just the vrykuls based upon norse lore in northrend, a lot more.
    You would agree with me that not all of northrend is based on Norse lore

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 07:31 PM ----------

You did not say it out loud but the way you where expressing yourself kinda hints at it. About Mop catering the chinese market you know little about what Asians want in a mmo as well. If it truly catered to Asia there would be at least 10 times more grind in the game, Not to mention the Asians are on a different subscription model then EU/US.
    Yeh before heavy accusations are thrown is wise to make sure the target really means what YOU think he means.

Deleted
    You would agree with me that not all of northrend is based on Norse lore
    Neither is all of pandaria based on Asia.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's personally my favourite since TBC and even at that I haven't been as addicted to a game in ages. Thankfully that is slowly dying off, hard to believe only 2.5wks have passed. Let's just hope it keeps going good

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't expect good reviews for MMO's from places where they take about, a day or two to review the damn thing? Probably have not hit level 90, probably have no intention, probably don't run dungeons or raids or anything like that, just doing quest and that's about it. I am not defending the game nor the critics. But I will respect the game in that it did try to add more things to do at max level. Instead of the same ol grind for badges in PvE or PvP, granted the new things will get old after awhile, as they always do, and we'll go back to farming and stuff. I think it's a better expansion than cata, but then again, the expansion just came out, we've got some major patches to go through before we can judge the entire expansion. Since Cata was amazing before 4.1. After promises were broken or not lived up to, things started to go downhill pretty baddly, especially nerfing heroic dungeons that were just perfect in difficulty.

Deleted
    What do I care what critics think.

Deleted
    Neither is all of pandaria based on Asia.
    The vast majority is.
    Not that is bad mind you.
    But (going back to what all this started off) style wise I just find it less interesting than lets say northrend.

The vast majority is.
    Not that is bad mind you.
    But (going back to what all this started off) style wise I just find it less interesting than lets say northrend.
    It's just that you don't like Asia theme. Pandaria is just much visually better than NR imo. I don't like Norse theme of WotLK too.