Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    . Stop blaming men, stop blaming individuals, and blame people for caring. Blame her friends for caring if she wants to play LoL or WoW instead of what society views she should b doing. Blame dick guys that think people who play games are nerds, douches, weirdo's, or basement dwellers. Blame YOUR own very social paradigms for the need to place blame on men. You are the problem.
    ...Blame anyone but the people making rape jokes, asking to see pictures of tits as soon as they know someone is a woman or any of the other myriad bullshit things that happen; because that might mean I have to admit that I and wrong and should change.

Look, there's no doubt that there are other factors to do with social conformity that affect women's participation in gaming, but you have to engage in some serious denial to think that the everyday hostility they experience has no effect. Lol is a particularly glaring example at 90% male (wow is 60% male, for comparison). Wow players and lol players live in the same culture, why the discrepancy?

Deleted
    Well, I was going to write a big wall of text to Counselwolf, but this is going very OT already.

So let's just discuss some LoL.

So, has everyone heard of this yet? http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...ability_works/

When I read this I was amazed that TF was like this all the time. I would have never found this out by myself because my graphs, when playing, are always on low, but this discovery is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring the topic about rape on account of it being exceedingly daft to debate on a forum filled with the same age group just positioned as the main offending party. Illogical arguments abound ("only girls get raped right?" certainly qualifies as such).

The outcome is always going to be the same, people on either side get annoyed and possibly reported for flaming.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I can't play ranged AD role, I don't know if I'm worse than ever in that role or enemy just get better, but I suck horribly at that role, it seems I need to be carried heavily to play AD carry (pun intended)
    I really lost hope in that role, I give my team a big disadvantage if I got stuck in that role, any guide how to improve my already very low skill as ranged AD? With any ranged champ (got them all except MF and Jayce)
    First of, pick the following two:
    Corki & Ezreal

Not because they are exceedingly strong (they are), but because they can get away if they fuck up. For similar reasons, Tristana is a decent candidate to pick, even if she's not the strongest AD carry. They are exceptionally safe.

Next step: Make 100 custom games with no one in there but you. Go mid lane. Aim for 100 last hits by the 12 minutes mark. Then by the 10 minutes mark. If you can keep this up, add a custom bot (Cassiopeia is a great one) and do the same again while trying to avoid killing her.

Reason being: you want to have the last hitting so automated you can ignore thinking about it, letting you focus on the opponents.

Positioning and engaging is something you'll only learn in PvP matches, so then go into normals and see how that goes. Also means you won't get banned out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Ignoring the topic about rape on account of it being exceedingly daft to debate on a forum filled with the same age group just positioned as the main offending party. Illogical arguments abound ("only girls get raped right?" certainly qualifies as such).

The outcome is always going to be the same, people on either side get annoyed and possibly reported for flaming.
    Given that it's exactly the demographic that needs to learn that these behaviours are not socially acceptable, it's neither wasted nor misguided.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Positioning and engaging is something you'll only learn in PvP matches, so then go into normals and see how that goes. Also means you won't get banned out.
    I think Dominion is great for it. It's fast enough for you to try various enemies, tactics and teammates, without really having to feel bad when you screw things, because the mode does not allow people to snowball that much. I'm aware that many right now ignore dominion as something bad. But your abilities work pretty much the same there, and it involves a lot of teamfighting, so why not learn something from it first?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    I think Dominion is great for it. It's fast enough for you to try various enemies, tactics and teammates, without really having to feel bad when you screw things, because the mode does not allow people to snowball that much. I'm aware that many right now ignore dominion as something bad. But your abilities work pretty much the same there, and it involves a lot of teamfighting, so why not learn something from it first?
    Dominion is great for training both yourself and also to learn how to play a certain champion, but unfortunately, there aren't many teamfights of 5 people, there's usually of 4, but I think it still doesn't compare to fights of 5, but it's still a good map to learn a lot of things, building a champion, trying builds, and pretty much anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Counselwolf View Post
    I suspect you're a lost cause, but let me boil it down for the others reading along.

The internet is not some magical land where your behaviour is consequence free. If you make people unwelcome in your community, whether by racism, sexism or any other form of unpleasant behaviour, this has consequences. Continually bringing up rape is one of those things that definitely contributes to the 'no girls welcome' miasma that hangs over the lol community. Now you may be ok with that, but I'm not, and I'll continue to advocate changing it. Gaming is a great hobby and I'd like more people to be able to enjoy it without dreading interacting with the community.

The 'if you don't like it leave' canard is just bullying, you wouldn't accept it for racist behaviour (I hope) why should people accept it for sexism? It's the people who are sexists who have the problem and should change.
    Actually, I'd say you're the sexist here, not Oblivion.

You say women shouldn't hear men say "rape" -- Your imply the sexes aren't equal, and that is, in my opinion, the worst kind of sexists. You try to "protect" the women because you think they're some fragile creatures who cannot fend for themselves. Treat women as equals, and invite them to your trashtalk parties. Hell, I have quite a bit of female gamerfriends who more than enjoys the casual trashtalk on Skype whenever they rape me in-game. Yes, I got raped by a girl.

The problem is not guys using words such as rape. It's people being uptight as fuck and need to chill the hell out, and stop being offended by every. single. curse word. It's absolutely pathetic (imo).

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Well, I was going to write a big wall of text to Counselwolf, but this is going very OT already.

So let's just discuss some LoL.

So, has everyone heard of this yet? http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...ability_works/

When I read this I was amazed that TF was like this all the time. I would have never found this out by myself because my graphs, when playing, are always on low, but this discovery is amazing.
    I didn't know this, sounds amazing. I need to test this!
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2012-10-13 at 03:13 PM.

I feel a shaco jungle night coming up. Just... For the rage. that is all. Countering(and generally getting 1st blood) at their red... It's amazingly fun. Wahahaha, LOOK BEHIND YOU

Deleted
    About the TF, if the timer is indeed 0,513 seconds, I think it's possible to do what they said in Reddit, with low graphics, but I'm in no mood to test it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the topic of playing a ranged ad, the holy trinity (graves ez and corki) are always good to start with. As for doing a hundred custom games to figure out how to last hit, that's just silly. There is always going to he someone trying to harass you in lane, so it doesn't teach you much. I would just do it on normals or whatever you feel comfortable learning it in.

Dominion and ARAM are good for figuring out how to fight on a champion, but they don't really have the same team fights that SR does. Dominion is a little closer since you can actually do som positioning, but ARAM is full 5v5 team fights. They aren't the same, but they are good practice.

Deleted
    Proving Grounds usually is good as Domi to train, but it can be better because there's more teamfights in there. The only problem is that you receive almost no IP for playing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    As for doing a hundred custom games to figure out how to last hit, that's just silly. There is always going to he someone trying to harass you in lane, so it doesn't teach you much. I would just do it on normals or whatever you feel comfortable learning it in.
    I agree with this, bot games are more likely to teach you bad habits as good ones. As long as you're not plainly trolling nobody can really complain if you're learning a champion on normals.

Deleted
    Proving Grounds usually is good as Domi to train, but it can be better because there's more teamfights in there. The only problem is that you receive almost no IP for playing it.
    Nope PG is not as good. For the most of time it's a pokefest so you don't get much of it. Especially since most people play it with completely random.
    I don't remember much of PG games where somebody did not get some kind of strong poker to just wear other people down safely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Nope PG is not as good. For the most of time it's a pokefest so you don't get much of it. Especially since most people play it with completely random.
    I don't remember much of PG games where somebody did not get some kind of strong poker to just wear other people down safely.
    I know PG is focused more on poke compositions, but to be honest, the only fights in Domi are also only of 1v1, 2v2 sometimes 3v3 and rarely 4v4, 5v5 are like 1 in 50 games if more...

And in PG, around 15mins to 20 mins, you usually have a lot of 3v3-5v5 teamfights, some are based on poke but some aren't, that's why I still think it's better in PG, but both Domi and PG are good for teamfights, I think.

Deleted
    So question. Champ select starts, I pick Panth within half a milisecond. Smite and flash. 20 seconds later our VAYNE says she'll jungle. At which point I say something at the likes of "I thought picking Panth and smite was a good indicator I'm jungling". For some non apparent reason she starts raging and instalocks jungle Shen and asks everyone to report me for not communicating with the team.

Long story short, I trolled him for like 4 minutes, went bot with Morgana against a Blitz and AD Alistar, we carried the game massively. But still.

Wasn't it obvious I was going to jungle my Pantheon? I had the champ picked very first, I had the smite from start, hell I even told him I would be jungling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So question. Champ select starts, I pick Panth within half a milisecond. Smite and flash. 20 seconds later our VAYNE says she'll jungle. At which point I say something at the likes of "I thought picking Panth and smite was a good indicator I'm jungling". For some non apparent reason she starts raging and instalocks jungle Shen and asks everyone to report me for not communicating with the team.

Long story short, I trolled him for like 4 minutes, went bot with Morgana against a Blitz and AD Alistar, we carried the game massively. But still.

Wasn't it obvious I was going to jungle my Pantheon? I had the champ picked very first, I had the smite from start, hell I even told him I would be jungling.
    Some people are just retarded. I had games like that that it was obvious who the jungler was then person A raged about it because the person B, didn't type anything about it, resulting in games that one of them ends up trolling or one just leaves.

I hate people like that.

To be honest, I don't care if they troll or not, as long as they play decently and don't ruin the game by playing like shit, intentionally.

Deleted
    Some people are just retarded. I had games like that that it was obvious who the jungler was then person A raged about it because the person B, didn't type anything about it, resulting in games that one of them ends up trolling or one just leaves.
    My number one reason for queue dodging (as a third party, I always try to pick for the team in champ select), if the arguments and fights start in champ select, chances are pretty high your team is going to play terribly together, you're going to lose, and it's not going to be a fun game while you lose.

Deleted
    My number one reason for queue dodging (as a third party, I always try to pick for the team in champ select), if the arguments and fights start in champ select, chances are pretty high your team is going to play terribly together, you're going to lose, and it's not going to be a fun game while you lose.
    I don't usually leave the Champion Select, if I do it's because we are missing a role or I know for sure that someone will troll so we will loose the game, other than that, I never leave.

Deleted
    I don't usually leave the Champion Select, if I do it's because we are missing a role or I know for sure that someone will troll so we will loose the game, other than that, I never leave.
    The queue dodge penalty in normals is so low that it's almost always worth it if you can be even reasonably sure that your team is going to be unpleasant. 5-10 minutes of browsing random shit on the web is better than 40 minutes of listening to AP jungle olaf complain about tank support malzahar's build.

Deleted
    The queue dodge penalty in normals is so low that it's almost always worth it if you can be even reasonably sure that your team is going to be unpleasant. 5-10 minutes of browsing random shit on the web is better than 40 minutes of listening to AP jungle olaf complain about tank support malzahar's build.
    I rarely have any games like those, haven't had one for over 2 weeks now. :3