Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Does anyone think that this game has really poor pacing?
    I mean I'm no pokemon expert, I don't breed, or ev train, or care that much about natures etc.. but i've played every gen and i almost got crushed by the first gym leader, simply because the gym seemed to come to quickly and my pokemon were low levels. Same with the second gym, by the time i was able to battle the gym leader my pokemon were only level 11 (gym leader is about lvl 18). It just seems like the gyms are coming too quickly.

WHat do you think?

Always like that. Honestly, first 1-2 badges are the hardest. I had to try 4 times, and I know what Im doing I hope :P

By the end it come down to sending out my 3rd pokemon (A Patrat that I named after HM's, since I always pick up HM slaves early) out inn battle, do a potion on my main pokemon, let patrat die, then send the now little more healthiere guy out again, and win by that with like 7 HP.

And then its a breeze afterwards cause of Audino, witch you proboaly forgot about Blaqk. Run at grass lines, and kill Audinos. Best way to level pokemons until like level 70?

Edit; Gotta say Genesect is hillarious good so far. Way OP having Steel/bug typing early on, cause of all the normal attacks, grass and shit that cant do anything vs Steel typing. That coupled with silly OP moves for lowbie makes Victini look like shit at same levels. Just keep it away from any fire, since its 2-3 shotted even by lowbies.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-10-13 at 04:17 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I wish they would have unlocked the challenge mode without beating E4. That would have fixed your issue in challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Astralos View Post
    I wish they would have unlocked the challenge mode without beating E4. That would have fixed your issue in challenge
    Oh, so it comes after E4, very nice Trough I wondor if its just levels only, cause that dosen't help making the game much harder really. More just a time-sink, since one just haft to level more. If they get more envolved pokemons with actual good moves that be cool. Cause like, the worst trainer I renember from B/W was a guy inn a cave, before the last city leading to Victory road. Like he has Gyrados etc, really just horrible 5 or so pokemons around level 60. Want more off that.

Edit: Also kinda digg the Medals thing, while it seems abit odd, I can understand why its there.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-10-13 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Always like that. Honestly, first 1-2 badges are the hardest. I had to try 4 times, and I know what Im doing I hope :P

By the end it come down to sending out my 3rd pokemon (A Patrat that I named after HM's, since I always pick up HM slaves early) out inn battle, do a potion on my main pokemon, let patrat die, then send the now little more healthiere guy out again, and win by that with like 7 HP.

And then its a breeze afterwards cause of Audino, witch you proboaly forgot about Blaqk. Run at grass lines, and kill Audinos. Best way to level pokemons until like level 70?

Edit; Gotta say Genesect is hillarious good so far. Way OP having Steel/bug typing early on, cause of all the normal attacks, grass and shit that cant do anything vs Steel typing. That coupled with silly OP moves for lowbie makes Victini look like shit at same levels. Just keep it away from any fire, since its 2-3 shotted even by lowbies.
    I have yet to encounter an audino. They come out of rustling grass right? Haven't seen any rustling grass yet.

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    I have yet to encounter an audino. They come out of rustling grass right? Haven't seen any rustling grass yet.
    Since I'm lazy; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sjZkSG086E

Just run next to grass patches, take time for it to pop maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I'm no pokemon expert, I don't breed, or ev train, or care that much about natures etc.. but i've played every gen and i almost got crushed by the first gym leader, simply because the gym seemed to come to quickly and my pokemon were low levels. Same with the second gym, by the time i was able to battle the gym leader my pokemon were only level 11 (gym leader is about lvl 18). It just seems like the gyms are coming too quickly.

WHat do you think?
    I feel like that's every pokemon game though. If you just fight trainers and wild pokemon you encounter through regular traveling, then you will end up underleveled by the 5th or 6th gym. Gen 4 had the worst pacing though.

WHat do you think?
    There are certain areas where there is a trainer who keeps resetting, I've been grinding XP off of them to even out my team's levels before facing gym leaders. Also, does it seem like you get a lot of free Pokemon or is it just me?

WHat do you think?
    Not really. Skelington has done most of the game so far with underleveled pokemon. Going through Victory Road now and everything is 48-50 while all enemy trainers are 55. This game feels like it has the most "challenge" so far, excluding poor game design in previous generations(G1).
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Also, does it seem like you get a lot of free Pokemon or is it just me?
    Is there anything else besides Zorua?

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    As far as I know Eevee comes as a gift, from Castelia City somewhere, according to bulba. Else I dont know about any other than thoes 2 atm.

And guys, stop worrying about bad XP jump's and get out and kill thoes Audinos really

Deerling .

Challenge modes don't just come with higher levels but the gym leaders and some trainers have additional pokemon with them.
    Also, you can get also happiny and shiny dratini/gible (depending on your games version)and magikarp as gift from people.

Deleted
    Not really. Skelington has done most of the game so far with underleveled pokemon. Going through Victory Road now and everything is 48-50 while all enemy trainers are 55. This game feels like it has the most "challenge" so far, excluding poor game design in previous generations(G1).

You should try it on challenge mode (unless you already are). It's even better :> I've been playing challenge mode right from the start and I have to say it's been the best pokemon game experience up to now. I've been playing relatively slowly with 8 hours played ~ and have just been on Skyla's plane and trying to go for my 7th badge.

Also, there's Zorua, Deerling (with Serene Grace), an Eevee, a magikarp and a shiny gible/dratini depending on your version (gible for black, dratini for white).

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 07:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Meh, I don't use legendaries, especially when they have base stats of 600 or more. It makes the game too easy, even when on challenge mode.
    Last edited by mmoc2fdc1312bd; 2012-10-14 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    You should try it on challenge mode (unless you already are). It's even better :> I've been playing challenge mode right from the start and I have to say it's been the best pokemon game experience up to now. I've been playing relatively slowly with 8 hours played ~ and have just been on Skyla's plane and trying to go for my 7th badge.
    Yea, probably going to give it a shot soon after fulling exploring the endgame. Didn't know about challenge mode at the start and the game said it was unlocked after beating the pokemon league. Haven't done it yet, but is the challenge mode unlocking at the beginning related to memory linking?

Deleted
    Yea, probably going to give it a shot soon after fulling exploring the endgame. Didn't know about challenge mode at the start and the game said it was unlocked after beating the pokemon league. Haven't done it yet, but is the challenge mode unlocking at the beginning related to memory linking?
    Nah, I have a friend who bought the japanese game and unlocked challenge mode for me right from the start.

Deleted
    While waiting for my game to arrive, I bought 3DS XL and Pokémon Dream Radar for it. The DR (Dream Radar) is actually pretty fun, you shoot some clouds which drop orbs, which you use to upgrade your Dream Radar. It can also be used to find items and catch some other pokemon too other than the therian forme legendaries and they will have their Dream World ability with them.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dream_Radar
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-10-14 at 09:58 AM.

Sounds good about Challenge modes

Have anyone found a TM/HM list for BW2 yet? I tried google abit but no luck. Best I can go with is like http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Castelia_Sewers and then explore the hole sewer (It was pretty big once you got surf ;o) until I get the items listed.

Two questions: When does the game allow for trading/migration from Black/White 1 to Black/White 2? And are held items allowed to be traded?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornadofang View Post
    Two questions: When does the game allow for trading/migration from Black/White 1 to Black/White 2? And are held items allowed to be traded?
    Quit early, like first badge I think. I could be complete wrong trough, and its first after you complete the game at the speciel lab. But I belive that place is still for backwards trading like Soulsilver. And you can trade items yes.

Anywho, was looking around for more pokemons. I noticed that we can get Salamence it seems http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hidden_Grotto

Its likely not gonna be easy to get it, but if you wanna go for it, try get it as a female so you can breed it with a male Axew (Haxorus) that knows Dragon Dance (Witch I belive Haxorus learns trough tutor or by lvling up...cant recall), cause you really want Salamence with that move, since it dosen't learn other power up moves I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    How do I activate this Challenge Mode thing?

OT: Currently running Dewott + Genesect. Genesect is a bit OP though, so trying to replace it.
    You need someone who has beaten the champion on B/W2. Once they did, they get a key that they can use to unlock challenge mode for you.

When replacing Genesect, think of the gyms ahead of you, as they are - as opposed to previous games - surprisingly hard(er), even on normal.