Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Alchemy a money maker or no? Got 60 spirits and dont know what to use em for.

So, I've got like 60 spirits and I have nothing to really use em on. I've been getting golden lotus and selling em, but they've droped from the 350g each to like 200g each. Not sure if that's really worth it no more. My other profession is Engineering btw. And I've gotten to the point where I'm sick of doing all these dailies, yet it was netting me about 1k worth of gold doing every single one of them not counting motes/spirits. Found a better place to farm for those so that's not even why I'd be doing dailies no more.

So, can you make money with Alchemy as a flask master or what? I'm on Stormrage btw.

Well there is always going to be a call for flask. Remember that. But if you want to use the spirits get a crafting prof. or get JC and try and get as many gem patterns and control the gem market?
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be controlling any market. I have like 2k lol. I'm basically just looking for a way to keep enough money to be raiding for myself. Enchants, gems, etc. I'll get my other toon to 90 sooner or later, but with the long ass grind it wont be anytime soon. My other toon is my BS and JC though.

Nothing to use spirits on as alch....are you crazy!

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=130326

Probably the best use of harmony for any profession.

Deleted
    one question i was gunna ask is as i have max alchemy is , is there no epic ilvl alchemist stone ? i know i have the 450 one and it feels like it should be a higher ilvl than it is.

It is better than what its ilvl indicates....the proc on it is amazing.

Deleted
    As alchemy you can either use the Spirits on Living Steel or on trading 1 spirit for 3x Golden Lotus.

Both are appealing to me!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What can you get for living steel with spirits o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post

Actually this now gives probably the WORST return from spirits. Ghost bars are ~13g on most servers so a Living steel bar from beginning to end costs roughly 780. So using 3 spirits saves you half that or 390g therefore the money value is 130g for each spirit. Thats rediculously low. Youre much better off just buying lotuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post

Riddle of Steel, Conan the Barbarian reference awesome.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Riddle of steel is a waste of spirits. If the price of 1 living steel minus the cost of 3 trillium is less than the price of 9 golden lotus, its a terrible deal. The trade goods vendor in shrine will give you 3 golden lotus per spirit. Just ah that and youll get plenty of cash.

take the 180 golden lotus. Sell them. Make about 36000 gold. This will increase your wealth level by a factor of 20(!) without doing that much. You can look at the flask market and might get a better return on that (with a little investment in the other herbs). If you are into making flasks, elixir mastery will give you a 15% higher output, so you might want to take that into account.

Deleted
    Golden lotus make flasks abd sell them now

10+ Year Old Account
    No cauldrons so flasks are selling for 300 each right now, I get 9 spirits a week from my farm I can make 18 flasks at 300g is 5400 g a week right now, even if they drop to 200-250 it's still easy money. Throw in random drops of motes can make up to 8k a week.

Any spare herbs I send to my inscribed, it's good to have an alt with inscription.

What's wrong with 200g each for a lotus? That's decent. 200g might not sound like much, but that would add up very quickly.

Deleted
    I use them to keep my main supplied with Flasks (elixir master). I use the rest to make living steel and flasks for the AH. Not counting the money I saved from making my own flasks, I've made about 10k gold out of it (and I'm not actually grinding for it, just gathering stuff while doing dailies).

Though if you want a good place to invest Spirits in I'd level Inscription. Darkmoon cards are a great investment this early in the expac. Managed to cap the profession and make two before the Faire ended.. Sold a Two of Serpents for 9k and the other I gave to a guildie for his deck.

Deleted
    Just produce your daily living steel and use whatever spirits you have to get golden lotus and sell those. Leveling other stuff is pretty expensive and since inscription season is officially over (dmf ended) it's pointless to switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwing1232 View Post
    Actually this now gives probably the WORST return from spirits. Ghost bars are ~13g on most servers so a Living steel bar from beginning to end costs roughly 780. So using 3 spirits saves you half that or 390g therefore the money value is 130g for each spirit. Thats rediculously low. Youre much better off just buying lotuses.
    Yeah, except normal xmute is once per day. Riddle of Steel isn't limited like that, you can make as many as you have the mats for all at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    May just stick with selling the lotus. Though I have 9 up and they're not selling at all right now. 220g each and they've been up almost 20 hours and no buys =/.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yeah, except normal xmute is once per day. Riddle of Steel isn't limited like that, you can make as many as you have the mats for all at once.
    Just because you make it more often doesn't increase your profit...
    You are just wasting even more Spirits which you could have earned more money with otherwise