Thread: Void Shift

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Void Shift

Void Shift can now only work on other players.
    The point of this spell from now on is ...? Explain me, please. ( trolling other players doesn't count as useful )

Deleted
    Point is saving other ppl asses with your own health , ultimate sacrifice etc. (but mostly tanks )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksiadz View Post
    Point is saving other ppl asses with your own health, ultimate sacrifice etc. (but mostly tanks )
    ^ Pretty much this.

Deleted
    I fail to see how that is useful in any pvp or even pve scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almosthuman View Post
    I fail to see how that is useful in any pvp or even pve scenario.
    Really? You can't see how swapping your full health with someone with low health is useful in PvE or even PvP? Open your eyes, it's a very useful CD to have, especially in raids if a healer/tank is about to go down.

Deleted
    Really? You can't see how swapping your full health with someone with low health is useful in PvE or even PvP? Open your eyes, it's a very useful CD to have, especially in raids if a healer/tank is about to go down.
    Do you even play as a priest or you're just a fag doing theorycrafting? Sacrificing yourself is a bad mechanic.

Using that spell in pvp usually equals with a death in a couple of seconds at most.
    Using that spell in pve is extremely risky, not rewarding and has a very low chance to actually be needed/useful in raid fights.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-10-14 at 02:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you even play as a priest or you're just a fag doing theorycrafting? Sacrificing yourself is a bad mechanic.

Using that spell in pvp usually equals with a death in a couple of seconds at most.
    Using that spell in pve is extremely risky, not rewarding and has a very low chance to actually be needed/useful in raid fights.
    Lol.. Okay buddy.

Deleted

Really? REALLY? So a fight where the tank takes loads of damage and the raid almost none is not a good way to use it? Priest at 100% health and tank just have taken som massive damage and is on about 10-15%. Start thinking man.

I use it quite a bit in 5 mans. I like it. Basically my own personal LOH for any tank. Standing off in the back I'm usually not taking much damage at all. You could also use it to bring two people up to 25% if you're both about to die. If I see a tank almost dead and just a tiny little incoming heal I'll just pop b/c I'd rather not wipe. How someone can't see the use in this I'm not sure.

Also find it funny you started posting just to complain about this, along with throwing out fag b/c you can't comprehend its usefulness.

10+ Year Old Account

you swap with a healer and los shield and a couple of flashes, if used wisely in pvp it won't result in deaths except on occassion, but healer dying means a lost match(in arena's at least) and RBG's swapping health with the FC sounds amazing, heavy burst healers can't keep up at 10 stacks of debuff and boom tanks' at full health again, sure it might only save a couple of seconds, but those seconds also mean the other FC is getting burst down at the same time.

AMAZING pvp utility.

though, the pve utility doesn't quiet seem there to me.
    usually if someone is so close to dying that a healer couldn't bring them up, or taking damage just that fast,
    usually means they are standing in something nasty.
    might result in the death of both of you, no los in boss encounters, though dispersion might save you still
    for pve life grip is more viable than a health swap imo(though if at the end of a fight when healers are almost oom, popping on tank might be amazing.)
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

I Macro'd Void Shift and Desperate Prayer together, so there is little risk.

Deleted
    Considering your job as a healer is to stay at the back and near a pillar, it isn't too hard to pop your head out, void shift your dying teammate, hide behind the pillar and freecast yourself back up. That's as a healer anyway.

Deleted
    That's as a healer anyway.
    I don't want to argue with you on that point, but the spell is still broken even as a healer. For SP is next to useless in pvp.

you swap with a healer and los shield and a couple of flashes, if used wisely in pvp it won't result in deaths except on occassion, but healer dying means a lost match(in arena's at least) and RBG's swapping health with the FC sounds amazing, heavy burst healers can't keep up at 10 stacks of debuff and boom tanks' at full health again, sure it might only save a couple of seconds, but those seconds also mean the other FC is getting burst down at the same time.

AMAZING pvp utility.
    It's okeish at most. An amazing spell is lay of hands, for example.

My main problem with void shift ( healing/shadow ) is that its a conceptual failure. I can't think of any other similar spell that has such punishment for the caster.

I like to use it to abuse mechanics.
    DK Tank gets hit by super hard hitting move
    Drops to 1% with Purgatory
    Void Shift
    Gains 400K+ Health
    GG get loots

Deleted
    I used Voidshift several times in arenas, bgs and in raids.
    In pvp it forces a switch to you which takes some time, you can also do it from los, heal yourself and/or take a cd (DP, Dispersion, Healthstone)
    In pve you can sacrifice yourself for someone more important.

Its a great spell after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I Macro'd Void Shift and Desperate Prayer together, so there is little risk.
    I tried this with a simple
    /cast Void Shift
    /cast Desperate Prayer
    macro but it did DP first, could you show me your macro?(didnt spend to much time on it :P)

at the state now it can be used as instant 100% heal - cd is ok
    after nerf - cd is way to long. max 2min cd

Deleted
    If you thought it was intended for stealing pet life to bring you back to full health you were delusional. It's intended to swap health bars and use at own risk, if you can't see any use for it i'm gonna go ahead and say you're bad. It's still usable in arena, afaik loh isn't.

Here's a few examples of how you can use it:
    You're getting focused down by enemies, you steal health from a teammate, instant full health, the minimum is still 25% (so they still have to do almost 100k dmg to kill him). And they can't really instantly switch to him unless you tell them you're using it ahead of time.
    Your teammate is dropping low, you void shift and heal yourself right after. Again same advantage of knowing the "future". If you're doing it right you will be humping a pillar and can simply LoS so switching is impossible.

Oh and a shadowpriest with a mini-loh is insane, don't kid yourself!

Use that your advantage!

You can still use it on random people in battlegrounds. For example:
    • 3 melees attack you
    • you dip low
    • HELLO THERE MR. RANDOM SHAMAN FROM MY TEAM GIMME YOUR HP
    • those 3 melees automatically swap for him 'cause they all want the killing blow
    • you are full hp and free to run away. double win.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    /cast Void Shift
    /cast Desperate Prayer
    macro but it did DP first, could you show me your macro?(didnt spend to much time on it :P)
    Sure thing. The problem with this macro is you didn't specify a target to Void Shift. The correct text would be:

#showtooltip Void Shift
    /cast [@mouseover] Void Shift
    /cast Desperate Prayer
    /use Dreadful Gladiator's Emblem of Meditation (or a healthstone, perhaps. Or both)

It may be possible to ONLY use Desperate Prayer if Void Shift's cooldown=zero, but I don't know how to write it or even for sure if it can be done.

Deleted
    I can't think of any other similar spell that has such punishment for the caster.
    The good old Divine Intervention, back in the days... So much fun, so many deaths :-D