Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It seems we don't have a thread for this yet and it was released in USA yesterday, so I made one.

I picked it up today and I'll open it a little later. I got White 2. If anyone has any advice for which starter will help me the most, please let me know. (I usually just save right before I have to choose and see if I can get a female. If I can't...I just pick one I like.)
    What's the difference between original B/W and version 2? Is it just another blatant cash-grab from Nintendo like FireRed/LeafGreen tended to be?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What's the difference between original B/W and version 2? Is it just another blatant cash-grab from Nintendo like FireRed/LeafGreen tended to be?
    It's a sequel.

Re-used zones, with no new pokemons addet (Just pokemons that werent inn B/W kinda + Ofcourse old B/W). Most zones are changed (Like city's being made nearly 100% new but with the B/W theme to em), and new pathing is done. Basicly no huge changes, not like a new Generation, then again every time I hear people talk about SS/HG versions its like they praise it for being the best pokemon game ever, why I saw it just as a medium fun play trough
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It's a sequel.
    That doesn't really signify for Pokemon games because every single game has had the exact same plot - collect pokemon, beat gym leaders, beat the elite four, beat your champion rival. Different areas and different sets of pokemon, but the same basic game.

Likewise, FireRed and LeafGreen were the first two pokemon games, but with a fresh coat of paint, some small balance changes, and a slightly expanded roster; so unless you REALLY wanted those Dark or Steel type pokemon, you could just fire up Red or Blue and get a pretty similar experience.

Not that I can begrudge Nintendo for discovering how to continue making a lot of money off of what's basically a 10+ year old game.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I can begrudge Nintendo for discovering how to continue making a lot of money off of what's basically a 10+ year old game.
    The Pokemon franchise saved the Game Boy console, and Nintendo, from bombing out back in the day - and it's almost a modern miracle as to the endurance of the franchise in general. Nintendo would be complete idiots to stop milking the cash-cow until it finally manages to run dry.

What's the difference between original B/W and version 2?
    Story takes place.. 2 years after the events in the original B/W (I think.) I also recall reading someplace that there's a gym in the game where all the old trainers from previous games are available to be battled (like Lt. Surge, Misty, Brock, etc etc). Not entirely sure if that's true, but then again I don't own the game either.

#FlightIsImportant

That doesn't really signify for Pokemon games because every single game has had the exact same plot - collect pokemon, beat gym leaders, beat the elite four, beat your champion rival. Different areas and different sets of pokemon, but the same basic game.

Likewise, FireRed and LeafGreen were the first two pokemon games, but with a fresh coat of paint, some small balance changes, and a slightly expanded roster; so unless you REALLY wanted those Dark or Steel type pokemon, you could just fire up Red or Blue and get a pretty similar experience.
    Er.. except it continues the story from B/W, so yes, it is a sequel. B/W also had a pretty decent story.. so yeah.

This is my team so far

I'm also trying to use pokemon that I generally don't use.
    I'm gonna get rid of Purrloin and Genesect and I think I'll pick up a roggenrola and a good water pokemon for lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    This is my team so far

I'm also trying to use pokemon that I generally don't use.
    I'm gonna get rid of Purrloin and Genesect and I think I'll pick up a roggenrola and a good water pokemon for lolz.
    Dont bother pick up Roggenrola. Gigalith its 3rd evoultion requires trade, and even when its traded its nothing good if you ask me :P Its like one of the slowest pokemons ever (I love fast pokemons in-game just a thing I got ;P), trough if you want a pokemon that is hard hitting and can take alot of physical damage its OK. Its just its typing is only rock, witch leaves it abit open.

Sadly there are no really good water pokemons except starter kind. Well the monkey one and Swanna, the bird one are maybe okay, but Id defiantly rather wait to I can get Varporeon or Jellicent, there's 2 great bulky water types that can also work as respectable damage if you dont like a wall

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Dont bother pick up Roggenrola. Gigalith its 3rd evoultion requires trade, and even when its traded its nothing good if you ask me :P Its like one of the slowest pokemons ever (I love fast pokemons in-game just a thing I got ;P), trough if you want a pokemon that is hard hitting and can take alot of physical damage its OK. Its just its typing is only rock, witch leaves it abit open.

Sadly there are no really good water pokemons except starter kind. Well the monkey one and Swanna, the bird one are maybe okay, but Id defiantly rather wait to I can get Varporeon or Jellicent, there's 2 great bulky water types that can also work as respectable damage if you dont like a wall
    Thanks for the advice.
    I might try and grab a frillish or I may try and trade over my Dewott from White version.
    I didn't really care for roggenrola, but as mentioned I'm trying to use pokemon i dont usually use. I typically stick to a fire, water, grass, electric, psychic line up and I tend to neglect rock, fighting, steel pokemon etc.. That's why I picked up a Riolu. I'm not too concerned about having an elite team (Im a poke-casual lol) but is there anyone else you'd suggest I throw into that line up?

10+ Year Old Account
    my biggest hate with pokemon is having 6 pokemon and keeping them all the same or slightly higher level than the next opponents is just a giant pain especially with the whole EV's and all that crap... i used to just go with a fire , water , grass , flying for the fly HM , and an HM whore but since the last game i played was platinum which had a lack of fire types (and for a change i decided to start with a grass type) and such it was a nightmare trying to get through it especially the league and champion which just owned me non stop. i eventually finished it and restarted and got a bunch of good EV pokemon like adamant blablabla but after the 4th gym i just got bored and havnt played since

New and improved team!

I can't seem to find a fire stone, also, I didn't want this stupid flying saucer thing, was grinding levels in Chargestone cave and it happened, I didn't really realize this thing even existed. :<

New and improved team!

I can't seem to find a fire stone, also, I didn't want this stupid flying saucer thing, was grinding levels in Chargestone cave and it happened, I didn't really realize this thing even existed. :<
    Dude Magnezone is awesome. I'd say it's one of the best electric pokemon in the game.

And there is a fire stone hidden in the desert resort.
    Last edited by blaqkmagick; 2012-10-14 at 07:02 PM.

Gonna replace Magmar with Carracosta probably. Or Omastar since the fossil guy gave him that one too. Magmortar is shit.

Haven't finished the game yet, but this will probably be my team by the end of it. They're not all fully evolved yet.

Not sure if I'll keep Sawsbuck aroud or not. He seems better than I expected, but I might replace him if I find a better grass or electric type later.

How come no one has mentioned Darmanitan? Belly drum-> maxed damage, punch and one sot more or less everything. Considered cheesy?

New and improved team!

I always just go with Magneton. I don't care if Magnezone is a lot better, it's quite possibly one of the ugliest Pokémon ever, and it ruined a Pokémon which I used to have as a must-have in my teams. I still use Magneton today as a way of rebelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post

Gonna replace Magmar with Carracosta probably. Or Omastar since the fossil guy gave him that one too. Magmortar is shit.
    Magmortar is in no way shit. He can learn both Psychic and Thunderbolt from TMs, which makes him good for surprising and ignore weaknesses, seeing that most Pokémon that are weak against Psychic haven't got anything on a Fire type. He is not as good as Electivire, but still better than Omastar and Carracosta, where both will be one-hit by a single Vine Whip (though I'm fairly certain that Carracosta can have Sturdy as his ability).
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-10-14 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I always just go with Magneton. I don't care if Magnezone is a lot better, it's quite possibly one of the ugliest Pokémon ever, and it ruined a Pokémon which I used to have as a must-have in my teams. I still use Magneton today as a way of rebelling.
    Yeah, I just dropped it for Skarmory. :<

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Magmortar is in no way shit. He can learn both Psychic and Thunderbolt from TMs, which makes him good for surprising and ignore weaknesses, seeing that most Pokémon that are weak against Psychic haven't got anything on a Fire type. He is not as good as Electivire, but still better than Omastar and Carracosta, where both will be one-hit by a single Vine Whip (though I'm fairly certain that Carracosta can have Sturdy as his ability).
    Yea, but he's really ugly and evolving him is a hassle. Ancient turtles and ammonites are much cooler. Would've gone with a Growlithe if he ever found one in that area, but grinding there for an hour only ever got him magbys. Besides, surf is a necessity for all the non-ocean areas Skelington is exploring.

And he just found out you can get Horseas from fishing. Always wanted to use a Kingdra. But that'd be soooo many dragon types. ;_;
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-10-14 at 08:58 PM.

Im fairly liking my Flygon so far, to a point where its now my 1# guy. Just pick one up after Reversal mountain, and kill a 20 audino's with doubble XP item on and win (Even got one with +atk -def nature first catch) Starting to get very bored by Lucario trough, early on it was OK, but as many fightning type pokemons, it dosent learn alot of moves.

Now I'm aiming to get Heracross, what it lacks inn fun lvling moves, it makes up for in raw insane STAB moves. So far I find there is abit of a lack of interesting pokemons, then again maybe its cause I tried almost any other B/W kinds, and know that they aint worth it late game, fuss skip em now:P

I tough about getting Magneton aswell, since Ampharos is really shit (Well it was maybe cool in Silver gen2 etc) now days. I love lightning pokemons, its just that they are quit rare. Only lightning pokemon that are pretty cool from B/W are the spider from Chargestone cave, mostly cause of its interesting typing + Abblity that makes Thunder 90% accurate or what it was.

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 09:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    And he just found out you can get Horseas from fishing. Always wanted to use a Kingdra. But that'd be soooo many dragon types. ;_;
    Kingdra is really cool aswell =) Its typing is absolutely amasing, one of the best one. Belive it's only got 1 kind that it dosent resist.

And about level 50 I think it learns Dragon Dance, and its sniper abblity is beast in-game (If you dont wanna use Weather effects, if so Swift Swim is best), really solid pokemon, only downside is its not so high attack stats, but with 1 dragon dance its ready to sweep Dosent even need any breeding.

...Now I wondor where Draco meter is learned inn B/W2:>

Deleted
    Amg, where do you find those gifs ? Looks pretty cool.

OT: Currently my team is: Archeops, Arcanine, Scizor, Electivire, Lucario, Espeon.

I'm on the 4th of the E4 (playing challenge mode and trying to beat the pokemon league without using any potions or revives whatsoever, for the lulz). I stopped there for now and will probably continue tomorrow.

Draco Meteor is learned from Drayden in Opelucid City btw.

Also, Skellington, get a Focus Sash for your Haxorus and see everything melt underneath you after one Dragon Dance. (I'm not sure you can get Focus Sash without doing Battle Subway and/or PWT though).

And what ? Lucario doesn't learn a lot of moves ? Mine currently has Aura Sphere (ofc), Flash Cannon, Dragon Pulse and Earthquake. I'd say that's quite a good variety.
    Last edited by mmoc2fdc1312bd; 2012-10-14 at 09:52 PM.