Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What would the title of the orcs leader be if he was not warchief?

sylvanas for chief!

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    What would the title of the orcs leader be if he was not warchief?
    Orc Warchief
    and the horde warchief can be Warchief of the Horde

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Orc Warchief
    and the horde warchief can be Warchief of the Horde
    That doesn't exactly sound right to be honest lol

Quote Originally Posted by bklutz View Post
    as much as i love vol'jin...he's troll...and having him be warcchief would make orcs not have a racial leader.
    Should a non-Orc lead the Horde, the Orcs would of course have their own racial leader and one of the characters would use a new title to avoid confusion.

Most likely the leader of the Horde would retain the title of Warchief, while the new Orc leader would be called something like "Lord of the Clans" or "High Chieftain".
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    That doesn't exactly sound right to be honest lol
    Before the Horde that we have now, when the Orcs hadn't grouped up with the rest, each time they headed out to war they'd give one Orc the title Warchief. Maybe it doesn't sound right to you, but it fits.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Vol'jin may not do much in the game, but he is probably the best faction leader in the game. He is one of the best if not the best tacticians on Azeroth, is a pretty damn powerful shadow hunter, and is loved by his people. Pretty much every major military operation done by the Horde has been by Vol'jin. He orchestrated the battle for Undercity, for example. That is why he was sitting outside for no reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    I still don't think so. Baine would be a much better Warchief.

- Vol'jin has done basically nothing. He won't stand up to Garrosh anymore for fear of his people, but Baine is willing to stand up (Tauren are farther away from Org than the Darkspear, though).

- Vol'jin doesn't have the right qualities to lead. Baine has learned much in his time from being High Chieftain.

- Baine is/was friends with Jaina, and is friends with Anduin. Vol'jin doesn't have any friendships within the Alliance.

- Frankly, I don't even think Vol'jin would WANT to lead. He isn't the type to want power, if the time came, he'd hand the leadership over to someone who he thinks would be a better leader.

However, I have to agree, it is looking like Vol'jin could end up being Warchief. All of these the above things could change in the novel and the coming patches, but honestly, I'd much rather have Baine as Warchief.
    I think Baine is a bit too young. I mean he just got to be the leader of the Taurens.

To summarize: it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.
    Also on Varok's age, he must be about 98 years old. Tough I am not sure where this is in orc age.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but Rexxar will be Warchief
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I think Baine is a bit too young. I mean he just got to be the leader of the Taurens.

Also on Varok's age, he must be about 98 years old. Tough I am not sure where this is in orc age.
    orc age the same as humans.

Only difference is orcs reach maturity a lot quicker, but they both are classed as 'vulnerable' at the age of 80

http://www.wowwiki.com/Life_spans

Ironically, trolls age quicker then orcs and humans, which is odd given they have a regenerative quality.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    orc age the same as humans.

Only difference is orcs reach maturity a lot quicker, but they both are classed as 'vulnerable' at the age of 80

http://www.wowwiki.com/Life_spans

Ironically, trolls age quicker then orcs and humans, which is odd given they have a regenerative quality.
    Personally, I would think the Orcs see that being older would be honorable because it would show them that they are great warriors.

And in WoW some humans live for a really long time....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Maybe, maybe not, can we just wait and let the story unfold in its own time rather than rush to the end before it's even released?

Quote Originally Posted by Ananaias View Post
    Calling it now.
    I don't think you can "call" something that people have been "calling" at least as far back as the announcement that Garrosh would be dethroned.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    By that logic (aside from having a book), Lor'themar Theron is a valid candidate for Warchief as well. In fact, Lor'themar's the one that gets told that he'd make a fine Warchief. Obviously that was a hint.

Obviously.
    Silvermoon City will be the new capital for the next expansion (calling it now). Lor'themar will be Warchief, and the Blood Elves will reign supreme.

Calling it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    By that logic (aside from having a book), Lor'themar Theron is a valid candidate for Warchief as well. In fact, Lor'themar's the one that gets told that he'd make a fine Warchief. Obviously that was a hint.

Obviously.
    this will never happen, not in a million years. even blizz makes fun of the belfs, this will never happen.

OT:I'd like Baine over vol'jin, but whatever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

And then it turns out Vol'jin is worse than whatever the guy that's in right now. Korkron or w/e his name is. So then it's all ironic andd stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ananaias View Post
    Calling it now.
    People have been calling this for about a year now... you're not the first. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    And then it turns out Vol'jin is worse than whatever the guy that's in right now. Korkron or w/e his name is. So then it's all ironic andd stuff
    Kor'kron isn't a person, it's the elite force of the Horde. Mostly serving as bodyguards to the Warchief. The name of the current Warchief is Garrosh Hellscream.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Vol'jin being blood thirsty as Garrosh? Haha that's a nice joke right there.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Vol'jin being blood thirsty as Garrosh? Haha that's a nice joke right there.
    I've got a feeling that some people would have said the same thing about Garrosh durring Burning Crusade.

If you went back in time and told the players of TBC that, next expansion, Garrosh would turn into a blustering angry warmongering barbarian just like his father and become the new Warchief - everybody would say "What? That stupid crybaby? Haha that's a nice joke right there."

NEVER underestimate the power of piss-poor Blizzard lore-writing. ^_^

EDIT: The ONLY thing that could actually keep Vol'jin from becoming a warmonger is Blizzard (hopefully) learning what a horrible bad decision it was to make Garrosh like that in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'll remind you again, and throw a spanner in the works of your oh so brilliant idea.

The orcs are the highest population of fighters in the horde. If the orcs are not being lead by an orc leader, you actually think they will follow a none orc ruler?

And if Vol'jin did, who then would be the orcs racial leader after Garrosh is gone?

No ideas aye? Yea, thought as much.
    New orc racial leader does not automatically become warcheif.