Angry pc over heating not sure what to do

this just started 2 days ago, if i play i high end game like bf3, moh. the pc will shut down. took me a day to find out it was due to over heating, i haven't done any updates to the os or the bois. on speed fan temperatures are around 62-80c. and core is stuck around 60-68c, it has only once done that due to a wire stopping the fan on the graphics card before playing any game it never went higher then 64c, i check the pc while running all fans are working and nothing is touching them.

im out of ideas

Quote Originally Posted by tacosarecool View Post
    this just started 2 days ago, if i play i high end game like bf3, moh. the pc will shut down. took me a day to find out it was due to over heating, i haven't done any updates to the os or the bois. on speed fan temperatures are around 62-80c. and core is stuck around 60-68c, it has only once done that due to a wire stopping the fan on the graphics card before playing any game it never went higher then 64c, i check the pc while running all fans are working and nothing is touching them.

im out of ideas
    Need pc specs, because your temps are 100% in line for a working CPU and GPU to seemingly be unaffected 80c is hot but not performance degrading hot.

Deleted
    Have you tried leaving the case opened?

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Need pc specs, because your temps are 100% in line for a working CPU and GPU to seemingly be unaffected 80c is hot but not performance degrading hot.
    Most of all we need to know if his CPU is Intel or AMD. 62c is around throttle, and 65 is thermal shutdown for AMD Phenom II's if I remember correctly. I can't comment on the newer ones as I have not owned one yet.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    check the bios and set the shutdown point to 85-celsius, on your own risk tho

open the box, use vacuum-cleaner for it etc. one thing is that your GPU might be overheating and just blanks out or does the computer too shut down
    so you can hear nothing?

Deleted
    My comp tends to shut down at around 70 degrees and the GPU fan will only be running at about 50%, I have to use EVGA to set the fan to increase speed based on temperature, reaching 100% at around 66 degrees to be safe. The highest I went was 68 degrees at 100% but it was a very hot day, beyond increasing van speed/ventilation I'd just have to lower my settings.

i'd check your cpu fan. mighta got jostled a little or something. i'd probably apply a new coat of paste as well.

on top of that, might be time to do some 'spring' cleaning. get an air bottle and start blowing all that dust and linen outta your case.

got amd phenom 9850 quad core, im on vista 64 bit, FX HD-685X-ZNFC Radeon HD 6850 1GB its never above 60 unless im playing bf3 i play on high settings but it just started to do this 2 days ago i check all the fans they are working fine and i cleaned them, i had the case open for the pass few hours , when it cuts off then is no noise,idle is around 45-50 but its 55-64 with me doing nothing how do i change the speed on my gpu fan
    /

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 02:46 PM ----------

i change my power setting from high performance to balance and increase my fan speed to 60 and it fell from 63c to 46-51c quick, but i still think its some thing else

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 03:22 PM ----------

well i just loading bf3 put everything on medium settings ant it al most hit 100c got to 95c and i closed it i have no idea what it is

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 04:24 PM ----------

found the problem open my case to clean, and my cpu fan was off , no idea how but the 3 brackets that are on the motherhood the connects the fan to it are gone on the left side and the right side only one is on there, and the paste stuff that the cpu and the fan connects with is almost gone guess i just need a new cooling fan? i think it a stock cooler[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 06:04 PM ----------

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...ps078d2934.jpg

have no idea how long its been like that
    the rectangle the on the motherboard the where the cooler connects broke off on the other side, its just hanging there now, do i have to replace the motherboard?
    Last edited by tacosarecool; 2012-10-15 at 06:05 PM.
    ''i'm not drunk, i'm Scottish''