Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    What sunfyre said is completely correct. I tried all crit, but haste (to a point 5300 or so) is the answer. But you'll need mostly epic gear to get there im afraid, give it a couple of weeks and you'll have room for some to crit reforges, until then go haste.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

The math shows one side of the story. It doesn't give the full picture when in a raid environment. And you seem to have missed my point.

Quote Originally Posted by zaiid View Post
    Take a look at the top tier boomkins out there, their not even near the haste breakpoint. Don't follow guides blindly because it tells you to.
    Ive gotten an 11 and two 20s this week for 25m ranks using a haste gearing method and I had gotten 0 raid drops at that point to do so, using pvp gear and crafted items. Mightve been higher on Elegon if holy hell that last phase didnt lag so hard. Granted those arent #1s but still at the very least respectable Id say. Anyways point is using haste can work.

IMO your better of with crit until you get the gear to achieve the haste breakpoint. Its early on and no one has reached the intended potential.

Deleted
    Got a #1 yesterday on our first stone guards hc kill with a full crit reforge while still doing the necessary (putting tiles down / breaking chains+traps on petrifies).
    Beat first place but quite a margin 20k , one thing worth noting is i was dotting the single add aswell when i had to move and wasnt sitting in an eclipse just to get the crits , also dotted the single add during CA with Berserking racial , i pretty much spammed SS bck to bck during my cds .
    I only used cds (inc+nv+ca) after putting 2 sets of tiles down on pull and used them again at 35% w/lust.
    I find crit much more comfortable on any encounter having more then 1 target but i would consider going haste breakpoint for Feng although im gonna be going as feral since that damn swipe spam is so op for shadow adds.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8403&e=8728

if you check the armory of Paragon's boomkins you ll see they seem to care more for crit than haste breakpoint

Quote Originally Posted by zaiid View Post
    Take a look at the top tier boomkins out there, their not even near the haste breakpoint. Don't follow guides blindly because it tells you to.
    Top tier meaning just in the top guilds? Or top as in moonkin who are ranking? Moonkin who are ranking in dps is a different story, I think you'll find.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 04:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    if you check the armory of Paragon's boomkins you ll see they seem to care more for crit than haste breakpoint
    If you check World of Logs, they aren't ranking. (or are private logs)
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

I am not raiding hardcore at the moment, but from watching Lappe's videos, he doesn't proc eclipse all that often due to having to flip targets quite often to keep them dotted up.

This keeps us from proc'ing Nature's Grace which pushes us over the ACTUAL haste breakpoint. I think the point most people are missing is that the real haste breakpoint to get an extra tick off our dots is really 35%. 12.5% is the minimum raw gear level we need, but in a high movement situation and/or multiple targets like raids present, we're not going to be flipping eclipse states like we would on a patchwerk fight.

So what I am understanding is that until we can get a raw 35% on our gear or at least a minimum of 50% uptime from procs, crit is the better way to go at the moment for raid situations.

That's my take anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    Top tier meaning just in the top guilds? Or top as in moonkin who are ranking? Moonkin who are ranking in dps is a different story, I think you'll find.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 04:03 PM ----------

If you check World of Logs, they aren't ranking. (or are private logs)
    Just watch their HC kill videos, both recorded by lappe, in both he s doing very well, as you can see in his recount.

Deleted
    First off, Lappé is above the first haste breakpoint, then full crit. Just as people suggested in this thread.

Secondly, the OP has terrible reforging. Why would you reforge hit (spirit) to crit, and then crit to hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmera View Post
    Why would you reforge hit (spirit) to crit, and then crit to hit?
    To get to hit cap exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmera View Post
    First off, Lappé is above the first haste breakpoint, then full crit. Just as people suggested in this thread.

Secondly, the OP has terrible reforging. Why would you reforge hit (spirit) to crit, and then crit to hit?
    No, Lappé is not above first breakpoint. He has 3623 haste according to armory. First breakpoint is 5273. Unless you're counting that as a second breakpoint? The first is... 228...