Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    \
    Whom actually was saying that this quest chain will get as hard as having to level a jedi in swg, from Bioware/ EA or from some random poster?
    Bioware like... 5 months ago, they said that it would be a major investment or something. Will find soon.

Ugh. Realized I don't care enough to sift through the stupid blogs.

Just look through it. You'll find it.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-10-14 at 11:17 AM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Reference would be nice. However if you take the jedi in the very beginning... you could level it with crafting... if you take the jedi when the village was in, you could level with granade spamming... .

Deleted
    You do realise that HM's isn't for the "single players" out there? And there alot of people...

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yep. A very minimal quest chain with little challenge involved at all. As cool as it may be to have the droid, looks like the didn't deliver on adding a large portion of content between obtaining him.
    Huge disappointment for me, a couple heroic quests, a hard mode flashpoint and a bunch of money, not exactly the story element I was looking for.

Anyone notice that the writers have kind of taken a shit on any character associated with previous lore so far? They made that cinematic trailer as a prelude to an epic character from game past and then make it simple as all hell to acquire. The only thing that would have irritated me more would have been if they sold him in the cash shop. Disappointment after disappointment.

I'm not really sure why this is supposed to be a disappointment. If it would be too long... people would complain, if it would be to hard, people would complain... . There were several people already complaining about "leveling" another republic character to some level... .

The quest was interesting at least... please more abandoned ships full of riddles and "surprises".

I'm not really sure why this is supposed to be a disappointment. If it would be too long... people would complain, if it would be to hard, people would complain... . There were several people already complaining about "leveling" another republic character to some level... .

The quest was interesting at least... please more abandoned ships full of riddles and "surprises".
    Let them complain. It should have been less easily attained. 1 night of questing to get such an epic character is a shame. You may not think so, but many of us who played and loved KotOR find this to be a travesty.

I love Kotor and the story around Revan. However I don't find it to blame that you meet Revan at an early level and that you can beat him "easily". However there needs to be some kind of interaction with these characters and not to misunderstand each other... this is not "the" HK we know from Kotor but "one of many".

Let's not forget that the reason it was so hard to attain a Jedi in SWG was that it was a very powerful class at that time, easily outperforming a larger group of normal classes. Later when this class was tuned down also the time to get a jedi was reduced and made easier. The HK we receive has none of these characteristics, it's just another companion.

I love Kotor and the story around Revan. However I don't find it to blame that you meet Revan at an early level and that you can beat him "easily". However there needs to be some kind of interaction with these characters and not to misunderstand each other... this is not "the" HK we know from Kotor but "one of many".

Let's not forget that the reason it was so hard to attain a Jedi in SWG was that it was a very powerful class at that time, easily outperforming a larger group of normal classes. Later when this class was tuned down also the time to get a jedi was reduced and made easier. The HK we receive has none of these characteristics, it's just another companion.
    I don't care about SWG because I never played it. It means nothing to me. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't make a difference if he's "just another companion". I don't choose to look at it like that. If he was "just another companion", they wouldn't have even bothered creating a cinematic to specifically advertise that you would be able to attain one. There wouldn't have been the kind of response given by the fans. They wouldn't have bothered creating an entire questline (albeit a short questline) in order to get him. Your opinion is he's "just another companion", but the feeling from many of us is that he wasn't "just another companion".

As for Revan, yeah, it's a fucking travesty that he's a FP boss, plain and simple. WoW only ever turned one major lore character from their games into a dungeon boss and the community at large had a shit fit when it happened. No. There should have been a much more epic showdown with Revan.

During the quest... you ask for "one" HK as reward for helping, it's not "the" HK we see in several flashpoints. The companion has not all the epicness of the original HK nor its story attached to it which is why I think it's nothing to bend over it.

As for Revan.. he isn't dead so there will be more to it at a later stage of the game. I also rather have it like this than have epic characters of a universe just as a Quest NPC's. You can see Satele, however you didn't see the emperor nore most of the dark council members (several seats are free at the final stage of the Inquisitor/ Sith Warrior questline).

I know a lot of people also didn't like how Drew handled the confrontation between Revan and the Empror or just think that you have on of the characters involved as "a pet" for the Jedi. There is still a lot of potential involving epic characters, none have been killed (apart from Malgus) meaning they can be a part of the future lore (which also isn't anywhere clear).

Edit: regarding lore...

DrewKarpyshyn @omgitsdefault @SWTOR Working on my Children of Fire trilogy for the next 18 months. After that, who knows? Maybe more #SWTOR, or maybe Bane
    Last edited by Psychlon; 2012-10-15 at 07:55 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

1) They made several statements alluding to the fact that this would take time and would be a challenge.
    2) They made an awesome trailer for a future content update revolving just around this one event.
    3) They then delivered one evening worth of quests that can be completed faster the the Chevin event...and even though I liked the event, most people thought it was garbage.

I would have resubbed just to play through a week of quests and dungeons to get this companion. Who are they marketing/catering to anymore? The most loyal people that are still subscribed will mostly be a little put off by this. It just goes to show that they care very little in making this game feel epic.

There is a huge disconnect between TFB and the rest of the game at this point. Time will tell whether they lean one way or the other, or keep bouncing between total bollocks and absolute awesome. Either situation doesn't bode well for the future unless they keep producing content like TFB.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    1) They made several statements alluding to the fact that this would take time and would be a challenge.
    2) They made an awesome trailer for a future content update revolving just around this one event.
    3) They then delivered one evening worth of quests that can be completed faster the the Chevin event...and even though I liked the event, most people thought it was garbage.

I would have resubbed just to play through a week of quests and dungeons to get this companion. Who are they marketing/catering to anymore? The most loyal people that are still subscribed will mostly be a little put off by this. It just goes to show that they care very little in making this game feel epic.

There is a huge disconnect between TFB and the rest of the game at this point. Time will tell whether they lean one way or the other, or keep bouncing between total bollocks and absolute awesome. Either situation doesn't bode well for the future unless they keep producing content like TFB.
    They either really don't get it still or there are too many ppl between developers and management that can't get on the same page so they just keep pumping out out of sync content and features. We are quickly approaching the year mark and they still haven't learned that if you tell your fan base one thing over and over you really need to deliever on it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

During the quest... you ask for "one" HK as reward for helping, it's not "the" HK we see in several flashpoints. The companion has not all the epicness of the original HK nor its story attached to it which is why I think it's nothing to bend over it.
    You'll never get it, so it's pointless to even continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They either really don't get it still or there are too many ppl between developers and management that can't get on the same page so they just keep pumping out out of sync content and features. We are quickly approaching the year mark and they still haven't learned that if you tell your fan base one thing over and over you really need to deliever on it.
    It honestly makes me so angry. I totally see why HK goes on and on about space. We aren't people here to bash this game or hate on it. We are people who freaking loved this game, defended it at every turn, and wanted it to keep getting amazing. We have been let down time and time again and it's turning my dejection more bitter by the day. I can't just walk away and never talk about this again because I really wanted this to be great.

Unfortunately what you said seems about right. Promises, promises, promises have resulted in nothing, nothing, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Even if you don't have a toon on the other side, you could still level to 10 and be good enough to get it done within the evening. Yeah. Not much of an effort to acquire him.
    Yea it's a big let down on the whole needing "significant chops on both sides"...

Whom actually was saying that this quest chain will get as hard as having to level a jedi in swg, from Bioware/ EA or from some random poster?
    I don't think they said specifically that it would be as hard as leveling a jedi in swg. They said in many places they wanted to make it a significant challenge so it would feel special to have him (ie not everyone would be able to do it), and at Pax East last year when I was talking to Cory Butler about it he said that they wanted to make obtaining HK to feel really epic and special and that translates as not an easy thing to do. I am guessing that the F2P conversion might have changed their plans there or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my guildmates was able to acquire him in about 2 hours on the PTS realm. I was seriously hoping for something more challenging but like Arlee said SWTOR' future transition to FTP may have had something to do with it.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Hearing about how easy this quest is going to be is a huge bummer to me. It feels like EA has just given up at this point. What a shame. Im coming up on a years of continuous subscription and I only log in to craft augments to sell on the GTN. Everything else is kind of inaccesable due to time/commitment barriers. I was hoping this PVE stuff would be more substantial.

I'm going to have to petition for another name change.

Can't believe they went from "major time investment" to welfare companion.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Slugfest View Post
    One of my guildmates was able to acquire him in about 2 hours on the PTS realm. I was seriously hoping for something more challenging but like Arlee said SWTOR' future transition to FTP may have had something to do with it.
    2 hours really? Ugh that is a huge let down. I was hoping at the very least it would have some elements like hatching to Taun Taun egg where it would take people a few weeks to figure out or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I'm going to have to petition for another name change.

Can't believe they went from "major time investment" to welfare companion.
    The next logical step is an even better version from the cash shop. I wish anyone who worked there read this forum, but I seriously doubt they do. Has anyone read threads on the official forums regarding this unfortunate turn of events?