Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What if Anduin is starting to hate his father furing the war between Horde and Alliance. It might be possible he gets killed by Garrosh, but nothing is sure yet. What if he choose a different way and joins the Horde instead. He would be a fine Warchief. Why? His attitude is the same like Thrall. Kind and friendly, Feels nature and loves his folk.
    Would the horde accept a human as warchief? I dunno, it will be interesting if it would happen.

So, when Jaina's story came out people claimed it was going to be Baine because of the attention it got there, now its going to be Vol'jin?

The Warchief must be an Orc, Blizzard already said they want to keep Warcraft as a mainly Orc vs Humans thing.

Its going to be Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. so Thrall is stepping up to come to Vol'jin and the Darkspears aid, and even killing Kor'kron to protect the darkspears.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post

Its going to be Thrall.
    It's not. Right now there are two character that we can be sure won't be Warchief. One is Garrosh the other is Thrall.

I think that they should move toward something more similar to the Alliance system. Have each racial leader have an equal say. But if there is a vote then the main faction leader will cast the deciding vote.

So, I hope that the next Orc Warchief has more of a brain. Imagine a council of Saurfang, Baine, Vol'jin, Sylvanas, Lor'Themar, (possibly a goblin leader and Ji). They would be able to get shit done and done right.

Sylvanas has already shown that her undead have military might. I'm not sure why the Horde hasn't taken more advantage over such a fierce ally. They have single handedly taken over most of Lordaeron. The areas they don't control are controlled by neutral factions which is the Argent Dawn.

Its going to be Thrall.
    This is just as likely as any other possibility. Garrosh's reign was supposed to be temporary anyway when Blizz first installed him Orgrimmar, but then things went the way they did. This will probably only happen if he re-don's the Doomhammer Plate armor, which is currently sitting...somewhere...in Orgrimmar. Given that he helps liberate the trolls from the Kor'kron, I don't think he'll be setting foot in Orgrimmar any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I think that they should move toward something more similar to the Alliance system. Have each racial leader have an equal say. But if there is a vote then the main faction leader will cast the deciding vote.
    Actually, it appears that in the next patch, the Alliance is going to officially name Varian as the High King.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    It's not. Right now there are two character that we can be sure won't be Warchief. One is Garrosh the other is Thrall.
    Care to explain that? The VP of Creative Content, that has been having a lot of influence in Lore since the RTS games and loves Thrall told us we would get our Warchief back, and like three weeks ago he tweeted that thunder is coming.

The true horde got both messages, besides Thrall is the only one that makes sense.

So, I hope that the next Orc Warchief has more of a brain. Imagine a council of Saurfang, Baine, Vol'jin, Sylvanas, Lor'Themar, (possibly a goblin leader and Ji). They would be able to get shit done and done right.

Sylvanas has already shown that her undead have military might. I'm not sure why the Horde hasn't taken more advantage over such a fierce ally. They have single handedly taken over most of Lordaeron. The areas they don't control are controlled by neutral factions which is the Argent Dawn.
    Horde War Council is probably something Blizz will lean toward. They've already done that will the Alliance in Tides of War, or at least Varian knows to call a council when something requires the cooperation of the entire Alliance. Yes, Garrosh did that too, but hardly anyone was in much agreement with him except for Gallywix. The Warchief is in charge, yes, but that doesn't make him a dictator, or at least it shouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    By that logic (aside from having a book), Lor'themar Theron is a valid candidate for Warchief as well. In fact, Lor'themar's the one that gets told that he'd make a fine Warchief. Obviously that was a hint.

Obviously.
    I just shivered in excitement. Blood Elves running the Horde... yess!!! yessssss!!!!
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    This is just as likely as any other possibility. Garrosh's reign was supposed to be temporary anyway when Blizz first installed him Orgrimmar, but then things went the way they did. This will probably only happen if he re-don's the Doomhammer Plate armor, which is currently sitting...somewhere...in Orgrimmar. Given that he helps liberate the trolls from the Kor'kron, I don't think he'll be setting foot in Orgrimmar any time soon.
    The Doomhammer Plate armor is in Mulgore not Orgrimmar (if i recall correctly) and he wont be sitting in Orgrimmar any time soon, he will when the expansion ends after we kill Garrosh, in probably about a year and a half.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    Horde War Council is probably something Blizz will lean toward. They've already done that will the Alliance in Tides of War, or at least Varian knows to call a council when something requires the cooperation of the entire Alliance. Yes, Garrosh did that too, but hardly anyone was in much agreement with him except for Gallywix. The Warchief is in charge, yes, but that doesn't make him a dictator, or at least it shouldn't.
    Actually its the other way around, the Alliance will go to the Horde system, naming Varian as High King.

Deleted
    i think voljin would be best for the position, but hes not an orc, so he shouldnt be suited to take a orctitle. but still, he would fit nicely. another candidate would be nahzgrim.

10+ Year Old Account

Any council would almost definitely feature the pandaren; Ji has a way of looking at things the other Horde leaders don't due to how different pandaren culture and thought processes are from those of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    vol jin would be cool but as long as its a non orc id be rather satisfied. i mean we are talking about the title of warchief of the horde, not warchief of the orcs. back in warcraft 2 each clan had their own leader, chogall was the leader of the twilights hammer clan, thus giving a clan of orcs a non orc leader.

cairne would probably have been warchief of the horde had garroshs axe not been poisoned. i reckon for all the "the leader of the horde must always be an orc" fans this would have been pretty detrimental and you must be foaming at the mouth that people are speculating again that someone other than an orc is going to replace garrosh.

im a fairly large orc fan myself, ive always played them in all of the warcraft rts's even when i played on bnet. they were my go to race when i wanted to win a few matches. my main toon was an orc and stayed that way throughout the entire time i played WoW but i would still be cool with someone other than an orc leading the horde

Varok Saurfang.

How this badass of an orc got passed over for Warchief in favor of Garrosh, I'm still wondering. I figure it's only because he was still grieving over his lost son and that Thrall was still soft his buddy status with Garrosh's father.

But seriously Saurfang has experience from basically every campaign that the Orcs has ever had going all the way back to the beginning. He totally understands the mistake of taking the Horde back to the "glory days" but knows how to get shit done when rearend needs to get punted.

Lastly he's an orc. I hate to bring racism into it but the tradition of the organization has always been orc dominated. Specifically the Kor'kron Guard. Saurfang would be the ideal person here too since he is a member and commander of this organization.
    Last edited by seijo; 2012-10-15 at 03:33 PM.

Care to explain that? The VP of Creative Content, that has been having a lot of influence in Lore since the RTS games and loves Thrall told us we would get our Warchief back, and like three weeks ago he tweeted that thunder is coming.

The true horde got both messages, besides Thrall is the only one that makes sense.
    I guess I can do this one more time.

Funny one would think that if they wanted to be plain that Thrall was coming back, they might not simply say we are getting our Warchief back. They might want to say something like Thrall is coming back or follow up that little line by making it clear that when they say we are getting our Warchief back they mean Thrall. The fact that someone said we are getting out Warchief back and then explicitly left Thrall's name out of it is a far far stronger indicated that Thrall is not coming back then that he is.

The fact that you got that Thunder is coming to mean that Thrall is coming back as Warchief is at best a stretch.

I understand you are very very very passionate about Thrall coming back, but I don't really see any actual evidence to support it.

Then again maybe I am not "true Horde" and thus did not get the clarity of the message.

Its going to be Thrall.
    Blizzard already said "No" on that.

As for the Jaina novel, while Baine had a lot of development, all of it was mostly beside Vol'jin, who still acted like the more vocal anti-Garrosh leader. While I agree that's not entirely proof of him becoming Warchief, I think the fact his attempted assassination is going to be the first domino pushed, the fact he is getting his own novel, and the fact he is getting his own model in 5.1 to be pretty good factors that they want him to become more important down the line.

As for the people who say "The orcs would never be lead by anyone other then an orc!", you guys did play WC2, correct? The game in which two clans, the Twilight's Hammer and the Laughing Skull, both had ogre chieftens at one point? Orcs do care about themselves more then other races in a general sense, but on the scale of respect, race is under strength/power. Or did anyone here actually think the whole Horde would have broken down if Cairne has won the duel with Garrosh?

The Doomhammer Plate armor is in Mulgore not Orgrimmar (if i recall correctly) and he wont be sitting in Orgrimmar any time soon, he will when the expansion ends after we kill Garrosh, in probably about a year and a half.
    Actually at the end of the Shattering he asks to have the armor sent back to Orgrimmar, since it's part of their culture (I think I'm paraphrasing, my nook is dead and the hardcopy is buried under art supplies)

I have my own thoughts as to how Thrall fits in to overthrowing Garrosh, but that's for a different thread lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yes, make a stupid troll that never did anything warchief, he cant even control that little island he got conquered by rseoh,jlsheshmselh or whatever his name is.

Actualy, yes, do it. At least horde will finaly fragment into pieces.
    Yea, that emo kid gone berserk was a lot better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I guess I can do this one more time.

Funny one would think that if they wanted to be plain that Thrall was coming back, they might not simply say we are getting our Warchief back. They might want to say something like Thrall is coming back or follow up that little line by making it clear that when they say we are getting our Warchief back they mean Thrall. The fact that someone said we are getting out Warchief back and then explicitly left Thrall's name out of it is a far far stronger indicated that Thrall is not coming back then that he is.

The fact that you got that Thunder is coming to mean that Thrall is coming back as Warchief is at best a stretch.

I understand you are very very very passionate about Thrall coming back, but I don't really see any actual evidence to support it.

Then again maybe I am not "true Horde" and thus did not get the clarity of the message.
    If you watch the interview where Metzen says that we will get our Warchief back, the prahse comes in a part of the interview where is is talking about Thrall and in the middle of a huge outcry about Thrall leaving the horde. And, the horde know who is our Warchief. I get that some allaiance folks didnt got that, but when he said that we knew exactly who he was talking about.

So, i gave evidence, pretty good evidence, while you gave nothing, not a single thing to support your claim of Thrall being impossible to come back as Warchief.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Blizzard already said "No" on that.

As for the Jaina novel, while Baine had a lot of development, all of it was mostly beside Vol'jin, who still acted like the more vocal anti-Garrosh leader. While I agree that's not entirely proof of him becoming Warchief, I think the fact his attempted assassination is going to be the first domino pushed, the fact he is getting his own novel, and the fact he is getting his own model in 5.1 to be pretty good factors that they want him to become more important down the line.

As for the people who say "The orcs would never be lead by anyone other then an orc!", you guys did play WC2, correct? The game in which two clans, the Twilight's Hammer and the Laughing Skull, both had ogre chieftens at one point? Orcs do care about themselves more then other races in a general sense, but on the scale of respect, race is under strength/power. Or did anyone here actually think the whole Horde would have broken down if Cairne has won the duel with Garrosh?
    Blizzard didnt said No. A blue poster (which is NOT a developer and has NO SAY in the lore) is trying to give people a sense of suspense.

Seriously people, the man that has more influence in the lore in the whole Blizzard tells you that our Warchief is coming back and thunder is coming and you reply with a community manager saying that might not be entirely accurate?