Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    This is the most taken talent for PvP
    I know he didn't specify, but if you read through you'll realize that the guide is obviously for PvE.

Can't wait for addition of aoe. For some reason I can never get a good handle on that.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Namso View Post
    What's the gem scheme of an Arms Warrior?
    Crit > strength for the most part I believe.

So: hit/exp cap > crit > str > mastery > haste. I think for yellows you'd go for flat crit whereas for reds you'll get inscribed. I think blues would still be str + stam, not sure though.

Question: why is death from above necessary? Is it used for empty gcd's or just for heavy damage on target swaps?
    Question2: why not open with csmash instead of with ms?
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-10-15 at 04:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I know he didn't specify, but if you read through you'll realize that the guide is obviously for PvE.

Can't wait for addition of aoe. For some reason I can never get a good handle on that.

So: hit/exp cap > crit > str > mastery > haste. I think for yellows you'd go for flat crit whereas for reds you'll get inscribed. I think blues would still be str + stam, not sure though.

Question: why is death from above necessary? Is it used for empty gcd's or just for heavy damage on target swaps?
    1: Heroic leap is off the GCD. But I'm using the glyph mainly for the increase of AoE damage/mobility, I find using HL in a single target rotation can be terribly annoying if the mob doesn't have a big enough hitbox for you to jump from "the left foot" to "the right foot" of the mob. Rustynip had a really sexy image showing it, but sadly I can't recall in what thread he posted it.
    2: You'll fit only one MS in the CS anyway, and MS gives you rage + a chance to enrage. MS is actually our top priority move, above CS in fact.

@Kankipappa, I'll try out SW + BB and SW + SB on the raid dummy and see if there is any difference between those combinations and talent combinations with DR. You have me interested in SW (and the warrior who wrote the manaflask guide is currently specced SW as well, though of course it might be fight specific).
    If the damage between DR and SW is exactly the same (let's just imagine it), I might go for SW. It's pretty nice control, and should most likely be the better option of the two for AoE. Not entirely sold on SB yet, but we'll see. If nothing else it'll be fun to try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    "technically" If you restricted yourself on using it every 10 seconds, "Double time" would still be the winner in terms of uptime. Since Rage is generated every 12 secs at best, you'd gain rage only every second charge (thus every 20 secs).
    I don't know if you are just expressing this badly or what, but you cannot use Double time every 10 seconds beyond the first three charges.

AoE added. Clarified some information.
    Last edited by scadouche; 2012-10-15 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question.

There have been a few times where I wouldn't have anything to fill a global (e.g. - Dragon Roar, Impending Victory, Battle Shout), rage is sufficient, I didn't receive a Taste for Blood proc off of my last Overpower and I have no stacks of Taste for Blood (in some cases, I've had one stack). Mortal Strike is on CD. Is it okay to use two Slams?

Mortal Strike > Overpower (no proc) > Slam > Slam > Mortal Strike.

I read that you usually want to save Heroic Strike for two or more Taste for Blood stacks. In the aforementioned filler scenario - lets say, no stacks of Taste for Blood - would it be okay to do Mortal Strike > Overpower (no proc) > Heroic Strike > Slam > Mortal Strike? Would I follow that same 'priority' under one stack? Or save the double-Slam cycle if I have one stack of Taste for Blood? I know that I left Colossus Smash out of the equation. Lets assume that it's on the target and due to the nature of Sudden Death, 'it varies'.

I have no clue what I'm talking about. I'm still new to this class, but I always felt so clunky when I came into this situation. Hopefully one of you more seasoned warriors know what I'm talking about and can give me an idea on what to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Double time works like DK runes. Definitely worse.
    Depends heavily on the fight. Personally the utility of having 2 charges B2B is incredible.

^@ fallinsinner, there is no reason not to B2B slam anymore. Before since it was a casted spell it could mess with your rotation. Now, since it is instant, often you want to b2b slam.

So assuming CS is on CD, as are dragon roar/stormbolt (if using) Shout and heroic throw, you'd go MS->no bonus proc OP->Slam-Slam->MS.

Since your only single target abilities that cost rage are HS and slam now (ok technically shattering throw) (until execute phase which we aren't discussing) rage management comes down to when and how often you use HS and slam. You want to be using slam as often as possible, especially during CS, without losing TFB stacks, without going under rage to hit a 2+ stack TFB during a CS, or without clipping a MS/CS. As long as you keep to the above, use slam.

The times to use HS are 1.) When you are going to cap rage w/o being able to get off a slam 2.) When you are about to lose a single TFB proc without preventing your next slam 3.) with 2+ TFB stacks preferably during a CS (as long as they won't drop, but with 15 seconds this shouldn't be hard.)
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2012-10-15 at 10:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post

^@ fallinsinner, there is no reason not to B2B slam anymore. Before since it was a casted spell it could mess with your rotation. Now, since it is instant, often you want to b2b slam.

So assuming CS is on CD, as are dragon roar/stormbolt (if using) Shout and heroic throw, you'd go MS->no bonus proc OP->Slam-Slam->MS.

Since your only single target abilities that cost rage are HS and slam now (ok technically shattering throw) (until execute phase which we aren't discussing) rage management comes down to when and how often you use HS and slam. You want to be using slam as often as possible, especially during CS, without losing TFB stacks, without going under rage to hit a 2+ stack TFB during a CS, or without clipping a MS/CS. As long as you keep to the above, use slam.

The times to use HS are 1.) When you are going to cap rage w/o being able to get off a slam 2.) When you are about to lose a single TFB proc without preventing your next slam 3.) with 2+ TFB stacks preferably during a CS (as long as they won't drop, but with 15 seconds this shouldn't be hard.)
    Thank you, Darkfiend, for clearing that up. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post
    I don't know if you are just expressing this badly or what, but you cannot use Double time every 10 seconds beyond the first three charges.
    To be honest, I don't know what you are talking about

Double Time grants you 2 Charges instead of one. Since you can charge in combat you can basically charge twice and wait the remainder of the 20 seconds for both CDs to come up again or you could - like I wrote in my previous post - charge every 10 seconds. Or in other words: You spend your first charge which takes 20 seconds to "reload" and after 10 seconds you spend the second one, leaving 10 seconds for the first charge to be up again.

--> charge every 10 sec, get rage only every 12 sec, have the possibility to charge twice in short succession
    vs.
    --> charge every12 sec (and get rage everytime), do not have the possibility to charge twice B2B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

ATM crit is NOT better to gem than str for most people, but it gets better w/ gear. I was at .31 crit-1 strength in heroic gear, and am now around .41 crit:str so you're better off gemming pure str/crit-str or str-hit depending on socket, but check simcraft. Never gem stam as DPS warrior.

Heroic leap is off the GCD, and glyped Death From Above is on a 15 second shorter CD, with double damage. Not only is the shorter CD amazing for mobility, but the double damage during a CS is great. Its around 2-3% DPS on a single target fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Heroic leap is off the GCD, and glyped Death From Above is on a 15 second shorter CD, with double damage. Not only is the shorter CD amazing for mobility, but the double damage during a CS is great. Its around 2-3% DPS on a single target fight.
    How do you manage to weave in Heroic Leap? I struggle getting it off without losing precious time on other abilities. Is finding a "green" spot near the boss, pressing Shortcut and clicking on the location the thing you do? Or is there any possibility to make heroic leap a one-button action?

How do you manage to weave in Heroic Leap? I struggle getting it off without losing precious time on other abilities. Is finding a "green" spot near the boss, pressing Shortcut and clicking on the location the thing you do? Or is there any possibility to make heroic leap a one-button action?
    What I do when working my Heroic leaps into my rotation is I move to the far right of the boss's backside and leap over to the left side. For 5 mans this will feel like a stretch, but for raid bosses it works great. Bind it to a button, clicking the skill then clicking the ground is way too much. If you can hover your cursor over the desired spot, spam an ability one last time (like an MS, though i like to H-leap at the beginning of Colossus Smash) then hit leap, you can land in time for gcd to be coming off.

A small fix is required :

HS at 1 stack of TFB : 220%WD+1098
    Slam : 190%WD + 1894

Average WD(Taken from a sample 470 ilvl equipped Arms Warrior) : (30285+22749)/2 = 26517

Difference in damage : 2.2WD+1098-1.9WD-1894=0.3WD-796=(0.3*26517)-796=7955-796=7159
    HS at a stack of TFB is mathematically more damage than Slam always. This should not however affect the ideal situation to use TFB stacks on a HS, which would depend upon your CS availability, rage cap and other factors, because it increases HS's Relative-To-Slam DPR.

The 2 TFB stacks relic seems to be existing because of inaccuracies regarding the damage formula for Slam.

This is a thread that I found on the EU Forums : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5643844882

I reckon it should work, haven't personally tried it yet.