Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blingtron 4000 is worthless. (rage)

The mats for this are somewhat expensive. About what it would have been to build a jeeves back in the day. I don't have a problem with that. It is a max level reusable item that does offer benefits to those that use it..

But let's have a rational conversation about those benefits.

The profession levelling Fire Spirit won't help the engineer who crafted him. The engineer already has 600 engineering. If the engineer is a miner it is likely also maxed. I suppose it might help another profession that isn't mining. Definately would be useful in future expansions.

Also, free engineering mounts and pets for everyone! Wait a minute... Isn't that a source of income for engineers? Why would I set up a mount and pet vending machine in a place where people could find it. I don't care how low the drop rate is.

It is a cool idea and fun to make new friends and help guildies and whatnot. I just don't really see the benefit for the engineer.

And I thought I've seen it all

Every raid night the first thing people want to do when they get into the instance and buffed is for me to drop blingatron. Quite a few raid members have gotten the 200g grey item and were quite happy for the 5 sec it took them to open the package. A few fire spirits that people could use dropped as well, and a few pandaren banquets saving us on the mats. On just this alone I feel it is worth it.

I do agree with you though, that on other days I pop it somewhere no one can find it, because I don't really want anyone else getting cool shit from me for free when otherwise they would have to buy it from me. It's a nice little flavor item, but I seriously doubt it was ever meant to be more than something cool you could share with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then...don't make it.

Here's a tip though, You can log onto your alts and accept things from him. and you have 10 minutes to do it.

It wouldint be so bad if he just gave us something nice, Its realy not worth the money to make him, if he was at LEAST a vender as well I wouldint hate him for being in my bags.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Blingtron. He's my homeboy.

I'm not sure I'd spend the mats to make my own, but damn do I get gleeful when I see him in town, handin' out presents. I want presents! Me! Me! Me! Ooo ooo me!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    I was really disapointed that it doesn't repair....

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I love Blingtron. He's my homeboy.

I'm not sure I'd spend the mats to make my own, but damn do I get gleeful when I see him in town, handin' out presents. I want presents! Me! Me! Me! Ooo ooo me!
    yeah, but when you do make your own, you wish his rewards were better at least for yourself.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TDrog View Post
    I was really disapointed that it doesn't repair....
    Why, jeeves is for that blingtron is for presents, I just wish his presents were better
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Its nice to have some fun items which take a little while to grind but don't affect performance and stats.

If you don't think its worth the time for you to farm, then don't.

i touht he was the new jeevez...

when i saw he cant repair i did not bother making him :<

its a downgrade , bad thing for me ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    It turns engineers into Santa Claus. You get to bring gifts. Drop it in a secret place only your guild knows about, or be super nice and throw it between the AH and Bank. It's not meant to reward the stingey, it's meant to make Azeroth a little better for everyone.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    i touht he was the new jeevez...

when i saw he cant repair i did not bother making him :<

its a downgrade , bad thing for me ^^
    You already have jeeves why do you need 2 repair bots, that is like needing two sheds.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I think he's a neat idea, but I think his mat cost is just too high for the small benefit of funness he provides. Coupled with the engi goggles probably not being upgradable again, so useless in about a month, along with the new wormhole generator being crap compared to the one we got in Wrath, I'm pretty disappointed in engineering.

I didn't realize how much nicer it is to use it on a rogue. You don't realize how much rocket boosts fail you when you can just cloak it off.

I'm not convinced he gives mounts/pets either. There's been no reported cases on wowhead.

Deleted
    Blingtron is worth every penny as a trolling tool.

Place it near half hill market just far enough into the phased area so that people can see it but it phases out right before they can get close enough to interact with it, then watch people as they keep desperately trying to reach the loot promised by that blue exclamation mark.

I have it and I don't mind that it is borderline useless. I mean, if you were having some high expectations, then you should have checked WoWhead or something before crafting. Engineering got a lot of nice things in MoP, plus it has always been a vanity/gadgets/fun profession, I think lil Blingbling here fits right in.

Quote Originally Posted by furniture View Post
    Blingtron is worth every penny as a trolling tool.

Place it near half hill market just far enough into the phased area so that people can see it but it phases out right before they can get close enough to interact with it, then watch people as they keep desperately trying to reach the loot promised by that blue exclamation mark.
    Evil... But hilarious. Now I need to make mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading this thread, I seriously want one of these. I don't have a toon with engineering, but this might just be a fun little side project

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharfox View Post
    It turns engineers into Santa Claus. You get to bring gifts. Drop it in a secret place only your guild knows about, or be super nice and throw it between the AH and Bank. It's not meant to reward the stingey, it's meant to make Azeroth a little better for everyone.
    Sums up my thought on it.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

This guy gives out free loot forever, he's a cornucopia device.

Complaining about him makes you evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I wanted useful, I'd have gone with another profession.

Engineering is for fun, scopes and randomness. And nobody is forcing you to make it. For me, it's gonna be more of a "If I find that I can make it NOW, I'll do it"-thing. Haven't bothered making it yet, though.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P