Thread: What other MMO

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What other MMO

Is closest to Wow in terms of end game content, I can't decide whether I want to play Rift or The Old Replublic.

Suggestions?
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Closest? TOR.

If you want more content, delivered faster, and most at a better quality than what WoW has been putting out, then Rift is the way to go.

Rift, the only MMO that earns a full sub price. And the hardest working developer in the industry.

I've played MMOs as good as Rift. But none better. The game is top notch as can be top to bottom.

Edit: I really enjoyed TOR though. The leveling content and story of TOR is fantastic. But the endgame is beyond awful. Also TOR will be free 2 play soon and they are making the best part the game [story] the free part. Oddly charging extra for the raids, which are embarrassingly bad.

Sub to Rift. Play TOR till done with the story. Dabble in TSW or GW2 for lite fun.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-16 at 04:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know much about Rift and TOR... but i have seen a lot about these, and i have heard a lot, and everyone talk about rift a lot, so i think is better, much better, i haven't heard of many problems in the game... i can't say the same about TOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift for sure.

I think SWTOR has the best leveling experience of any of them, simply due to the amazing story/star wars lore, but is lacking in the end-game department imo. I have to imagine Rift is better in that area simply for the fact swtor is so weak. Rift is eerily like wow for how much they were putting into "We're not in Azeroth anymore". I mean, it has a few cool unique ideas/features, but it's super similar. It honestly wasn't a bad game (I played for a few months at launch, never got to max lvl, got incredibly burnt out around 35+)

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Sub to Rift. Play TOR till done with the story. Dabble in TSW or GW2 for lite fun.
    This is pretty much what I'm doing minus the TSW.

I'd absolutely say Rift if you're looking for some challenging endgame content. It's no pushover and is much more reminiscent of what we saw back in BC as far as raiding goes.

IMO SWTOR raids aren't as good (or as numerous) as Rifts, but I know they have much easier difficulty settings so they are more accessible to players who don't have the time to dedicate to a raiding schedule (not that it really requires that much time outside of finding a window you can make) or don't want to put forth a lot of effort to see the raiding content. SWTOR leveling content blows Rift 1-50 content out of the water though.

SWTOR leveling content blows Rift 1-50 content out of the water though.
    Yea, that's true.

SWTOR's leveling and personal story is the best presented and executed out of all MMOs right now. Secret World comes close though-- mostly for the writing. Really if one likes questing and story, Free-2-play SWTOR is pretty hard to beat as an MMO.

Both have their merits and faults as MMOs. But I wanna stress to the OP that TOR will be free-2-play, the best parts of TOR actually. No need to really make an either or choice. One can even play TOR casually doing their personal story in small sections as it is a long process.

Deleted
    Yeah, I'd have to say Rift is the only one close to the seven-year giant.

Deleted
    RIFT if you want a game with some difficulty in end game with content being delivered fast as well, not my cup of tea for several reasons but it's still a great game.

I personally find RIFT boring, TOR got possibly the best PvE around.

RIFT for endgame PvE content, hands down the best there is imo. Lot's of challenging raid content, alternate advancement, lot's of stuff to do in the world, constantly (and I mean, every 8-10wks) updated with new content.

Definitely RIFT. In my opinion, the game is on the same level as WoW when it comes to raiding content. ToR is on a much lower tier in terms of end-game.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    SWTOR leveling content blows Rift 1-50 content out of the water though.
    And luckily it shall be free in about 4 weeks.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    And luckily it shall be free in about 4 weeks.
    According the the announcement 3+ months ago yeah...but they haven't said anything about it since : /

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    According the the announcement 3+ months ago yeah...but they haven't said anything about it since : /
    To be fair, they don't like talking to their customers.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Rift is closest to WoW prior to patch 5.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much of a StarWars fan as I am, sadly Id have to agree with everyone that Rift is the superior product compared to SWTOR and its not bound to get any better as most of BW is gone now and EA has fully taken over =/

Stick with Trion, they know what they are doing.

Thanks guys Found home on the Guardian side, on the server Deepwood.

A question, i've read that rift only uses one core of your proccesor is this true, and if so how can you get it to utilize all cores?
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

10+ Year Old Account
    A buddy of mine told me to try out The War Z. said it was pretty fun. i think he's in the beta for it now. anyone else tried this or know anything about it. from what i gather its a survival mmo with free world pvp... with mother f***king zombies!!!! yeah