Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Wait, Nazgrim?...

I know I made a previous thread about Lor'themar Theron being a possible candidate for a new warchief, because of that thread I'd reconsidered what the eventualities could be.. what if Nazgrim were to become the new Warchief? Isn't he respected and part of Cataclysm too? I think he would make a good warchief - Nazgrim laying the final blow to Garrosh - as Garrosh's vanguard would be the icing on the cake, would it not?

What's your opinion on Nazgrim becoming warchief?

Quote Originally Posted by Haushan View Post
    I know I made a previous thread about Lor'themar Theron being a possible candidate for a new warchief, because of that thread I'd reconsidered what the eventualities could be.. what if Nazgrim were to become the new Warchief? Isn't he respected and part of Cataclysm too? I think he would make a good warchief - Nazgrim laying the final blow to Garrosh - as Garrosh's vanguard would be the icing on the cake, would it not?

Only if Taylor becomes the Supreme Allied Commander at least

10+ Year Old Account

I've brought up this possibility a time or two myself. As we progress through Pandaria, it seems to me that Nazgim still has what Garrosh lacks - the orcish sense of an honorable fight. Take when we first find him in Binan Village, for example. It is my hope that by the end of the expansion, Nazgrim will at the very least be a major figure in the resistance.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    I've brought up this possibility a time or two myself. As we progress through Pandaria, it seems to me that Nazgim still has what Garrosh lacks - the orcish sense of an honorable fight. Take when we first find him in Binan Village, for example. It is my hope that by the end of the expansion, Nazgrim will at the very least be a major figure in the resistance.
    Exactly, he's been building up in character all through Pandaria! I need to admit, meeting him in Kun summit, with Taylor at the other side of the room bickering was one of my most favourable parts of this expansion, he hates the alliance like any good warchief should, he can lead men into battle, he's an experienced killing machine, yet he's able to stand-by Anduin and treat him as an equal for the time being. He's a good guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never been too interested in Nazgrim, myself. Would prefer a fellow faction leader to take the reigns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought of Nazgrim, but honestly, he seems way to much of a tool, following everything Garrosh tells him to do without question. And I don't want a tool leading the horde, since we've had to put up with one for the last 4 years.
    #boycottchina

Nazgrim would be great, Love him in Vashir (at the end) and now Binan Village, and Kun summit. He is a warchief I would stand with. Someone that can lead, fight battles, know when to hate the Alliance but at the same time know how to treat the innocents.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I thought of Nazgrim, but honestly, he seems way to much of a tool, following everything Garrosh tells him to do without question. And I don't want a tool leading the horde, since we've had to put up with one for the last 4 years.
    How was Garrosh a tool? Garrosh never follow Thrall, at every chance he got he did the opposite of what Thrall ask. A great follower (Nazgrim) can be a great leader. A bad Follower (Garrosh) can be a bad Leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I thought of Nazgrim, but honestly, he seems way to much of a tool, following everything Garrosh tells him to do without question.
    In his defense, if he questions too much he'll be swinging from the gates of Orgrimmar. That and he's a soldier. A soldier travels and fights wherever they are told to. You question too much and you'll be too aware that your job is "serial killer with friends."
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-10-16 at 02:58 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    How was Garrosh a tool? Garrosh never follow Thrall, at every chance he got he did the opposite of what Thrall ask. A great follower (Nazgrim) can be a great leader. A bad Follower (Garrosh) can be a bad Leader.
    Garrosh is a tool because his personality is constantly been altering every single new chapter in wow, and its shaped around other characters as a result, they even said Garrosh was Thralls foil once. This makes it any time there is need for some form of antagonism in the story, all they needed to do was shape Garrosh's personality around that. Thats what makes him a tool.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Are you people not aware that J. Allen Brack (lead producer of MoP), when asked about the new orgrimmar raid stated (quoting):
    "We haven't designed very much of it right now, we just know we do want to have the recognition from the Horde and Alliance that we have to depose Garrosh as the leader of the Horde and reinstate Thrall as Warchief."

this info is pretty old, so maybe it isn't true anymore, but if it is all the "who will be the next warchief?" threads i have seen lately are pretty pointless.

Nah, he may have received quite a bit of thunder, but he's still a minor character in comparison to many others. Also, his personality is really similar to a basic Horde grunt, which would make a very dull leader.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Never been too interested in Nazgrim, myself. Would prefer a fellow faction leader to take the reigns.
    even if another current faction leader takes over the mantle of leading the horde, the orcs will still need a faction leader, nazgrim has been biult up and could fit that role, either him or saurfang who's said in the past he's not interested in leading

Nazgrim cant be the next Warcheif, because he is a Garrosh supporter. You dont dethrone a tyrant to put one of his followers in charge.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    Are you people not aware that J. Allen Brack (lead producer of MoP), when asked about the new orgrimmar raid stated (quoting):
    "We haven't designed very much of it right now, we just know we do want to have the recognition from the Horde and Alliance that we have to depose Garrosh as the leader of the Horde and reinstate Thrall as Warchief."

this info is pretty old, so maybe it isn't true anymore, but if it is all the "who will be the next warchief?" threads i have seen lately are pretty pointless.
    How the hell did i miss that interview?

So now we have Metzen saying we will get our Warchief back and saying 3 weeks ago that thunder is coming.

And we also have MoP lead producer saying Thrall will be reinstated as Warchief.

Guess there is no more room for speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Guess there is no more room for speculation.
    Yes, we have plenty of room to speculate. That interview was done in late March. Blizzard pointed out it was "not entirely accurate" in May. If they did decide to put Thrall back at the helm, they may very well have reconsidered

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Yes, we have plenty of room to speculate. That interview was done in late March. Blizzard pointed out it was "not entirely accurate" in May. If they did decide to put Thrall back at the helm, they may very well have reconsidered
    So, you have Metzens (VP of creative Development) words telling us that we will get our Warchief back, then MoP lead producer tells you, crystal clear, that we will reinstate Thrall as Warchief three weeks ago Metzen answers a tweet asking is Thrall is coming back to the horde with the words "... is that thunder i hear?" but because a Community Manager, that has NO INFLUENCE in the game development tells that the info we have MIGHT not be ENTIRELY accurate you dismiss everything you have been told by the guys actually making the game?

How can you not see that Zarhym was trying to get the suspense going and nothing else?

They TOLD US we will reinstate Thrall was Warchief, plain and simple, how much clear do you want them to be?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Nah, he may have received quite a bit of thunder, but he's still a minor character in comparison to many others. Also, his personality is really similar to a basic Horde grunt, which would make a very dull leader.
    agree with this foo here.
    I dont really see Nazgrim as a major lore figure.
    Just a well-seen, reoccuring quest giver.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Also the fact Nazgrim doesn't seem to get anything right, and needs the player to bail him out of trouble every single time doesn't make him in any way a suitable leader.

I would call Nazgrim more of a player liaison, a character invented to soap up the player and his/her character in the quests they are on, so his presence far more relates to the player then the lore.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Nazgrim to much of a Garrosh follower, theres a chance he could be a boss in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    How can you not see that Zarhym was trying to get the suspense going and nothing else?
    Because as a community manager he is not allowed to lie out of his ass. It's bad for the company to say "Oh that information was incorrect" only for it to come out he was lying.

As for your points, we already know Thrall is returning to the Horde. That was never disputed. Metzen saying "...Is that thunder I hear?" was not answering the question "Is Thrall becoming Warchief again?" it was answering "When it Thrall coming back to the Horde?" Thrall can be a part of the Horde without being the Warchief.

Now we have this amazing thing called "time", it means things can change as more "time" passes. Allan may have let slip that they planned to bring back Thrall as Warchief. Later on him and Metzen changed their mind and decided to bring him back in another capacity, thus informed Zarhym to tell people the blurt was not accurate. A New Warchief AND Thrall in the Horde? INCONCIEVABLE!

Can it still change further? Yes. Everything can, thus WHY WE SPECULATE.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't have to be an orc. In fact, the best race if you wanted horde/alliance peace, would be an elf.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 11:41 AM ----------

Lore-themar has a point. The horde only exists because the alliance is racist.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.