Page 48 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redcisse09 View Post
    Guys can anyone please tell me which trinket is the best out of these two for us; ( this is until I get the vial of Ichourous blood)

Empty Fruit Barrel OR Price of Progress?

I am leaning towards the fruit barrel for that sustained regen (for mana intensive fights so I can get chi for mana tea)

I am using it with Relic of Chi Ji

Thanks
    Fruit Barrel no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by redcisse09 View Post
    Guys can anyone please tell me which trinket is the best out of these two for us; ( this is until I get the vial of Ichourous blood)

Empty Fruit Barrel OR Price of Progress?

I am leaning towards the fruit barrel for that sustained regen (for mana intensive fights so I can get chi for mana tea)

I am using it with Relic of Chi Ji

Thanks

On my last Feng the Accursed kill, I gained 50820 mana from price of progress over a 7:30 min. encounter which meant this trinket was giving me 564,6 mp5. On my last Elegon kill I gained 60984 mana on a 9:37 min. encounter which should be 528,5 mp5.

Empty Fruit Barrel has a passive 847 spirit. Since 1 spirit = 0,56435 mp5 (according to Icy Veins), then Empty Fruit Barrel should provide you with 478 mp5.

As you can see, despite the difference in mp5 from both encounters this proc from Price of Progress should result in a greater mana regen than the passive spirit from Empty Fruit Barrel. However, several sources claim that the ICD on the Empty Fruit Barrel is of a mere 20 secs, I have personally tested this and it seemed to be true, which should make the Barrel a better throughput trinket.

The only reason why I don't use this trinket is because I don't like random throughput boost procs as a healer since they might proc in phases where you aren't healing much and thus it feels like the proc is going to waste.

Is the shadopan trinket worth buying? I'll be revered this week. I don't have enough gold to buy the DMC, so I most likely won't have that one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post
    So I'm curious what everyone is using as stat weights now.
    Int=spirit until comfortable>haste 1350>mastery25man|crit10man>crit25man|mastery10man>haste

I plan on revamping the gear lists fairly soon to reflect that of BIS lists as I would imagine most Mistweavers should be 90 and already diving into raids!
    War-Z testing this week so I'm gonna be quite busy but I promise to get it up as soon as possible.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-10-14 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    Hello fellow monks,

Has anyone considered 3 extra ticks from ReM assuming heroism and standard spell haste raid buff are active? If my calcs. are correct, 1609 is the haste rating you need to obtain 9 ticks on ReM assuming those conditions. Since in MV so far my guild has been using heroism to push through the tougher phases in terms of raid damage I can imagine a 9 tick ReM spread around 18 - 20 players (with the aid of thunder focus tea) can become a powerful source of healing for the monk simply by sacrificing a mere 259 rating of a more useful secondary stat, probably mastery. =D
    Bumping my comment from 9 days ago since I would really like other MW monk's opinions on the matter. =)

Deleted
    Is anyone using Chi Torpedo in raids? Or is it better to use Rushing Jade Wind to buff your SCK? I'm only just starting raiding with poor gear still, I prefer not to use SCK much since it drains my mana so quickly. The torpedo feels fun and nice to use, free of mana. I'm using Celerity and when raid is bunched up i sometime just do three torpedo-rolls through the raid back and forth. Or is is my time better spent doing something else?

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    War-Z testing this week so I'm gonna be quite busy but I promise to get it up as soon as possible.
    You should join us over on the megathread, we might have a server going for MMO-Champ testers.

Quote Originally Posted by onox View Post
    Is anyone using Chi Torpedo in raids? Or is it better to use Rushing Jade Wind to buff your SCK? I'm only just starting raiding with poor gear still, I prefer not to use SCK much since it drains my mana so quickly. The torpedo feels fun and nice to use, free of mana. I'm using Celerity and when raid is bunched up i sometime just do three torpedo-rolls through the raid back and forth. Or is is my time better spent doing something else?
    This would come down to.

Can you comfortably use SCK to heal without running out of too much mana?
    Why are you stacking, are you able to use Chi torpedo without dying?
    Is mobility required?

Personally for AoE healing I prefer RJW as Chi torpedo is alot of unnecessary movement to heal. Being a Australian player I have noticed a slight lag can make my roll 20 yards longer than it should be which can be rather risky in PvE.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-15 at 02:23 AM.

Deleted
    It's absolutely not worth sacrificing mobility for the incredibly sub par healing Chi Torpedo does.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    It's absolutely not worth sacrificing mobility for the incredibly sub par healing Chi Torpedo does.
    It all comes down to what fight you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne490 View Post
    For me chi torpedo is working, doing both dmg and healing on ppl. Someone said it didnt work if you had the clearity talent at lvl 15. I have momentum and it works fine
    That was 4 months ago during beta, It's been fixed since

Deleted
    Yeah, there are times where I've found torpedo useful. On Elegon it was nice to torpedo in and out from the boss.

Another thing that I noticed last night was that my dps is far worse than I thought it'd be. I'm really hoping it's because my gear still sucks. Both me and my raid leader thought, cool.. we could use the monk dps and healing. But in the end my healing was great and dps hardly noticable. Our discpriest (albeit with better gear) was doing far far far better dps than me. Autoattack, jab and blackout kick.. all felt really weak.

It's working as intended or will it get better, at least on par with a discpriest or better?

Chi Torpedo is mana-free healing. I'm not clear on why people think it's bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    The distance it travels to get that free heal, although I have seen some videos where people cast torpedo then don't move but do some insane healing as it keeps hitting those around, which is pretty damn cool!!

Well, there are lots of reasons to move. Feng in particular I was glad to have Chi Torpedo, as I'd sit in with the melee and then flit out and back, healing both ways. My experience also has been that it's an uncapped aoe heal, which may or may not be accurate, but if it is then the total healing could be quite substantial.

Sure, flinging your ass over to the middle of nowhere may not be tactically sound, but pairing it with another return trip means that you don't give up a whole lot of time. As with pretty much everything monk, knowing what's going on around you is key to the class. Your friends, the boss, positioning, everything. What I like best about monk healing is that I am paying attention to the raid, not just the raidframes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    A rather small mana free heal which bolts on to your primary mobility increasing ability? Firstly mana free healing isn't a big deal when your mana positive ones (uplift, zen sphere, chi burst) usually handle the situation and 2/3rds of the time are castable on the move. The only situation it will ever come on top is when you need to move fast, heal and have your raid moving fast with you. It's also not fun having to add a /cancelaura macro for movement increasing effects for your heal to work...
    Last edited by mmocf10b8a8948; 2012-10-15 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just had a few tips I'd like to share.

1. Use expel harm on CD, very cheap free chi

2. Use diffuse magic. In MV there are more big explosions you could mitigate that just some passive healing. This can be changed dependant on the fight but I feel too many monks pick elixirs then don't change it.

3. Use Xuen on fights with DPS checks, I know most already do this but again some people just pick RJW then don't swap it.

4. Tiger's Lust > All. This talent is amazing, it gets you farther than an extra charge of roll while being an external too. Great for putting on melee on Elegon when they have to reset stacks. (Downside 1 chi cost)

5. Hopefully most are doing this but on Gara'jal glyph uplift, most fun fight in there. When in spirit realm, use ReM then spam uplift, easy topping everyone off while keeping the buff high.

6. USE EXPEL HARM ON CD. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Free chi dammit!

Hope this helps

Hey affinity, was just watching Blood Legions Emperor kill, was wondering what you were using as your chi dumper. I think its uplift but was just wanted to make sure, only saw a few EvM so I'm pretty sure it was uplift.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post
    Hey affinity, was just watching Blood Legions Emperor kill, was wondering what you were using as your chi dumper. I think its uplift but was just wanted to make sure, only saw a few EvM so I'm pretty sure it was uplift.
    Yes it was uplift