Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i would really love to get in the minds of these corporate nuttards taht are ruining a great MMO opportunity. something this big could REALLY raked in some major cash within these last few months. so much VALUABLE potential for this game was lost and wasted and I am shocked the investors are grabbing pitchforks and flamethrowers and raiding the EA towers for such a massive fail of such a cash hutt this "could" have been

i understand 7+ years of development time is a long time and they were loseing ppl to that but ........... i just cant get a grasp of ANYTHING in what this fiasco has been and it really prolly is the BIGGEST HUGEST fail in the history of MMOs out there but i will leave that to you guys who keep track of this genre better than i do

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    yes but this is a double-edged sword Arlee. those that have subbed and moved on they EARNED those coins according to BWs own site. to MAKE them SUB just to get what they earned is a business ploy to pad numbers at the end of their next report. it will prolly go like this.

LOOK investors we have received a large portion of our former subscribers to come back and play the game again look at those numbers we have not seen them in a while.

it will make their bottomline look good for JUST that bit of time, and their hope is that when the "former" subbers return they "MIGHT"(relly strong emphasis on this here) stay for a while longer to keep those numbers looking good.

it is a bad tactic for them and will bit them in the ass i guarantee you that. if they gave the coins to those former subbers when F2P launches they will get more outta that bit o' honey then what they are trying to do now
    I'm not saying it is good reasoning... just the reasoning I think is likely.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    its sad too see that they force ppl i getting a last 1 month sub before F2P starts or else they wont get their coins.

fingers crossed for you folks out there that they change that policy

They have changed the wording on what qualifies you for coins a few times so we wont know what they do until it goes live. Most of the time it did seem like if you didn't have an active sub when F2P switched over you didn't get any coins. Not the smartest move by them but I can see why they would do it that way too. Kill off a few ppl from coming back and playing for nothing to strong arm a few others into one last payment.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Honestly it is probably because they want to give an incentive to people to resub now, and to reward people have stayed subed/already resubed and not reward people who currently aren't giving them any money.
    Sure it's an incentive to get people to resub. I can understand that from a business move. It's not terribly uncouth to offer an incentive to people to get them to sub or resub.

Even if you long since quit paying BW, you can resub and get extra coins. A nice little perk.

If your not paying to play the game, stopped paying them yesterday or months ago, what makes people think the deserve anything? Cause they bought the game and months later still deserve something for the initial box price and a 6 months of subs (or for whatever period they paid)?

I'm having trouble grasping the complaint of them wanting people to resub so they can get extra coins and if they don't resub they will get nothing.

I don't really have a problem with that.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-10-16 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I can see why they would do it that way. However, it doesn't seem like the wisest move for a game that should be trying to build goodwill.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    I still don't understand why some people are angry at the idea that to participate in the 'free coins' you need to be currently subbed when the F2P launches.
    - They're not spitting in customer's faces.
    - Customers are paying a subscription.
    - Customers will get X amount of free coins.
    - People who stopped paying a sub aren't customers. What am I missing?

Well, that does it. For all of you that said you had to be subbed, you were right. Now I'll go ahead and delete TOR as I have no reason to let it clutter up the space on my hard drive. Too bad too. I was interested in doing all the stories. Now I couldn't care less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Well, that does it. For all of you that said you had to be subbed, you were right. Now I'll go ahead and delete TOR as I have no reason to let it clutter up the space on my hard drive. Too bad too. I was interested in doing all the stories. Now I couldn't care less.
    Pity. See if you reconsider down the line as all the stories I've finished so far (6/8) have been fun to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Pity. See if you reconsider down the line as all the stories I've finished so far (6/8) have been fun to do.
    Nah. It's ok. Seeing as how I'd only be F2P, I'll have to be bottlenecked through the same planets over and over and over again, doing the exact same quests over and over and over again. I'd rather puncture my eyeballs with straightened out paper clips.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    If your not paying to play the game, stopped paying them yesterday or months ago, what makes people think the deserve anything? Cause they bought the game and months later still deserve something for the initial box price and a 6 months of subs (or for whatever period they paid)?

I'm having trouble grasping the complaint of them wanting people to resub so they can get extra coins and if they don't resub they will get nothing.

I don't really have a problem with that.
    I still don't understand why some people are angry at the idea that to participate in the 'free coins' you need to be currently subbed when the F2P launches.
    Just the tiny fact that when the initial announcement was made, the page had no indication that a subscription was required at the time of F2P. And then out of nowhere, it was 'announced' by letting it slip in an interview. At which point we rechecked the page and it had entirely changed with the new wording.

At best, it's false advertising...at worst, it's all the things you two don't understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Just the tiny fact that when the initial announcement was made, the page had no indication that a subscription was required at the time of F2P. And then out of nowhere, it was 'announced' by letting it slip in an interview. At which point we rechecked the page and it had entirely changed with the new wording.

At best, it's false advertising...at worst, it's all the things you two don't understand.
    Ah so they moved the goalposts gotcha. So you're not angry at the actual system per se. You're annoyed at the underhanded re-wording of the F2P page a few months back? So the metaphorical 'spit in the face of customers' flew through the air a while back? It isn't incoming right? Good to know

I have no clue why Bioware have a hard time avoiding these community related cockups. From the EU-Beta wait-a-thon to the red zone announcement being made AFTER pre-orders started being taken, it seems to be a circus of ineptitude sometimes.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Nah. It's ok. Seeing as how I'd only be F2P, I'll have to be bottlenecked through the same planets over and over and over again, doing the exact same quests over and over and over again. I'd rather puncture my eyeballs with straightened out paper clips.
    I thought I'd feel the same but redoing some missions was fine actually. Compared to SWG where I had 20x lvl 90 toons and that game had zero class specific content, TOR is actually not bad a grind alt-wise imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

No, at best it was brought up before it should have been and was changed from one to the other. I hate to break it to you but few things are ever written in stone.

At worst you are correct and they still changed it. Something there allowed to do before they implement the F2P change.

And if its something I don't understand how about you enlighten me. Twice even if need be cause if your reasoning is loyalty and yet you are not currently a subscriber, I fail to see how you are entitled to anything given the ample time the original statement was changed and the time frame of when F2P is suppose to happen.

If its nothing but your gut feeling on how you deserve extra coins for not being a customer, then I just don't see your point.

If its you deserve points for being a past customer, then I still don't see your point.

The only way I could see nonexistent customers getting coins would be if BW just wanted to be nice but that's not in any way required or expected. As a matter of fact, that would have been totally unexpected from EA and damn near a miracle level.

well in the bullet point footnotes it does(or did) say that coins would be available to active and "FORMER" subscribers up until august, and then coins earned each month for active subs until F2P launch. along with the coins for those who did the CE/DDL. when it was first announced there was no stipulation that you HAD to be subed to get those said coins. BUT as kitty said during a interview it was slipped and re-worded to state that you had to be subbed at F2P launch.

THERE is the rub to most that have decided to stop and wait for F2P. NOW they NEED to resub for that 1 month to get their coins which is indeed a slap to the face of those that did what to comeback at F2P launch to continue enjoying the lvling and stories.

i am still subbed and am very upset at the way BW/EA is going about this nonsense. those who did buy the CE/DDL and paid months of game time cant get those coins UNLESS they resub. this is a VERY VERY BAD way to try to get back those subbers that left to come back and it will bit them in the arse

They are rewarding the people that have stuck by the game. People that have stopped subscribing have bailed and stopped supporting them and therefore in their opinion do not warrant a reward. If you want your "earned" Cartel Coins, just fork out for one more month, it will be cheaper than buying it after the fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Matt's background with sport gaming, that "moved the goalposts" got me laughing.

I don't see anything particularly wrong with doing what they did. We've heard Johnny's thoughts on the matter before. So trying to squeeze every possible penny they can out of anyone they can without killing TOR outright, is hardly a surprise. Then again, given the unknown number of customers that were pushed "over the edge" by BioWare taking months to implement server transfers? It seems unwise to do anything to discourage their return. Austin should be doing everything in their power to build up goodwill. Not "move the goalposts."

Not to mention that such behavior before F2P is even launched, does not bode well for how invasive microtransactions will be after it.

Person A subbed from Dec to Sep (10 months). Person B subbed from Aug to Oct (3 months). Surely there is an argument that Person A was a more faithful customer, even if they did unsub at the end.

Part of it is also the attitude. Why are they so willing to throw away goodwill to prior subscribers? Shouldn't they be looking to get them back? How much can EA/Bioware nickel-and-dime it's customers? How deceptive can their marketing be? If they're like this now, how will they be with the actual F2P implementation? Will it be reasonably nice/fair? Or will it devolve into Pay-To-Win?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    They are rewarding the people that have stuck by the game. People that have stopped subscribing have bailed and stopped supporting them and therefore in their opinion do not warrant a reward. If you want your "earned" Cartel Coins, just fork out for one more month, it will be cheaper than buying it after the fact.
    Cool so I'm not missing anything then. I thought there might have been some elusive point I'd missed.

I'm currently paying for 3 subscriptions and will continue to do so well into 2013 so none of this applies to me directly.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Part of it is also the attitude. Why are they so willing to throw away goodwill to prior subscribers? Shouldn't they be looking to get them back? How much can EA/Bioware nickel-and-dime it's customers? How deceptive can their marketing be? If they're like this now, how will they be with the actual F2P implementation? Will it be reasonably nice/fair? Or will it devolve into Pay-To-Win?
    I can't see why it would hurt them to show some goodwill towards those who no longer pay. It does seem a funny decision on Bioware's part but I got involved in this thread to find out why some thought it was 'insulting', 'spitting in our faces' etc when it just seems to be bad PR, that's all.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-10-16 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are people even seeing this? When I click the link it pops up with the maintenance message.. come to think of it the sites been like that for awhile now, anyone else getting this problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    How are people even seeing this? When I click the link it pops up with the maintenance message.. come to think of it the sites been like that for awhile now, anyone else getting this problem?
    It was working for a bit but soon crashed.

well in the bullet point footnotes it does(or did) say that coins would be available to active and "FORMER" subscribers up until august, and then coins earned each month for active subs until F2P launch. along with the coins for those who did the CE/DDL. when it was first announced there was no stipulation that you HAD to be subed to get those said coins. BUT as kitty said during a interview it was slipped and re-worded to state that you had to be subbed at F2P launch.

THERE is the rub to most that have decided to stop and wait for F2P. NOW they NEED to resub for that 1 month to get their coins which is indeed a slap to the face of those that did what to comeback at F2P launch to continue enjoying the lvling and stories.

i am still subbed and am very upset at the way BW/EA is going about this nonsense. those who did buy the CE/DDL and paid months of game time cant get those coins UNLESS they resub. this is a VERY VERY BAD way to try to get back those subbers that left to come back and it will bit them in the arse

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 09:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    It was working for a bit but soon crashed.
    it went down to fix the problem with ppl not being able to see their coin rewards on the ledger page. it was saying you need to sub to see rewards ppl went to that link and it took them to their sub page with no indication of how many coins they are getting