Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    gruth is a DS item, the new lfr loot system wasnt out bck then, so it was easily ninja'd by tanks coz blood dk's used 2 handed weapons to tank
    That works both ways, though. The one-handed sword from DS was the only option from LFR that tanks had to use as a weapon and it could be grabbed by Blood DKs (it was classified as a tank weapon), Arms Warriors, and Unholy DKs in addition to its intended audience of DPSers. When every plate wearer is rolling on an item regardless of spec, you're NEVER going to get what you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you do that, you're taking up a "slot" for a tank. The raid needs that slot. So that's no good.
    If he queued as DPS and is DPSing as Blood, that shouldn't be true. The loot may be based on spec, but what role you're placed in is still based on what you selected when you entered the queue.

Deleted
    If you do that, you're taking up a "slot" for a tank. The raid needs that slot. So that's no good.
    Wut?

You are only taking up a "slot" for another DPS, lowering raid DPS by quite a hefty amount but nothing that would endanger the kill... I, as warrior, queued as DPS and stayed in Prot specc and gear - kept doing 20-25k dps which is around 25-30k lower then what I would do as arms, but somehow there were "DPS dpsers" who were lower then me and yet the bosses kept dying anyway...

Maybe I misunderstand how it works-- my understanding was that you got loot based upon the spec you queued as. So if you queued as a tank, you take up a tank "slot" and get tank loot. Is that wrong?

If you queue as a DPS then switch specs to a tank, do you get tank loot?

Stay blood spec, Q up as Dps, Win tank gear, complety ingnore 40 min Q times and hard work

my god, YOU PEOPLE ARE Brilliant

Deleted
    I could live with 40 minute queues... however I waited 120 minutes and no invite popped up...

The way it works - you just choose DPS when queueing - however you remain in tank specc/gear - you get gear based on the specc you are in, when the boss dies/ you use a coin.

I usually also change to battle stance, otherwise I take aggro too easily...

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    The way it works - you just choose DPS when queueing - however you remain in tank specc/gear - you get gear based on the specc you are in, when the boss dies/ you use a coin.
    Ahh, gotcha. I didn't realize you could game the system that way. Since all you're doing is removing maybe half a DPS, that's not so bad.

I kept asking during beta if this was going to happen. It's cracking me up that people are doing that, because there's no role/spec mismatch penalty.

If the tank queues come down at some point (and they will), but healers are just instant queue, I imagine you'll have a lot of pulls with 5 "healers" in DPS spec that set as healer to jump the queue.

They just need to add a "you don't get loot if your spec and role do not match" and boom, no incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by nickdres View Post
    They just need to add a "you don't get loot if your spec and role do not match" and boom, no incentive.
    No, what they need to add is a UI for choosing which spec you want to represent. It is completely legitimate for players to want off-spec gear. There needs to be some mechanism to allow for it.

No, what they need to add is a UI for choosing which spec you want to represent. It is completely legitimate for players to want off-spec gear. There needs to be some mechanism to allow for it.
    That'd be nice, but it still doesn't prevent queue jumping.

I'm a pure shadow priest but want an instant queue? Queue as healer -> do fight as DPS -> hope the other healers don't have the same idea. If it works, fine, but now I'm rewarded for abusing the system.

LFR as it is now: You queue as your main spec and you get main spec gear. If you want off-spec gear, queue as that off-spec. This is what Blizzard wants you to do, obviously some (myself included) can and will circumvent the intended mechanic due to flaws in the system.