Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    when its soloQ, I normally ban standard (Malph, Ali, Blitz) and occasionally ban out Jayce and Morgana.

In team games my team normally plans to let 2-3 of the stronger champions go through if we are 2nd pick as then they get 1 we get 2 but if we are first pick generally its just who we dont want to face.

Deleted
    Shen
    Amumu
    Malphite
    Jayce
    Rengar
    Eve
    Blitz
    Ezreal

Pick three at random

Why so many Jayce bans? I almost never see him in games anymore, and even when I do, he isn't that bad. His missile can hit very hard if it goes through his gate and the gate provides some nice utility, but he brings nothing much scarier then many other champs.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    He is a completely broken top laner is why.

Watch the world championships if you are in further need of clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    He is a completely broken top laner is why.

Watch the world championships if you are in further need of clarification.
    Pretty much that. His damage in lane is absurd. He does lack sustain, which is kinda the only way to beat him top. And even then, you can only do so much against him.

If I am playing AD carry with a friend as support, I don't ban Blitz. Usually because Varus/Soraka counters kill lane comps hard.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Shen
    Malphite
    Blitz
    Morgana
    Jayce
    Evelyn

These are the banned champs in 90% of my soloQ games.
    same here, whatever happened to banning kassadin? I remember him being banned every game a few months ago
    게임 은 어렵~~

-Rengar
    -Blitz
    -Evelyn
    -Jax

I rarely see a good Shen/Malphite/Jayce so atm they ain't worth banning at my elo.
    Ours not to make reply. Ours not to reason why. Ours but to do and die!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    same here, whatever happened to banning kassadin? I remember him being banned every game a few months ago
    I still ban kassadin, should I stop?
    usually:
    Shen
    Morgana
    Kassadin
    Blitz
    Amumu

I'm guessing the reason people don't ban Kassadin anymore is that he's an annoyance at best. He's like every other assassin; dangerous if fed. But you don't see anyone ban Akali, LeBlanc, Pantheon, etc etc.

Also, I remember back before Evelynn got changed, that she was banned just to cross other people. Now she's actually banned because she's dangerous. Fun times.

Deleted
    Jayce
    Rengar
    Shen
    Alistar
    Malphite
    <--Wild Card, usually along the lines of Jax/Eve

Jayce
    Is a very strong laner. Deals both Physical Damage, and 20% max hp damage as Magic on his E in Hammer form. He is very safe, and can push extremely hard with Acceleration Gate + Blast, as well as W on towers. He synergises extremely well with ganks, as he has a leap and a knockback. People struggle playing against him, due to the fact he has extremely long range, and quite an absurd amount of damage when he combo's you in both forms. He works amazingly well in a Poke/disengage team, due to his gate speeding everyone up, as well as a decent range/damage/aoe when it comes to poking. I ban him because late game, he becomes a monster that's every difficult to shut down, and can play 2 "roles" effectively; A bruiser, as well as a secondary AD (Depending on how he builds)

Rengar
    Has so much burst, it's not even fun. His combo's melt people, and whether he's jungle or top he has so much synergy with ganks. A ranged slow, that's not skillshot based, or, if you have 5 "points" it turns into a ranged immobilize (might be a stun). On top of that, he can leap using the brush/ultimate, making him great for engaging on those squishy champions, which will 9/10 force a flash, due to his incredibly high scaling. His sustain is amazing, and due to being a manaless champion, he can effectively spam his abilities to keep healing with W. I don't want to play against Rengar, because I know that he will either terrorize lanes (like Shaco used to) if he jungles, or he can out trade most top laners.

Shen
    Shen is the split push king currently. With the nerf on the range of Twisted Fates ultimate, I believe his title has been usurped. Shen has both a solid top lane and jungle, although his jungle can be put back early as he's very slow pre 4-5. Top lane, he doesn't straight up beat anyone, but he goes equal and can farm very easily with a Q + Passive attack. The thing that makes Shen strong, are the items that he builds to split push, will also help him survive in team fights. Sunfire Cape/Wits End/Ionic Spark will help Shen push very quickly. This is all Shen needs to do, push a lane hard, forcing the enemy team to split and deal with him. This leaves your team free to take objectives/force team fights. How many times have you played against a Shen who went bottom lane to split push, while his team loitered around top lane/baron. That's Shen's strength, secondary to that, his damage mitigation and AoE taunt make him a team fighting monster.

Alistar
    Contrary to other people, I don't ban Alistar for his late game, I ban him for the early 1-5 game. His jungle is slow, it's true, but a level 2 Alistar turning up to middle lane before they have hit 2 will burn a flash if positioned poorly, or will get the kill, and from that one kill Alistar snowballs the lane. As soon as your flash is gone, you can gaurentee he will be camping your lane relentlessly. I don't trust my team in Soloqueue to deal with that kind of pressure and not be snowballed upon early. The flip side to the coin is, if Alistar doesn't get that first initial gank he becomes worthless early-mid game. However, that pro-side is not worth the risk of my team feeding him a kill in the first 4-5 minutes.

Malphite
    Banning Malphite nowadays isn't so much out of necessity like a few of the other bans. I ban him because I've seen first hand what a Malphite can tank an Enemies attack speed with. Due to his scaling with armor on his E/passive, and knowing late game is all about those fast, hard hitting AD's, you don't want your attack speed to be taken down to something stupid like 0.4 attacks per second (E/Frozen Heart/Randuins). Other than that, I'll ban him if we have someone who wants to play Jax, as Malph straight up counters him early-mid game, and can be hella annoying late game. His engage is the other factor, as it has a relatively low cooldown when you get your CDR items, and scales okish with AP.

Wildcard (Jax/Eve)
    The last ban is usually reserved for something like these two. Eve is a very strong mid laner at the moment, but that's not why she's ban worthy. She can walk through green wards fine, and can push a lane very hard with Q. When you're pushed to your turrets you have no idea which way she has gone, and can pick up kills all over the map. You might put her behind 2-3-4 kills or 20-30-40 CS, but she will always roam, and if you have my kind of luck, she will go and get a double kill bottom, then pick up the jungler backing after the fight with double buff. It's for the same reason you might ban Twisted Fate.
    Jax being a hyper carry who doesn't have a very weak early/mid game is the other ban. As soon as the game gets to the 30-40 minute mark, you know if they have Jax, you're going to have a bad time. He scales extremely hard, and is difficult to shut down due to the fact he can jump all over the shop with his Leap Strike. Ganking Jax as a jungler is the same as ganking a Riven, you might get a kill, if they are pushed to your turret, but with the amount of escapes, you can hope for a summoner at best.

This is the reasoning behind my bans.

Walking gave me an epiphany of a champion I knew I'd forgotten:

Ezreal
    Strongest AD champion at the moment, who has amazing burst early game, and can trade so easily. He might fall off a little compared to the non-Triforce build AD champions late (specifically Graves/Vayne), but he counters this by having great kite and escape. He has the best trading range early with his Q, can slow the oppositions attack speed with his W, and can allow Blitz hooks to hit him, and when timing his E right, the grab will get you, but you'll Arcane shift out of it, staying safe. He's a strong early-mid-late champion, who's near immune to ganks, but as said, might fall off against hyper carries (but so does every champion). What makes Ezreal strong, is his ability to reduce his cooldowns when landing Q's successfully. So many times you see Ezreals running away from people because their E is on cooldown. If you Spam those Q's while running, you'll get your escapes back up faster.
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2012-10-17 at 12:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I gotta say is...welcome back SC.

The forum has been a little lacking in depth.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted

Thanks :P Been using Reddit for the last god knows how long l0l, thought I'd check MMO-C again

10+ Year Old Account

Seconded

This for sure.

Deleted
    You guys, making me blush.

Yeah, I thought something or someone was missing for a while!

Also, I kinda have to enter the "ban Evelynn"-group as well. She is scary now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I'm guessing the reason people don't ban Kassadin anymore is that he's an annoyance at best. He's like every other assassin; dangerous if fed. But you don't see anyone ban Akali, LeBlanc, Pantheon, etc etc.

Also, I remember back before Evelynn got changed, that she was banned just to cross other people. Now she's actually banned because she's dangerous. Fun times.
    Same with Shaco, as people seem to have to gotten smart enough to counter him.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Thanks :P Been using Reddit for the last god knows how long l0l, thought I'd check MMO-C again
    Lies. I haven't seen you on Reddit either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Lies. I haven't seen you on Reddit either.
    You're such a filthy liar

/u/StylesClashv3