1. Jason Garrett has turned potential wins into losses with poor time management. Remember when he iced his own kicker last season? I wouldn't put it past Jerry Jones to fire him before the season's out, but if there isn't significant improvement, I don't see him in Dallas next season.
    2 & 3. Agreed
    4. It's never a good idea to only give a coach only one year to turn a team around.
    5. Agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    2) Chan Gailey. He was a bad hire in the first place and has reinforced what everyone thought of him. Chan Gailey is and always has been a bad coach. He has made numerous management errors, but it doesn't get much bigger than his errors this week. The Bills are up by three, successfully running the ball, what do they do? Go Wildcat and throw a hail mary with a QB who has absolutely no arm for deep balls at all. Interception, tie game. He tried to ice the Cards kicker. On a SIXTY ONE yard FG. They go into OT and again, despite running great all day, pass, pass, pass, pass before finally remembering that the whole running thing was killing the Cards. They drive to the 35 yard line and PUNT. PUNT. A punt from the 35 is almost always going to be a touchback. It was. Then they were bailed out of his horrible coaching by Skelton throwing a pick immediately.
    It's been horrendous to watch him nearly throw away games. For Gailey to return as coach next season, Bills are gonna have to make the playoffs, which I doubt we will by constantly throwing the ball. Gailey knows Fitzpatrick is average at best and he has to realize our running game is carrying us, yet he still refuses to allow Jackson and Spiller to run over the opposition.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I agree on every one of those except Jason Garrett. It has nothing to do with his ability as a coach, however, because he is terrible. It has everything to do with the fact that he was hand picked by Jerry Jones, and that wade Phillips was run out of town for him. Not that Wade was any good, but once Jones gets an idea into his head, he doesn't back off of it ever. So even though he is lousy, I expect Garrett to stick around for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody has mentioned Rex Ryan? His head has been on the chopping block as long as Andy Reid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Nobody has mentioned Rex Ryan? His head has been on the chopping block as long as Andy Reid.
    Hes not on the chopping block at all. The players on that team absolutely love Rex Ryan. The unit he is most responsible for has been fantastic since they day he got to New York. The only people with their head on the block in New York is Tennenbaum for not giving the team a single, a SINGLE, useful free agent, draft pick, or anything, and potentially Sporano since the offense is awful. Rex Ryan isn't the problem in New York. It is the GM/owner who has fielded a team with the worst receivers in the NFL, a aged and horrible O-line, etc. that have sunk the low potential that Sanchez had anyways. I think Ryan is a better, far better, D Coord than head coach, but the Jets have problems that go way, way deeper than the coach.

I mean seriously, what team lets walk their best receiver and their only real red zone threat and then doesn't even bother replacing him at all outside of a draft pick with a different skill set? That team is constructed so poorly its comical.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. Every year his expectations and claims are through the roof. Then when its all said and done the Jets are a mediocre team. Maybe the issues are more on the owner/GM, but watching the play calling is pretty bad in my eyes.

Sure, the players love him. But the players on the Eagles also love their coach. Just doesn't make sense, I see quite a few parallels between the Jets and Eagles.

What really doesn't make sense is the firing of their defensive coordinator. Eagles had a decent defense, unless that all went down in flames since I've watched them (arizona game).

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the players publically stated they didn't believe in Juan's system. Plus, considering how steller their defense is on paper, they should be doing better than they are.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Vick could not turn over the ball constantly I would put some blame on the defense, but until thats fixed its all on the offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. Every year his expectations and claims are through the roof. Then when its all said and done the Jets are a mediocre team. Maybe the issues are more on the owner/GM, but watching the play calling is pretty bad in my eyes.

Sure, the players love him. But the players on the Eagles also love their coach. Just doesn't make sense, I see quite a few parallels between the Jets and Eagles.

What really doesn't make sense is the firing of their defensive coordinator. Eagles had a decent defense, unless that all went down in flames since I've watched them (arizona game).
    Everybody loved Wade Phillips in Dallas too. Guess where he isn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Most of the players publically stated they didn't believe in Juan's system. Plus, considering how steller their defense is on paper, they should be doing better than they are.
    As a fan of a team that occasionally employs it, the Wide 9 is fucking stupid unless you have the absolute perfect personnel for it. The Eagles don't and the Lions certainly don't. Running a Wide 9 technique, which leaves enormous gaps up front, requires LBs that are Ray Lewis in his prime quality to fill the gaps created by the spacing to improve pressure. It is great at providing outside pressure on the QB if your DEs are fast. It is horrendous at providing push up the middle or stopping your team from getting gashed on the run. The Wide 9 begs, absolutely begs teams to run off tackle. Tackle closes out the incredibly wide DE, Center or Guard pushes the DT inside and that already massive lane the defense gave you is now even wider. Unless you have a LB over that 9 gap who can shake off a pulling guard or a FB and make a tackle you get destroyed. That is what ate Philly alive on defense last year and Detroit when they used it. With their improved LB lineup this year it has been less of an issue in Philly, but I am not absolutely sure how much they have been running it this year to know if their improvement is wholly from personnel or scheme.

Beyonce playing at the super bowl. Man, nothing means football to me more than ALL THE SINGLE LADIES. Sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Less about the musical quality and more on the showmanship. Her songs aren't exactly entertaining to me, but she's got stage presence, it's like Madonna last year, it was less about the music and more about the overall visual performance.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you think about it, lots of people "watch" the superbowl for the commercials. So it perfectly caters to those people.

Oh well. More time to get snacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Less about the musical quality and more on the showmanship. Her songs aren't exactly entertaining to me, but she's got stage presence, it's like Madonna last year, it was less about the music and more about the overall visual performance.
    I don't have any data to back this up, but isn't that playing a losing game? I'd figure an act like Mumford and Sons would accrue so much more love from the live and television audiences because of the merit of their music. Football's a passionate sport, so a passionate musical act would seem so much more successful.

I dunno though, I guess they must have some good data on halftime shows that I'm not aware of.

Beyonce is still vastly more popular than Mumford and Sons. I can name a ton of people who dont even know who the hell that is. Everybody knows Beyonce.

The thing with the Super Bowl is it isnt a normal football game. TONS of people who arent even football fans watch it. Its why they go for the broad family friendly appeal. Kids watch, Old timers watch, wives and teenage girls watch, and the die hard football fans watch. Its an American event. Im not really thrilled about it being Beyonce but I completely understand it.

If Vick could not turn over the ball constantly I would put some blame on the defense, but until thats fixed its all on the offense.
    eagles have had the lead in 5 of 6 games with 5 mins to go or less

reid is responsible for the offense and he's not firing himself, 6 of vick's turnovers weren't no him at all, 2 drops that became picks, 2 bad snaps and 2 handoffs that mccoy and brown dropped

vick hasn't been great, but the eagles should be 5-1 right now even though vick is on pace to be the most hit QB in a season in NFL history (17 times per game right now, league averae is 8, only 4 players have been hit more than him and they're all 4 running backs). offense has some issues, mostly playcalling and how horrible the OL, defense is a mess because the players are at odds with the playcalling late in games

reid is either gonna run a west coast or get fired for another 8-8 season
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2012-10-17 at 04:43 AM.

Who you can name has nothing to do with it.

Babel is the fastest selling debut album in US history (600,000 copies sold), and its US Billboard 200 peak position is 1, where it still current resides (even if they play fucking bland, pathetic excuse for folk music, but that's my opinion). Their previous album featured one of the most popular radio singles in the US which led to a grammy, and it also sold platinum 2 times over the US, 4 times over in the UK, and multiple platinums elsewhere. Their two singles off their latest album are on every single radio station, and have been since the album dropped.

Beyonce's album sales of her 2008 album mirrors M&S's Sigh No More, and her latest (2011) album is at 1x Platinum in the US. Her singles received similar playtime as well. Obviously Beyonce's demographics differ from M&S's, with a clear advantage in female audiences, whereas M&S grabs a significant male audience.

It's naiive to think M&S is somehow insignificant in the scope of Beyonce's popularity in the US, and especially in the UK (where a large group of viewers also exist).

I also fail to see how Beyonce is a broad family appeal. Younger women, American Idol watchers and perhaps people who loved her in the 90's and early 2000's may be enthralled, but that's (I'm assuming) not the biggest demographic when it comes to those who watch the halftime show. If anything, something like M&S would be the best to appeal to a "family" setting, since they're popular with a larger variety of age groups.

My guess is they want to try and capture a new-ish demographic that wouldn't watch the superbowl unless Beyonce was playing. Then again, I don't have the data they have. For all I know, it could be an absolutely insanely-huge fuckton of dance-pop fans watching halftime shows.

guys watch football. beyonce has a great ass. that's why beyonce is there.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    its like hes saying what we we're all thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    Actually what I keep hearing from analysts and commentators is that more women watch football than ever. I don't think that's a good position to have to justify having Beyonce show up for the Super Bowl.

Course, for me, I wouldn't like anyone they got.