Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    If you call a minor self-healing nerf a "nerfbat" when the class is still one-shoting everyone in PvP, I wonder what you will say when they'll nerf Stampede by 75%
    so rabid nerf just is ignored for the sake of your argument, am I right?

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 09:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    My dots tick 2-3k. I have hard casted 3 starfires and 2 wraths in about 100 games this season.
    and how many instant starsurges ?

so rabid nerf just is ignored for the sake of your argument, am I right?
    Rabid nerf changed nothing, so pretty much ignored yeah.

Rabid nerf changed nothing, so pretty much ignored yeah.
    good, so i know to ignore anything you say now since you just puke out baseless garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    good, so i know to ignore anything you say now since you just puke out baseless garbage
    Just talk to anyone decent, on your realm or even glance over at arena junkies, Rabid nerf changed nothing and you're just embarrassing yourself.

Just talk to anyone decent, on your realm or even glance over at arena junkies, Rabid nerf changed nothing and you're just embarrassing yourself.
    i dont need to talk to anyone on my realm, or read the joke of a forum that is AJ.

I have a hunter and I can see first hand how rabid affected my burst, it went from ridiculous to extremely strong and manageable by good players.

You cannot defend BM hunters. Literally s5 dk/ret level right now if not worse. People tend to forget that besides their insane burst which is clearly OP, they still have great instant cc (scatter, silencing, traps), a knockback (who thought this was a good idea...), pet damage through LOS, an immunity cd (basically), an MS, utility (masters call, tranq shot, flare, camo to prevent opens).

A well played MM hunter in cata was very strong, now they still have all the utility and cc as before but now with stupid burst, mostly from a pet which is harder to deal with and a few new tricks (like intimidation and a knockback).

i dont need to talk to anyone on my realm, or read the joke of a forum that is AJ.

I have a hunter and I can see first hand how rabid affected my burst, it went from ridiculous to extremely strong and manageable by good players.
    it's manageable when 1500s hunter meet 2400s players.

The state of arena right now is disgusting, every now and then you have the occasonial decent game where CC, position and reaction matter, but most of the time is a braindead one-shoting someone while no one can do anything about it.

Even good hunters and warriors are aware of it and are awaiting the nerf, but you dont seem to fit in that group.

how is a pet harder to deal with? It doesn't have deterrence and cannot RoS itself, it's a prime kill target for loads of teams out there. Kill the pet and hunter is useless, e can only res it instantly once every 8 minutes and if you can't stop a 5 second+ pet rez you deserve to lose anyway.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 10:29 PM ----------

it's manageable when 1500s hunter meet 2400s players.

The state of arena right now is disgusting, every now and then you have the occasonial decent game where CC, position and reaction matter, but most of the time is a braindead one-shoting someone while no one can do anything about it.

Even good hunters and warriors are aware of it and are awaiting the nerf, but you dont seem to fit in that group.
    It's already been nerfed, i never supported the iteration of BM before this anyway. Believe AJ or whatever you want but hunters cannot kill someone in 4 seconds anymore if the target has a brain.

It's already been nerfed, i never supported the iteration of BM before this anyway. Believe AJ or whatever you want but hunters cannot kill someone in 4 seconds anymore if the target has a brain.
    The nerf is irrelevant, the stampede still kill people at the same speed as before, no one serious think the nerf did anything

The nerf is irrelevant, the stampede still kill people at the same speed as before, no one serious think the nerf did anything
    lol another person who thinks stampede was the majority of the burst.

The ONLY reason stampede did any damage is gone now: every pet having 25% increased attack power plus the high scaling on claw/bite meant the first 2-3 would do some really heavy damage.

Now rabid is 70% attack speed, it means lynx rush has 25% less attack power attached to it and stampede pets are just mediocre dot damage instead of the high burst we had before which was really overpowered.

The ONLY reason stampede did any damage is gone now: every pet having 25% increased attack power plus the high scaling on claw/bite meant the first 2-3 would do some really heavy damage.

Now rabid is 70% attack speed, it means lynx rush has 25% less attack power attached to it and stampede pets are just mediocre dot damage instead of the high burst we had before which was really overpowered.
    So you litteraly think Stampede isnt the majority of the burst ? Because it was and it always is. Everyone who pvp knows that.
    Blink rush was a detail, so was claw being stronger at 50% focus getting buffed by attack power, Stampede is still the core of the problem and the rabid chnge changed nothing apart from swapping the 25k 25k 25k in the combat log by 8k*100

PvP is dead right now, no one want to play that shit

This. After the fix BM Hunters are very manageable. Any decent comp using the right strategy can easily survive their burst now.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think we all know that BM hunters need a change. it's a bit redonkulus.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by preposterous View Post
    only stupid people still get raped by mages. burst is so predictable
    120k frost bomb & 45k ice lance crits are not normal on a 55% resi player.

So you litteraly think Stampede isnt the majority of the burst ? Because it was and it always is. Everyone who pvp knows that.
    Blink rush was a detail, so was claw being stronger at 50% focus getting buffed by attack power, Stampede is still the core of the problem and the rabid chnge changed nothing apart from swapping the 25k 25k 25k in the combat log by 8k*100

PvP is dead right now, no one want to play that shit
    all i can take away from your posts is that you don't pvp at all and are just basing everything on what you "heard" and from AJ. Attack speed has never been a desirable buff for melee over attack power or % damage since nobody dies in arena to a steady stream of damage only large bursts.

people were dying in an intimidate stun with cds up because there's a small human delay on when they realise theyre stunned and when they can trinket and then use defensives. Before they would just die anyway because that 1 second it took to trinket and use a def cooldown was all the hunter needed since all the stampede pets crit 40k with claws and main pet was lynx rushing. However now since it was changed to attack speed, lynx rush does a lot less damage and the stampede pets cant hit that high.

So now people are given some reaction time and you will see that it's not that hard to live through BM cooldowns, take kripps video for example when his pet soloed the druid. He hadn't even popped tree form and was running around thinking his hots would save him. How can you justify NOT using a defensive cooldown when someone uses a FIVE MINUTE cooldown to do damage with?

Deleted
    Warriors with Malevolent weapons are going to be funny. 18k top dmg on t2 and 10% extra dmg in pvp power on weapon alone - really funny...

all i can take away from your posts is that you don't pvp at all and are just basing everything on what you "heard" and from AJ. Attack speed has never been a desirable buff for melee over attack power or % damage since nobody dies in arena to a steady stream of damage only large bursts.

people were dying in an intimidate stun with cds up because there's a small human delay on when they realise theyre stunned and when they can trinket and then use defensives. Before they would just die anyway because that 1 second it took to trinket and use a def cooldown was all the hunter needed since all the stampede pets crit 40k with claws and main pet was lynx rushing. However now since it was changed to attack speed, lynx rush does a lot less damage and the stampede pets cant hit that high.

So now people are given some reaction time and you will see that it's not that hard to live through BM cooldowns, take kripps video for example when his pet soloed the druid. He hadn't even popped tree form and was running around thinking his hots would save him. How can you justify NOT using a defensive cooldown when someone uses a FIVE MINUTE cooldown to do damage with?
    You dont like what I say, so you assume I dont PvP. I can assure you that I do, or that I used to do before this season went fuill retard. And it was probably at a much higher level than you. Also, attack speed was never a desirable stat, that's why they traded 25% damage for 60% attack speed, damage at the end is the same, burst is the same.

People are now given some reaction times so skilled players can now tank the dudebro pressing his one-shot button. Great, now they are given the chance to go deeply into the world of the BM hunter, and witness the magic of Readyness, reset cooldown and get one-shot'd again.

Also, not blowing a defensive cooldown to hold an offensive cooldown is a perfectly legit strategy, it's actually one of the core design of high level arena, you try to force your opponent to blow the biggest numbers of cooldowns while you use a minimal amount, it's called playing efficiently, or doing a good trade, and is the prime way of getting the upper hand against the other team.

Obviously, this strategy have no future against BM hunter or Warriors, because if you dont blow everything you will simply die.
    Last edited by Gangresnake; 2012-10-17 at 12:51 PM.

You dont like what I say, so you assume I dont PvP. I can assure you that I do, or that I used to do before this season went fuill retard. And it was probably at a much higher level than you. Also, attack speed was never a desirable stat, that's why they traded 25% damage for 60% attack speed, damage at the end is the same, burst is the same.

People are now given some reaction times so skilled players can now tank the dudebro pressing his one-shot button. Great, now they are given the chance to go deeply into the world of the BM hunter, and witness the magic of Readyness, reset cooldown and get one-shot'd again.

Also, not blowing a defensive cooldown to hold an offensive cooldown is a perfectly legit strategy, it's actually one of the core design of high level arena, you try to force your opponent to blow the biggest numbers of cooldowns while you use a minimal amount, it's called playing efficiently, or doing a good trade, and is the prime way of getting the upper hand against the other team.

Obviously, this strategy have no future against BM hunter or Warriors, because if you dont blow everything you will simply die.
    this season has always been full retard, so i have to assume you haven't played at all.

If you don't understand that the change between attack power buff and attack speed means there's less burst I really don't know how well you understand this game but from that I can tell at least you don't understand the concept of burst.

DPS over time is not important in this current pvp, everything relies on bursting something down in the duration of a cc now.

If a hunter uses readiness just to get another BW because the first round didn't finish the target then that's the prime time to cc him since he's used both is cc breakers without you using any ccs. All that's left is a trinket and with the retarded amount of cc every class has these days it's not that hard to cc him again after he's used it.

That's why you don't see any hunters playing at high levels just rushing in with all cooldowns popped because it's SO easy to counter if you have a clue.

Not using a defensive cooldown when a hunter has used ALL of his is just asking to die, if you can afford to not use cooldowns then by all means that's your advantage but really if you live through a BM hunter's cooldowns you've won the fight since they need at least 1 minute to even do any real damage and let's be honest 3 minutes to potentially do any lethal damage (rapid fire).

Trying to conserve cooldowns works against other comps like shatterplay, RLS, shadowplay etc where they rely on sustained pressure to force cooldowns and THEN burst, they can do this since they have short cooldown damage increasing abilities like deep freeze and shadow dance. Hunter teams don't have sustained damage, BM damage is completely shit without cooldowns, anyone trying to say any different doesn't play a hunter and only has experience getting killed with cooldowns up.

Yes this strategy doesn't work on warriors and hunters since you don't use the same strat against every comp, something you might learn if you played arena at any level.

Deleted
    Met a i think 500k life prot warrior with second wind. Oh god.

Oh god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    It is very very likely that Taste for Blood will be nerfed. I don't know who at Blizzard was stupid enough to make it stackable to 5. And Warrior burst combined with their mobility is quite ridicoules. It will eventually get changed, because currently it's far too overtuned. At least with the current mobility and CC.

I also don't understand your logic.. First you are saying that unless you get outplayed then you shouldn't lose any 1v1. Well isnt that the exact definition of being overpowered? And your excuse is that if second wind is being nerfed you aren't able to 1v1? But didn't you state a paragraph lower that 1v1 doesn't matter? Then why do you care wether or not they revamp second wind in order to not make you invincible in most 1v1 cases?

I wont bother commenting on this. If you are whining about druid run speed and paladins having 2 bubbles, and if you honestly believe that both frost DKs and warlocks do more damage than warriors do in a competetive pvp environment (let me give you a hint; killing a target matters, having a dot up on a pet that wont die anyway doesn't count as effective damage) then I don't really have much to discuss with you.
    And if you think any caster outside of cooldowns can do any serious damage output, if any damage at all, with a warrior on them (and without getting serious peeling) then you are in denial.
    so you are going to sit there and say that dks do not do more damage then warriors?they do,like i said warriors have great burst once every 5 mins-thats it.yeah im an crying about druids run speed in pvp-its not good for the game at all.nor is that fucking kite people are using in bgs also.pallys have much more then just two bubbles,they have stuns and what seems to be endless use of freedoms.

cant understand what you are saying about locks and dks not being able to kill a target in pvp.these two classes do a ton of damage and locks can hit for well over 200k.now throw in mage damage "yes its top end" and then shadows damage alone with there self healing and shadow has it all.

tell me how do warriors get a kill without popping cds?3-5min long outside of that warrior damage is fine.you say casters have to blow cds to land a kill,well warrior have to do the same.the only problem is warrior cd's are much longer.also if you think any warrior can do damage while cc'ed your crazy.all players have to do is disarm,fear,stun,root ect the warrior once every 5 min when he poops he cds.hell classes are now just running away from skull banner when a warrior pops it.

warriors can be CC'ed = balanced compared to the other classes.hunters cant be cc'ed,instant fears cant be stopped,op'ed off healing,op'ed speed/movement while flying across a bg cant be stopped.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Met a i think 500k life prot warrior with second wind. Oh god.

Oh god.
    you can take that prot warrior from 100% down to 30% without him getting 1 self heal.its the last 30% where our heals kick in,thats not op'ed at all.with a self heal only kicking in at -30%,it need to be strong,its the only thing that keeps you alive against classes with endless damage/healing.its not like warriors tanks "pvp"do a shit ton of damage,but rather just hard to kill under 30%.