Healing Elegon burn phase

Out of curiosity, does anyone of you swap talents for Elegon? Majority of the holy paladins I see are specced into Divine Purpose, but I wonder if Sanctified Wrath or Holy Avenger would be better for the final burn phase.

Granted all I pretty much did there was spamming holy radiance/light of dawn and burning my mana, but I am wondering if having more control over RNG would be better that phase.

If it helps, I'm healing it with a very awesome holy priest, but we were both pretty low on mana due to a spark phase not that great.

Thanks.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen many Paladins running Divine Purpose as well, but I dont think that it is a reliable talent. Most of the top logs are from paladins who use it, but this is in part because they got very lucky with it. You could use the talent and not get any procs during the burn phase (or the whole fight for that matter) and then you'd be far worse off. I think that for control's sake its best to go with Holy Avenger or Sanctified Wrath. I personally use Holy Avenger to have an extra button to push for longer phases like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerfax View Post
    I've seen many Paladins running Divine Purpose as well, but I dont think that it is a reliable talent. Most of the top logs are from paladins who use it, but this is in part because they got very lucky with it. You could use the talent and not get any procs during the burn phase (or the whole fight for that matter) and then you'd be far worse off. I think that for control's sake its best to go with Holy Avenger or Sanctified Wrath. I personally use Holy Avenger to have an extra button to push for longer phases like that.
    Divine Purpose is pretty random, however when it goes off, it really goes off! I've had it proc 5-6 times in a row off itself, and it procs 2-3 times in a row pretty often too.

In addition, you're using DP for conservation as much as anything else. The mana it saves you earlier in the fight is giving you more room to spam on the danger moments.

Its just flat-out better than the other 2 in terms of throughput hpm hps you name it. The procs almost never go to waste and chain procs are the equivilant of a tranquility. Yes sometimes it doesn't proc, but the lack of procs shouldn't keep you from a kill and procs might get you a kill when you wouldn't have had one otherwise.

The main key to elegon healing in the final phase is to go into it with 85%+ mana. I often start out with guardian as people drop extremely low right off the bat and guardian is great at bouncing people back up. Once I get my 5stack of haste I throw down a light's hammer which empowers it greatly. Then I just rotate raid cooldowns with the other healers/dps until we get the kill. The range are all stacked next to the edge so they can reset quicker and the melee get all of my holy shocks.
    Last edited by silverhatred; 2012-10-18 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerfax View Post
    Unless you enter burn phases with more mana than you could spend anyway, DP helps by saving you mana whenever it procs; and it procs a lot.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I was skeptical about DP but when I see it proc 6-8 times in a row I fall in love again. 7 procs in a row tonight for a nice EF blanket. Nom nom.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

On that note, the spell is surely still bugged? I know proccing 5/6 times in a row is possible, but it seems to happen much more regularly than the odds would suggest? I suppose we shouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    The range are all stacked next to the edge so they can reset quicker and the melee get all of my holy shocks.
    Does your group split up and reset their stacks? Our group just all stacked in the middle for aoe healing and burned through the end without resetting stacks.

My group just sits in the middle and doesn't reset stacks. We also two heal it, Holy Paladin and MW Monk. Seemed to work out yesterday, I use Holy Avenger and its just very strong, which I like.