Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...interesting. I thought I said int gems.
    {[( )]}

I think the best way to say this is: Below the hit cap: Hit > Haste > Crit > Mastery, above the hit cap: Haste > Hit = Crit > Mastery (hit's reforge potential is equal to crit's). If you can reach 8085 haste rating by gemming haste over intellect, do it. Once you pass 8085 haste rating, start switching the haste gems back into int gems, as long as you stay above 8085.
    How is Hit = Crit above hit cap?

Can anyone tell me if the new way the weapon enchants proc have changed which is best? Last i heard was JS>WS>EF
    Still true?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurohoshi View Post
    How is Hit = Crit above hit cap?
    Because you'll be reforging it into crit or haste. The ENTIRE point of stat weighting is so that you can choose your gear. If you're currently at the hit cap, you don't just ignore every piece of hit gear you find because you don't need any more hit.

"It doesn't matter if the item has hit or crit, you'll want to reforge it to haste. If you can't reforge hit to haste, then you want to leave it alone, or reforge it to crit. If you can't reforge crit to haste, then you want to leave it alone, or reforge it to hit."
    {[( )]}

Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    Because you'll be reforging it into crit or haste. The ENTIRE point of stat weighting is so that you can choose your gear. If you're currently at the hit cap, you don't just ignore every piece of hit gear you find because you don't need any more hit.

"It doesn't matter if the item has hit or crit, you'll want to reforge it to haste. If you can't reforge hit to haste, then you want to leave it alone, or reforge it to crit. If you can't reforge crit to haste, then you want to leave it alone, or reforge it to hit."
    It is indeed very confusing. When you are over the hit cap hit has no value and crit still has value so how can hit = crit? Even if you can reforge they are not equal?

I think you are making it more complicated than you need to. It is obvious you reforge hit when you are over the hit cap to the next best stat (haste). It's also obvious that you reforge crit to haste when there is no haste on the item or to hit when you are not already hit capped. Saying hit = crit is just very confusing and not even true. Hit > crit when not hit capped and everything > hit when hit capped.
    But I am not a theorycrafter so I could be completely wrong.

Deleted
    Could anyone explain me these results??? I'm actually very confused.

Here you got my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldarc/advanced

Very appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    What fight style did you set it to, length of fight did you set, what skill level did you set, what buffs did you input for it to give you, and how many iterations did you use? All of those things can change results substantially.

Deleted
    Thanks for answering Arlee!

Iterations 50k
    Lag: Low
    Length: 600s
    Fight Style: Patchwerk
    TL: Raid Boss
    TR: Humanoid
    Num Enemies: 1
    Player Skill Elite
    All buffs and debuffs

Deleted
    Confused about what the numbers mean or confused why haste isn't your best stat?

If it's the later keep in mind that the ranking listed on mosts sites usually assumes raiding gear and the value of stats can variy quite a bit depending on the gear level - especially haste does have sweet spots.
    Here a simulationcraft plot of haste, crit, mastery with my curreny ilvl 470 gear.

As you can see haste isn't all that good at some points however it does gain quite a bit once you've reached certain levels.
    This is why sites do recommend stacking haste until you get to 8085
    Quote Originally Posted by howtopriest.com
    Below SWP-2 Haste Breakpoint (8085 Haste)
    Int > Spell Power > Haste > Hit=Spirit > Crit > Mastery

Above SWP-2 Haste Breakpoint (8085 Haste)
    Int > Spell Power > Hit=Spirit > Crit > Mastery >= Haste

My sim keeps telling me that the spirit meta is better than the int meta. Is it?!?
    Gear Score is the Jonas Brothers of World of Warcraft

with the huge amount of spirit the spirit meta gem gives compared to the int one, sometimes it is.

it all comes down to your reforging i think.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    with the huge amount of spirit the spirit meta gem gives compared to the int one, sometimes it is.

it all comes down to your reforging i think.
    It started happening when I hit the swp plateau. I think you're right! I'll change it then.
    Gear Score is the Jonas Brothers of World of Warcraft

Assuming you are above hit cap and reforging would still leave you at or above hit cap.
    1. If an item has hit and haste on it you should reforge the hit to crit.
    2. If an item has haste and crit you should NEVER reforge that crit to hit.

Therefore hit =/= crit.

Thanks for answering Arlee!

Iterations 50k
    Lag: Low
    Length: 600s
    Fight Style: Patchwerk
    TL: Raid Boss
    TR: Humanoid
    Num Enemies: 1
    Player Skill Elite
    All buffs and debuffs
    OK so all of that seems to be in order there, the main thing that is probably making haste rate so low for you is because you are past all the +1 haste points and not even remotely close to any of the +2 points (the closest one is DP at 8064). Kilee has a really good graph here to see what all the points are. Honestly I don't think you really need to change much, you still obviously want to keep getting more haste gear, only thing you might want to change is some of your reforging, but that likely isn't a big deal for where you are with gear atm.

Completely unrelated note, wtg getting exactly 15% hit

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by andremello View Post
    My sim keeps telling me that the spirit meta is better than the int meta. Is it?!?
    Are you under hit cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Are you under hit cap?
    Nope. 10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you are above hit cap and reforging would still leave you at or above hit cap.
    1. If an item has hit and haste on it you should reforge the hit to crit.
    2. If an item has haste and crit you should NEVER reforge that crit to hit.

Therefore hit =/= crit.
    You're forgetting the fact that whenever you get a piece that adds or removes hit, the way your ENTIRE gear set is reforged needs to change, which is the point of my statement that you quoted.

If hit has zero value above the hit cap, every single new piece of hit gear that drops would be immediately devalued to the point where you'd never want it. Is this how you upgrade your gear? Never pick up new hit gear once you reach the hit cap?

I'll say it again, when ranking gear, and you plan on being at the hit cap, hit has the same value as crit due to its reforge potential.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 04:09 PM ----------

OK so all of that seems to be in order there, the main thing that is probably making haste rate so low for you is because you are past all the +1 haste points and not even remotely close to any of the +2 points (the closest one is DP at 8064). Kilee has a really good graph here to see what all the points are. Honestly I don't think you really need to change much, you still obviously want to keep getting more haste gear, only thing you might want to change is some of your reforging, but that likely isn't a big deal for where you are with gear atm.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 02:35 PM ----------

Are you under hit cap?
    Also, for Patchwerk, haste WILL sim the lowest past the haste breakpoint. The problem is that very few fights can be considered patchwerk fights, and haste is much better for any fight that isn't patchwerk.
    {[( )]}

Deleted
    Haha I must admit that's been pure luck! ;D

TY every1 for your answers. I'll keep stacking haste and "removing" mastery.

But another doubt I had was... Int scores 3.06 and secondary stats <1. Wouldn't it be better to socket my gear with Int gems instead of Spi+Haste then?

Also, for Patchwerk, haste WILL sim the lowest past the haste breakpoint. The problem is that very few fights can be considered patchwerk fights, and haste is much better for any fight that isn't patchwerk.
    That is a rather valid point as well, thanks for pointing it out

Haha I must admit that's been pure luck! ;D

TY every1 for your answers. I'll keep stacking haste and "removing" mastery.

But another doubt I had was... Int scores 3.06 and secondary stats <1. Wouldn't it be better to socket my gear with Int gems instead of Spi+Haste then?
    Yea the only reason I didn't mention it is because you are right at 15% which is the ideal spot for it. You could drop those for pure int but honestly you'll probably replace the blues pretty quickly so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

You're forgetting the fact that whenever you get a piece that adds or removes hit, the way your ENTIRE gear set is reforged needs to change, which is the point of my statement that you quoted.

If hit has zero value above the hit cap, every single new piece of hit gear that drops would be immediately devalued to the point where you'd never want it. Is this how you upgrade your gear? Never pick up new hit gear once you reach the hit cap?

I'll say it again, when ranking gear, and you plan on being at the hit cap, hit has the same value as crit due to its reforge potential.

Yes, every time you get new gear you have to look at what you need and reforge. What I'm saying is unless you can reforge to exactly 15.00 there is a difference. If your are above 15.00, even if it is 15.01 then that .01 is wasted and would be better spent on crit, it would even be better as mastery. Saying that hit = crit above hit cap is completely wrong. Yes, they should both be reforged into haste but they aren't equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, every time you get new gear you have to look at what you need and reforge. What I'm saying is unless you can reforge to exactly 15.00 there is a difference. If your are above 15.00, even if it is 15.01 then that .01 is wasted and would be better spent on crit, it would even be better as mastery. Saying that hit = crit above hit cap is completely wrong. Yes, they should both be reforged into haste but they aren't equal.
    So, when looking at a new piece of gear that just dropped, just how much would you value a hit/haste piece compared to a crit/haste piece, assuming both of them have the same rating values?
    {[( )]}