Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deetdeetdeet View Post
    Doesn't the beginning to every story line of the game, including the movies, start out by saying "Long, long ago"?
    I could be sleepy and having a fail recall moment but I think it is just "In a galaxy far far away"... but now I am wondering...

Deleted
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away.....

Considering the expectations / result ratio, SWTOR is the biggest failure in the game industry. Considering also the money invested in it, the developers' arrogance and their flamboyant marketing video and interviews, it is BY FAR the biggest fucking incredible failure in the game industry.

Fast forward no even a year after release and the game is going F2P, the arrogant developers have been fucking fired (should have been shot too) and even the fucking CEO doctors are history, gone to dedicate themselves to "brewing and philanthropy"

But sure, for some it might be the best MMO ever, who cares about delusional freaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Considering the expectations / result ratio, SWTOR is the biggest failure in the game industry. Considering also the money invested in it, the developers' arrogance and their flamboyant marketing video and interviews, it is BY FAR the biggest fucking incredible failure in the game industry.

Fast forward no even a year after release and the game is going F2P, the arrogant developers have been fucking fired (should have been shot too) and even the fucking CEO doctors are history, gone to dedicate themselves to "brewing and philanthropy"

But sure, for some it might be the best MMO ever, who cares about delusional freaks?
    <insert lolumad joke>, well anyhow there have been bigger failures.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

i don't know, man. I don't know the numbers, how much it costs to make or is it profitable or not, and quite frankly i don't care. All i know, i pay (for now) $15 a month, i am having fun, i'm progressing through asation HM, i know denova nightmare comming up next month, that means there is content coming very soon, so i continue to play.

For example, when i go to disneyland, i have no clue about the cost to build that place, all i know is the entrance fee. If the fun is worth it, then i pay, otherwise, i'd go somewhere else.

Deleted
    Because it allows crazy gambits like RE'ing dread guard hilts and succeeding in learning the schematic. And first time critcrafting 2 hilts for the price of one.

Deleted

There's a lot of anger crammed into one post there.....what did that little green fella say???? Oh yes "Pass the salt Miss Piggy"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    Because it allows crazy gambits like RE'ing dread guard hilts and succeeding in learning the schematic. And first time critcrafting 2 hilts for the price of one.
    You lucky so and so!!!

I've now wasted 3 dreadguard RE attempts. No schem learnt. You sir, make me envious! /Shakefist!

OT: TOR isn't the best MMO i've played but I've been enjoying it since launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    after playing swtor for a while and getting 2 50s in the game, ive come to the conclusion that swtor woulda been alot more successful as a single player RPG then as a MMO, based purely on the merits, that it has no end game or its end game was wayyy to easy, that it was done in > a month...(while i dont have any personal experience on the matter, this is what ive heard from friends, i was a pvper in swtor)....so my 2c
    It's < a month.*
    And there is already an RPG Star Wars, actually 2 very good ones. KOTOR1 and KOTOR2.

I loved the game but if it had things that wow has it would of gone farther. Addons, macros, LFD tool etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I support this thread, but I do disagree with you about number 1. SW is a Sci-Fi Fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    I loved the game but if it had things that wow has it would of gone farther. Addons, macros, LFD tool etc.
    It does have LFD, but it could be a lot better.

Addons are not necessary and Raid addons dumb down the game. Macros are more of a luxury. Neither is what the game needs.
    -K

No, it's not. In either case. But if you really need a proof for the first one, just check out Final fantasy XIV. Now THAT is a world-class failure!

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post

Addons are not necessary and Raid addons dumb down the game. Macros are more of a luxury. Neither is what the game needs.
    Um, not quite. Blizzard has already admitted the reason they've been able to make their encounters as complex as they are is BECAUSE of DBM. Maybe if TOR allowed some form of DBM, their Op encounters could be a little more diverse. And macros may be a "luxury", but it's a "luxury" that many players demand from their MMOs. I can agree that cast sequence macros aren't necessary, but the game should have simple macros and the fact that it doesn't makes it a second class citizen to a major portion of the MMORPG demographic. But, yes, the game could definitely use both.

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post

It didn't at launch they added it much later after i quit.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Um, not quite. Blizzard has already admitted the reason they've been able to make their encounters as complex as they are is BECAUSE of DBM. Maybe if TOR allowed some form of DBM, their Op encounters could be a little more diverse. And macros may be a "luxury", but it's a "luxury" that many players demand from their MMOs. I can agree that cast sequence macros aren't necessary, but the game should have simple macros and the fact that it doesn't makes it a second class citizen to a major portion of the MMORPG demographic. But, yes, the game could definitely use both.
    So Blizzard did take any effort away and had to create more complex encounter to create effort.... (WoW crowd things it has the most complexe raids = they are the best raiders) who would have thought. It really isn't surprising at all that the wow crowd has such difficulties in SWTOR raids (omg what just happened... nobody informed me that it's going to happen NOW.... ). To further have macros which are doing the last thing (pushing buttons) you have to do as a player... wouldn't you be better of just watching television which yields the same level of effort?

Deleted
    I really loved my time in SWTOR, and I will be back.
    I also think that EA pushed SWTOR to early so it disapointed a lot of people. Story is great, and I had a real blast leveling, but sadly even that got bored after six months when you leveled one of each class.

Many people complain about the voice overs.. They are skipable, you know that? Personally I loved them, got so much more feel for when you were doing than just skipping stupid quest text in WoW that less than 1% read anyway because everyone just check the built in quest tracker when you need to collect/kill this time.
    I had so much more feel for my Jedi Guardian after leveling him to max, than I ever had on my druid after seven years in WoW. But that is just me.

I am not bashing WoW, it is still a great game (even if it is a bit old), but SWTOR deserves so much more than then negativity it has received. It is actually a great game if you can look pass a the fact that it was a bit rushed and had a few flaws in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    So Blizzard did take any effort away and had to create more complex encounter to create effort.... (WoW crowd things it has the most complexe raids = they are the best raiders) who would have thought. It really isn't surprising at all that the wow crowd has such difficulties in SWTOR raids (omg what just happened... nobody informed me that it's going to happen NOW.... ). To further have macros which are doing the last thing (pushing buttons) you have to do as a player... wouldn't you be better of just watching television which yields the same level of effort?
    First of all, you obviously have very little clue about macros. Especially when it comes to this game. Click targeting in TOR is shit. It's fucking terrible. Tab targeting is just as bad. So, during an encounter, if I have the ability to macro together a target ability with a cast ability (i.e. /target Baradium Bomber, /cast Grapple), it makes things easier. It's not the same as a cast sequence macro (something you're obviously unfamiliar with).

Second, nobody said that WoW raiders were the best raiders. But WoW World First raiders do pretty much the same shit as TOR raiders, with more complex mechanics. DBM usually isn't updated until World First raiders have already written down the amount of time between specific boss abilities, how long those casts are, etc. And, honestly, every player I've played WoW with has had little to no difficulty with this game. Unless there has been a massive overhaul in TOR's raiding, I have yet to find an encounter that is tougher than just trying to beat the enrage timer.

IT'S Not Fantasy. ( are u tired about Fantasy MMO?) well i am tired about fantasy MMO, Finally i can enjoy a game and it's not fantasy
    Star Wars is technically a space fantasy.

Fit the characters from Star Wars into an established arch type from any other fantasy...it can be done quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Star Wars is technically a space fantasy.
    No, its technically fantasy space.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -