Going to try out the haste gems tonight on heroic elegon. Hopefully it works out, 23.24% haste

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Lets see if we can get this thread locked by going off topic and bickering instead of giving useful information and feedback and some solid discussion. I think that getting this locked will help the ret community out most.

/sarcasm

I have the helm and neck both off Galleon (496 ones) and I haven't seen anything on them being discussed really. Where do those items fall in the Normal BIS list (starting heroics tomorrow so for now I wanna know where they are in my normal spot). Thanks.
    BiS Offset piece is shoulders all other pieces will be Tier so until you get tier and upgrade it anything is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account
    How'd you say the Engineering helm compares in the larger picture? Granted that it can be twisted to give you what you need.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    How'd you say the Engineering helm compares in the larger picture? Granted that it can be twisted to give you what you need.
    It's not bad but I'd go for the The Horseman's Horrific Hood just because it's so far over budget. Then of course Heroic Helm from Feng being at the top of the Helm list.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    For normal that certainly isn't required but it's also pride in your numbers so if you like to put forth 100% 4PC T11 is still very viable and I can tell you this much for Heroic Gara it is very much needed. We killed it as the entire raid died it's very very tight enrage timer.
    No, I mean it doesn't require anything from your raid. From my pov padding is something like asking your raid to help you with your dps by making some kind of exceptional/unusual things. Tots on ret, healing you in spirit world etc. Anything else you can perform by yourself while performing raid tasks is just a personal skill. Things like blood aoe on spine are debatable though =)

Quote Originally Posted by DemaioJ View Post
    Is the ilevel on the Hallow's End helm wrong?
    No just very little stamina.

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 08:33 PM ----------

Loving 25man Spiritbinder. Ret is extremely useful to roll Sacred shield on tanks 100% uptime. 3 tank BoPs and roll them Hand of Sacs at the end while clenching your buttcheeks and trigger finger on Healthstone / LoH.

If you are ret and doing this fight. Please sacred shield tanks and Hand them. It trivializes voodoo damage.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-18 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    No just very little stamina.Loving 25man Spiritbinder. Ret is extremely useful to roll Sacred shield on tanks 100% uptime. 3 tank BoPs and roll them Hand of Sacs at the end while clenching your buttcheeks and trigger finger on Healthstone / LoH.

If you are ret and doing this fight. Please sacred shield tanks and Hand them. It trivializes voodoo damage.
    coming from the guy who said divine protection and hands was a DPS loss back in DS. I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    BiS Offset piece is shoulders all other pieces will be Tier so until you get tier and upgrade it anything is good.
    What I had figured, thanks for the confirmation.

15+ Year Old Account
    No just very little stamina.

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 08:33 PM ----------

Loving 25man Spiritbinder. Ret is extremely useful to roll Sacred shield on tanks 100% uptime. 3 tank BoPs and roll them Hand of Sacs at the end while clenching your buttcheeks and trigger finger on Healthstone / LoH.

We did somewhat the same but Paladins just SS w/e the Voodoo Doll target is we used a specific CD rotation for tanks.

Yeah, had to do the same thing when voodoo dolls targets died. Once our healers and tanks has managed their own rotation and people stopped dying, we hit the enrage timer, so I was relieved from that duty and went to patchwerk routine. That fight's dps depends on totem spawn location, that really sucks =\

10+ Year Old Account
    It's so weird seeing haste a desired gem stat. Gonna go by this list though, thank you OP!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Horseman helm should beat normal feng helm. Rep shoulders should be above Epic pvp.

Can't be assed to edit the list atm.

Take advantage of 10% rep from wickerman halloween to get your shado pan rep up if trinket drops are unlucky, wok is solid. keep working on that klaxxi super nice haste /exp ring from an exalted quest 489Ilvl.

Scratch that it's just below Feng's by a few dps. Engi helm is still best normal mode helm. Well.... other then tier ofc.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-19 at 01:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    Going to try out the haste gems tonight on heroic elegon. Hopefully it works out, 23.24% haste
    And, how did that work out for you?

Rep shoulders should be above Epic pvp.
    Why the change and did I just totally waste my conquest?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Why the change and did I just totally waste my conquest?
    Shoulders are one of the least desired VP items. Shoulders are the most desired conquest one.

It's still the best choice.

If I'm unlucky on orders drops again I'm dumping VP on a WoK

A USEFUL proc/use and +240ish str is too good.

If you are VERY VERY unlucky on janxi legs and have high competiton making Klaxxi rep legs an early purchase would be a good investment. PVP belt is comparable to the reputation one and can fill the gap.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-19 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    And, how did that work out for you?
    I didn't really feel a dps increase. I have nothing to compare to though because I hadn't done any elegon attempts with the strength gems because today was our first day. I'll know on next weeks garajal if it really netted a noticeable improvement.

Gems will not make or break your dps period. Switching between the two strong gemming styles even less so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doh, now I see why the shoulders are the off-piece, over-abundance of hit. I am sad for once to have my racial thanks to excessive amounts of hit that blizz put on the BiS gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

[/COLOR]Be sure to do your Garajal 25H kill without entering the spirit realm. Just straight normal realm dpsing the boss.[COLOR="red"]
    *cough*
    not true
    *cough*

Did heroic Gara'jal 25m last night, didn't get good rank because I died to voodoo doll shit right after I popped CDs... ANYWAYS...

Pull with hero, run as you would normally prepot and use cds.
    When your CDs get back up after 5 min (save avenging wrath and second pot, you can use trinket when it comes off CD the first time if it has 2min cd) you SHOULD go inside the add realm and LoH yourself and throw yourself an instant FoL (I even used FoL glyph) and then a 3 holy power word of glory -> judged a target (or HoW if you can kill one is much better) another flas of light (if you got the kill on a mob) and finally the last 3 holy power word of glory then go out of the realm with 30-40% crit and mastery buff -> pop guardian, avenging, trinket, second pot.

On the tries where that worked out (not having voodoo doll basicly) I spiked at 250k + dps whenever I did what I said above and had CDs to back the buff up. Yes you don't do damage for 5-10 seconds but you make up for that 2 or 3 times over when you line up CDs with the buff. Haste also makes this better since lower GCD and shorter CD on shit makes you do more HoW during Avenging (obviously), just goes to show that theory only gets you "that" far.

*edit*
    throwing a link to the best example from our 2-3% wipe last night (killed shortly after that)

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/hwzk9...?s=6322&e=6685

Just check my damage graphs, died twice to voodoo dolls but look at the spike damage we get and compare it to the little drop we get. It's not even close, you gain so much from doing it! I died lost food buff and didn't get rebuffed and I still spiked at 250k I was dead and shot back up to 80k something DPS according to the Skada addon before getting killed by voodoo dolls again. Yeah it's cheesy as fuck but it works, works really well infact.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2012-10-19 at 11:11 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I guess this is something like common sense to all retri palas here except that there is no need to kill anything in spirit realm, just loh yourself and come out.
    Ranked #1 last night.