Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    Yes it was uplift
    Yo Affiniti, I've been following your stream, youtube etc and really been looking into your playstyle. To be honest I hadn't really played like that but though I'd give it a crack on H stone guard tonight and wow, must say it's amazing. Didn't even realise that the output was so high. If you have a minute to scan the logs, would there be anything I could improve on? Cheers man

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2858&e=3214

Hi Affiniti, I saw your last video here in MMO-Champion, and I was Shock about your healing way, I have a few questions if you don't mind.

About in this fight Heroic Will of the Emperor 25 Man Video.

I was shock that you where using only Spinning Crane Kick for healing and Uplift, I mean, you never cast Soothing Mist??

I don't know if you were only healing raid or in that fight is your healing style, but I would like to know, because really is rarely i use Spinning Crane Kick on fights, also I'm in 10 man and is not to much about Aoe Heal than 25man I think..

I'm new and trying to learn the best of Monk Heal

Well If you can Answer thank you, I will really appreciate it.

Regards Heavy.

Deleted
    He is probably using jab as his chi generator and Renewing mists and uplift when the raid is not stacked as chi dump.
    When the raid is stacked and there is heavy aoe he is using renewing mists and spinning crane kick as chi generators and uplift as chi dump.
    It's very basic but effective

If you don't cast RM, you can't Uplift. If you see Uplift being used, that means that RM must be being used as well.

I'm doing a QA session all day today into raid, and streaming heroic elegon and will as well I am more than willing to answer your questions there!

http://twitch.tv/affinitiiBL

What's everybody thinking about Life Cocoon?
    I like the idea of a single-target CD that increases ALL HoTs, making it a great tank-CD -theoretically. But why does the HoT buff portion have to be bound to an extremely weak bubble? Any hc boss kills the bubble with one hit and then it's just a wasted GCD.
    I would really like to see LC have bubble and HoT buff seperated - and the Levitate gone, it's pretty annoying.

For a tank, the HoT component is borderline useful but quite good for casting it on a random DPS. Renewing Mists will do a lot more, and if you decide to Soothing Mists them, the channel acts a HoT and gets full benefit. On the absorb side of Life Cacoon, the absorption amount is not trivial and most certainly not "extremely weak".

It would have trivialized Impale on Madness.

My average absorb from LC tonight (Gara'jal hc kill and Spirit Kings progress) was 113k. That is next to nothing for a tank CD.
    The HoT part is cool and would be great if it would be up for the whole 12s. But tied to the shield, it's just too little for a 2min CD, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    That is next to nothing for a tank CD
    I think you have it backwards, especially with tank stats and cooldowns under consideration - that absorb is substantially noticeable and will scale with tank mitigation and avoidance on top of a Mistweaver's spell power .

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    I think you have it backwards, especially with tank stats and cooldowns under consideration - that absorb is substantially noticeable and will scale with tank mitigation and avoidance on top of a Mistweaver's spell power .
    Exactly what I was thinking but having the improved HoT healing combined with the shield is rather unfortunate, It's a great CD overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    At a really weak rate (if at all?!). As I wrote, my average absorb tonight was around 133k according to WOL, my highest according to Skada was around 175k.

Well, maybe I was a bit too harsh, but considering what Druids and Pallys have (yeah, I know, the grass on the other side...):

Ironbark: flat -20% for 12s.
    Hand of Sacrifice: -30% for up to 12s, at least the Pally's Hp (~400k)

I find both a lot better.
    LC's absorb negates one hit. That is something, but it won't help you for the next few hits the tank takes.
    If the HoT buff would be seperated from the shield we would have an increased healing we could rely on, but the way it is now, that part of the CD is almost useless. And the shield itself might take the edge of for a GCD or two but won't help you afterwards.
    Last edited by ChrisKoe; 2012-10-18 at 09:57 PM.

LC is great for an "OSHIT" moment. It will do something no other cooldown will do : save someone about to die. I've save countless people with it in a raid. I wish the hot portion would indeed be separated from the absortion too, but oh well.

Life Cocoon needs a buff IMO and is something I was hoping would get a revamp prior to release.
    Possibly a hot after its been consumed or such that's double the output of say, Enveloping Mists?

Edit: Check our the main post for updates on the guide, coming soon!

Deleted
    Life Cocoon needs to take it's levitate bullshit and fuck off, killed the raid so many times because it cancels the specials on Feng HC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Life Cocoon needs to take it's levitate bullshit and fuck off, killed the raid so many times because it cancels the specials on Feng HC
    It also appears to cancel the debuff to lighten the ground on Stone Guard.
    Not 100% sure about that (far from it as I didn't spoil a try with my guild just to reproduce the bug...) but my rogue fellow swears it screwed him by removing the buff.

Lc makes my tank lag as hell so i cant use it on him cuz he will prob wipe the raid then :S useles shit imo

If that's the case, then we need to make it known on the official monk forums so blizz can put a hotfix in. Otherwise, we have a would be good tool that's too weak and ruins mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Jekerdud View Post
    If that's the case, then we need to make it known on the official monk forums so blizz can put a hotfix in. Otherwise, we have a would be good tool that's too weak and ruins mechanics
    Made a thread if you guys want to help post in it, hopefully getting the attention of a blue.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933873962

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    At a really weak rate (if at all?!). As I wrote, my average absorb tonight was around 133k according to WOL, my highest according to Skada was around 175k.

Well, maybe I was a bit too harsh, but considering what Druids and Pallys have (yeah, I know, the grass on the other side...):

Ironbark: flat -20% for 12s.
    Hand of Sacrifice: -30% for up to 12s, at least the Pally's Hp (~400k)

I find both a lot better.
    LC's absorb negates one hit. That is something, but it won't help you for the next few hits the tank takes.
    If the HoT buff would be seperated from the shield we would have an increased healing we could rely on, but the way it is now, that part of the CD is almost useless. And the shield itself might take the edge of for a GCD or two but won't help you afterwards.
    Not trying to defend LC here, but consider this:
    - Ironbark matches your LC when the tank would get hit for ~660k (0.2 * x = 133k) without it.
    - Hand of Sacrifice matches your LC when the tank would get hit for ~443k (0.3 * x = 133k) without it, considering most paladins max hp this also seems like a reasonable amount

Only if the tank eats more than those amounts of damage the reduction CDs get stronger.

Furthermore: I just equipped my MW gear (iLvl 469 equipped, meaning mostly 5man heroics + crafted chest + darkmoon trinket) and my LC tooltip already states 142k absorb just with +5% stats. Considering Arcane Intellect and/or Jade Spirit we're easily talking 150k+ here.

Damage reduction wise it's not really far behind (if at all) those spells you mentioned.

The point with the hot increase being tied to the absorb shield still stands though, would be nice if those get seperated.

ccKep: I know that the absorb isn't bad per se. The problem I have with it is that it'll usually only counter 1 or 2 hits from a boss and therefore is a bad - or let's say situational - tank CD.
    If buff and shield would be seperated, it would be great. It would save your tank for a hit or two and let you top him off efficiently. But the way it is now, it just doesn't fit into the line of internal and external tank CDs you could rotate. It is really just an "oh s*** button".