Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfan849 View Post
    What's the general consensus with regards to their updates thus far? From the outside looking in it sounds like they're doing a pretty decent job of things. But it's kinda hard to tell without experiencing it first hand.
    Their updates? Pretty awesome, to be honest. They are fixing all the issues we are telling them about.
    Disconnects? Fixed first day almost entirely, then entirely fixed the second and third day.
    Zombies won't die easily and are glitched? Fixed zombies won't die easily the second day, fixed zombies are glitched for the most part the second day, completely fixed the third day.
    You die of thirst in like, 30 minutes or less? Fixed the second day for the most part, fully fixed the third day.
    Almost no loot? Fixed second & third day (Third because they made it to where people can't just loot, log out, put it in their inventory, log back in and they're in a different server, repeat.)

They seem to be listening to their fanbase on stuff so far, I'm pretty happy about it.

Edit: I may be wrong on a couple of those exact times, but, you can always look it up yourself on their facebook page if you'd like. Easier than nitpicking at my possibly (and likely) flawed memory =P.
    Last edited by SageKalzi; 2012-10-19 at 07:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The animations still need a major overhaul and the zombies are still bugged in a lot of places, you see lots just rooted in one place, unable to move.

I hope they make running and jumping better, as it is terrible at the moment and feels like a 90s game. Animations need major work.

Graphics overall need to be better optimised, but being alpha, it's not a huge concern at the moment.

Another concern is the size of the map, we currently have 30%, Dayz map is going to be much much bigger.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-10-19 at 09:48 AM.

Anyone got a weekend key or some beta invite I can have? Really want to try this game out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Anyone got a weekend key or some beta invite I can have? Really want to try this game out!
    The weekend key isn't useable until the beta on the 31st.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    I am impressed with how quickly they are fixing the bugs we find, other developers should take note.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    The weekend key isn't useable until the beta on the 31st.
    Oh, okey! Nvm then! Going to buy the game the 25th when I get my money anyway, I guess I'll be playing then

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    The animations still need a major overhaul and the zombies are still bugged in a lot of places, you see lots just rooted in one place, unable to move.

I hope they make running and jumping better, as it is terrible at the moment and feels like a 90s game. Animations need major work.

Graphics overall need to be better optimised, but being alpha, it's not a huge concern at the moment.

Another concern is the size of the map, we currently have 30%, Dayz map is going to be much much bigger.
    They fixed the rooted zombies.
    Agreed on running and jumping, but at the same time I don't see it as a high priority compared to better gameplay etc.
    Graphics need to be optimized how? Currently with a GTX 570 the game runs at 50-60 FPS on ultra and the graphics are actually pretty good.
    The total size of the map, considering once we're able to play it, we likely won't see most of it even in our first couple days of playing. Did you see most of DayZ's map within even the first week of playing? Or month? I know it took me a couple months to see about half the map because I kept having to resupply and get a good gun to deal with bandits. Either way, this isn't about DayZ, it's about The War Z.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I am impressed with how quickly they are fixing the bugs we find, other developers should take note.
    Well to be fair, the bugs Ive seen people say have been fixed are just a little more than values in a db or conf file. I only say that in regards to the other developers should take note part. Either way its good they are addressing the communities problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question, I have beta keys and I don't need them anyone know what I should do with them. Or what you guys did with yours?

Edit: All of my keys are gone.
    Last edited by Vober; 2012-10-20 at 05:27 PM.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    Quick question, I have beta keys and I don't need them anyone know what I should do with them. Or what you guys did with yours?
    I'd love one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krytz View Post
    I'd love one!
    Check your PMs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    Check your PMs.

You're my hero. you've made my week thanks a ton!

Deleted
    I wouldnt mind one either, would love to check the game out :-d.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    They fixed the rooted zombies.
    Agreed on running and jumping, but at the same time I don't see it as a high priority compared to better gameplay etc.
    Graphics need to be optimized how? Currently with a GTX 570 the game runs at 50-60 FPS on ultra and the graphics are actually pretty good.
    The total size of the map, considering once we're able to play it, we likely won't see most of it even in our first couple days of playing. Did you see most of DayZ's map within even the first week of playing? Or month? I know it took me a couple months to see about half the map because I kept having to resupply and get a good gun to deal with bandits. Either way, this isn't about DayZ, it's about The War Z.
    Zombies are not fixed.

On Ultra your card will run at crazy temps and run at 99% load, Battlefield has far better graphics and doesn't do this. This is how it requires to be optimised.

Yes a massive map is better, but they have stated future maps will be bigger than Dayz, so that's fine.

Zombies are not fixed.

On Ultra your card will run at crazy temps and run at 99% load, Battlefield has far better graphics and doesn't do this. This is how it requires to be optimised.

Yes a massive map is better, but they have stated future maps will be bigger than Dayz, so that's fine.
    I noticed my GPU runs hot on this game. (560 Ti - Not the best GPU, but also not the worst)

Zombies are not fixed.

Zombies have been fixed on mine since yesterday when I posted that.

My card didn't run at crazy temps or at 99%. Battlefield may have better graphics but it's not loading items & zombies into the world constantly.

A massive map isn't necessarily better, I'm okay with a "smaller" (Colorado sized) sized map because it's going to take awhile to explore it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    Their updates? Pretty awesome, to be honest. They are fixing all the issues we are telling them about.
    Disconnects? Fixed first day almost entirely, then entirely fixed the second and third day.
    Zombies won't die easily and are glitched? Fixed zombies won't die easily the second day, fixed zombies are glitched for the most part the second day, completely fixed the third day.
    You die of thirst in like, 30 minutes or less? Fixed the second day for the most part, fully fixed the third day.
    Almost no loot? Fixed second & third day (Third because they made it to where people can't just loot, log out, put it in their inventory, log back in and they're in a different server, repeat.)

They seem to be listening to their fanbase on stuff so far, I'm pretty happy about it.

Edit: I may be wrong on a couple of those exact times, but, you can always look it up yourself on their facebook page if you'd like. Easier than nitpicking at my possibly (and likely) flawed memory =P.
    Yeah, the order isn't all *that* important to me. But I am glad to hear that they seem to be doing alright with their updates. I decided to buy into the Beta, since the deal was ending today (they extended it, but I didn't know that). So here's hoping they manage to keep on top of things. Thanks for the response (and same to those who gave their opinion that I didn't quote).

I have 3 guest codes that I'm not going to use, if anyone wants one pm me or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was having a great day on the game, Found a group of 4 we ended up being a group of 8. Then the last person that came in our group killed the leader stole his gun and killed all of us. He ended up dying a few seconds later then left the server and never said one thing..

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to see some proof that you guys started work on this before DayZ came out...