Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A lot of people play enhance wrong in PVP. It's not an all out offensive spec. It's strengths lie in it's utility and support. It's a niche playstyle and if you want to wrack up kill streaks rather than be the behind the scenes reason your team wins then you're playing the wrong spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

As long as you don't run into a BM hunter Enhc seems fine atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    There are so many things wrong with this post I don't even know where to start. Enhance is the worst melee for mobility. As soon as you pop Ascendence I'm cc'ing you wasting your CD. You won't even have enough uptime on most good classes to build maelstrom stacks for healing, cc, and damage. You will be ran OOM because you can't stay in melee range to proc mana return. I don't know what bads you are fighting but they are not indicative of what this class can do...which isn't much. Some classes are so OP right now they are carrying other bad classes. Classes like warrior and hunters can carry any class right now because they can solo the other team. Watch Kripparrian's videos.
    Respectfully I really will have to disagree with everything you say. Enhance is viable which is why alot of good PvP players (not yourself) are looking at enhancement as partners. I and many others have no problem staying on a target at 2150 MMR at present. I cannot speak from experience this season above that but I have seens streams of higher rated play where they are not as bad as your making out.

Telling me to 'watch Kripparrians video's' for a point of reference because all that guy does is advertise broken mechanics for amusement purposes...

Quote Originally Posted by Burntfinger View Post
    Respectfully I really will have to disagree with everything you say. Enhance is viable which is why alot of good PvP players (not yourself) are looking at enhancement as partners. I and many others have no problem staying on a target at 2150 MMR at present. I cannot speak from experience this season above that but I have seens streams of higher rated play where they are not as bad as your making out.

Telling me to 'watch Kripparrians video's' for a point of reference because all that guy does is advertise broken mechanics for amusement purposes...
    Nothing I said in my post is wrong in any way. Enhance does have the worst mobility of any melee spec. Any team that doesn't CC you the moment you use Ascendence is bad and deserves to lose. There are only 2 melee classes that use mana and paladins regen their mana passively while you require uptime on targets to regen your mana. Against good players you won't get that uptime.

P.S. I told you to watch Kripp's videos to show how OP hunters are and how easy it would be for your arena partner to 2v1 most teams without you. Hunters are the most broken spec in pvp right now so teaming up with one then claiming your class is good at pvp is hard to prove. I'm not saying enhance can't get good ratings but you are definitely the weakest melee spec to do it with.

P.S.S I play all the classes at high level so I can be unbiased towards a particular class as I don't have a main.

Nothing I said in my post is wrong in any way. Enhance does have the worst mobility of any melee spec. Any team that doesn't CC you the moment you use Ascendence is bad and deserves to lose. There are only 2 melee classes that use mana and paladins regen their mana passively while you require uptime on targets to regen your mana. Against good players you won't get that uptime.

P.S. I told you to watch Kripp's videos to show how OP hunters are and how easy it would be for your arena partner to 2v1 most teams without you. Hunters are the most broken spec in pvp right now so teaming up with one then claiming your class is good at pvp is hard to prove. I'm not saying enhance can't get good ratings but you are definitely the weakest melee spec to do it with.

P.S.S I play all the classes at high level so I can be unbiased towards a particular class as I don't have a main.
    Why WOULDNT you CC a pally when he pops wings?
    Or stun a warrior when he pops Avatar?
    Or silence a lock when they pop DS?
    Or fear a hunter's pets during the zoo?

I'm sorry but just because you get CC'd when you pop ascendance PROBABLY means you guys should line your CD's and CC's better, so that the enemy team is busy dealing with other shit than to worry about your ascendance form.

Now mana regen is just stupid, I agree with you there.

Deleted
    Worst mobility of any melee coupled with high uptime requirement (maelstrom) makes enhance clunky and not fun pvp spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post

I'm sorry but just because you get CC'd when you pop ascendance PROBABLY means you guys should line your CD's and CC's better, so that the enemy team is busy dealing with other shit than to worry about your ascendance form.

Oh I totally agree with you on CC'ing other classes when they burst. That was not the point. Other classes have more burst abilities on lower cds and some classes just have very high sustained dps (warriors come to mind). Other classes also have more CC with little to no cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post

quoted for truth...

the mana is a minor issue. a couple times when i havent been paying attention in low importance matches ive realized too ate ive been oom. maybe i havent played enough games to really notice, but i dont think our mana situation is too much worse than it has been before? it could be better thats for sure, but i think offensive dispels are a broken concept as implemented right now so =/
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you here.....Enhance's main glaring issue is their poor mobility, they received the least improvements vs other melee.....even Rets who are tradionally the least mobile have better mobility then us now. And we rely heavily on high uptime for our consistent DPS and many of our mechanics, so that poor mobility leads to poor DPS.

The mana issue is directly related to that as well, our mana regen is outdated at this point. Ret gets 6% mana back every 2 sec which is crazy, plus they got free heals and stuff thru HoP. We still rely on constant melee attacks to regen our mana which is hard to maintain with kiting, snares/roots/cc, and poor mobility tools.

Enhance needs better mobility.....a real (instant) gap closer would help, on a 15-20sec CD.....our Imp GW glyph should be baseline, and IMO the pvp 4 set bonus should be changed to be more interesting like something to do with mobility thru GW or something, or damage related (poss execute, like LL resets at execute level), or CC related like improving wind shear, hex, or stuns.....and the "40%bonus LL damage should be removed from FT and just added directly to LL so we can switch between FT and FB more easily (FT will still do more DPS even without LL buff).

It seems like we are being pushed toward ULF tlaent for pvp cause of the sprint, as the pvp set bonus seems to suggest.....another idea for a diff 4set is to have the sprint not be effected by snares or break all snares when activated so you get a full sprint, otherwise it becomes gimped when you have snares on you and so GW is still needed to quickly close a gap or get away.

Our mana regen needs to be changed too.....I would love the same passive regen rets get, its just much easier, but alternatively they could make it so strikes like SS, LL, and ULE GIVE us mana back, like 5-10% for each one, and then a smaller amount of %mana gained thru passive melee swings......this way even if we only get a few instant strikes off in melee range before enemy escapes we still get some solid regen back.

Deleted
    Enhancement has been bad at pvp ever since vanilla. There are still people around who didn't get the memo ?

In before "but...but...arena...". Ok, fine, shamans, apparently, are better in this stupid, staged pvp environment ruled by gear and fotm comps, if that's is your thing. Arenalol, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    Enhancement has been bad at pvp ever since vanilla. There are still people around who didn't get the memo ?

In before "but...but...arena...". Ok, fine, shamans, apparently, are better in this stupid, staged pvp environment ruled by gear and fotm comps, if that's is your thing. Arenalol, btw.
    you're right, arena is stupid, random battlegrounds are a true test of skill.
    Maeros@Illidan

These threads make me laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaughhh. But seriously this is the one of the best seasons for enhance, we have cool downs, good off healing and survivability. If you don't believe me then why is there enhance shamans right now at 2400 (Im sorry a warrior or a hunter cannot carry someone to 2400 without their partner doing something right). Pardon my french, but you guys need to take your heads out of your asses and stop comparing your class to other classes. I am sure there is other classes that envy enh shamans for their off healing and support. Look at the bright side and realize that you can practically 2 shot someone with your CDs (Yes I have done it at 2100mmr with >100k stormlash and windlash). "Here's a full cup, NOW SHUT THE FULL CUP. Here is a straw, now SUCK IT UP."
    Multi-Glad 2700+ enhance shaman
    Enhance shaman PvP Guide: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11040394000

DEAL WITH IT - Check out my Youtube

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactic6995 View Post
    These threads make me laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaughhh. But seriously this is the one of the best seasons for enhance, we have cool downs, good off healing and survivability. If you don't believe me then why is there enhance shamans right now at 2400 (Im sorry a warrior or a hunter cannot carry someone to 2400 without their partner doing something right). Pardon my french, but you guys need to take your heads out of your asses and stop comparing your class to other classes. I am sure there is other classes that envy enh shamans for their off healing and support. Look at the bright side and realize that you can practically 2 shot someone with your CDs (Yes I have done it at 2100mmr with >100k stormlash and windlash). "Here's a full cup, NOW SHUT THE FULL CUP. Here is a straw, now SUCK IT UP."
    RESPECT BROTAH. PEACE! Exactly what I'm talking about. These guys, 1300 rating come talking as if they were 2,2k+ rating and explaining how to balance the game.

I really wish someone would link one of these 2400 enhance shamans because I just searched all of the 3v3s in both US and EU and the highest rated team I could find with an enhance was EU reck bg with 1450 followed by a 1250 team on rampage US.

Edit: I just realized my post came of kind of as haha u all suck ur a bunch a liars..... it was supposed to be an honest I really would like to see these good enh shamans point me to them pleas.
    Shhh im typing this to u on my i phone on the toilet at work

Quote Originally Posted by Castif View Post
    I really wish someone would link one of these 2400 enhance shamans because I just searched all of the 3v3s in both US and EU and the highest rated team I could find with an enhance was EU reck bg with 1450 followed by a 1250 team on rampage US.

Edit: I just realized my post came of kind of as haha u all suck ur a bunch a liars..... it was supposed to be an honest I really would like to see these good enh shamans point me to them pleas.
    I would also like to see one of these exceptions this season. I know occasionally in the past there was the odd shaman at 2500 but they were pretty godlike.
    RETH

I play a Rogue, so I am impartial.

I can confirm what the OP says, Shamans are definitely not very strong since Rogues can kill them.

I only do world PvP b/c that's what I have the time for, and Shamans alongwith other Rogues are pretty much the only classes I can kill with certainty.

Loladins are unkillable, Warriors are unkillable, Hunters are unkillable, Priests/Shadow Priests are unkillable.

Loladins are impossible to solo. A plethora of bubbles, longest stun in the game, imba DPS, lay on hands, plate armor, insane self-heals, blessing of freedom, debuffs, DOTS, ranged abilities, execute and recently even sprint makes Paladins not killable by even two or three people.

Once upon the time Shamans were supposed to be a Paladin's equal. Looking at Shamans and then looking at Paladins will show one just how much Blizzard fails in class design.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Castif View Post

The leaderboard page isn't updated at all. Also, vanguards is playing his enhance for his alt this season. Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794981839 and Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...guard/advanced
    For those who don't know, vanguards is a 3x R1 3k ret paladin, I hope this sheds some light on this thread.
    Last edited by Tactic6995; 2012-10-19 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic6995 View Post

First of 100k Stormlash i would like a video of i really do.

Secondly, please show me your own ratings before i take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post

I got 2200 last season, and was one of the highest rated enh shaman in the arena tourny last season. My armory is in my signature and so is my youtube channel (Arena vids at 2100-2250mmr, BG vids, beta vids)

Why is it so hard to believe that enhance can do good? Everybody is so pessimistic when it comes to enhance pvp, seriously.
    Last edited by Tactic6995; 2012-10-20 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post

i queued into tactic last season once on the TR. he is a good enh, i can vouch for that.

i played enh last season from 0 exp to 2180PR/2230TR, and won against dozens of gladiator and rank 1 players along the way. i was even excited enough to take screenshots. admittedly, those wins were us hard countering, but i played with the same team almost every night for 3 or 4 months to get there. with enough practice, its very possible to play enhance to higher ratings.

enhance has changed a lot since last season, and the general state of arena has too, but i am very confident that enhance is 2200+ viable this season. the ladders on the armory are bugged, but believe me, enhance is doing good this season. my team is struggling a bit from class rerolls, but i have no doubt that we will be in T2 range soon with enough practice.
    Maeros@Illidan