Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Any tips about dealing with voodoo dolls damage from dk tank? We have no problem with the encounter unless being headshooted with peaks of damage from our dk tank . It seems the worst tank by far for this boss

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Any tips about dealing with voodoo dolls damage from dk tank? We have no problem with the encounter unless being headshooted with peaks of damage from our dk tank . It seems the worst tank by far for this boss
    Someone I know did this with a paladin + DK tank combo. He said they simply had to feed the DK tank with whatever external CDs they could give him or else people just got smacked.
    Ashr

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Like I said, we have a priest casting the same heal and easily getting 24. I seriously believe it is a mechanic similar to vengeance but with heals instead of damage. Unless this guy knows some miracle to get above 24, I doubt they are doing anything special. This is why there is no "stack" on the buff, and refreshes and dies out just like vengeance.
    My thought was it could be this graph, in all honesty. I sent this to some guild members last night and they thought it seemed appropriate for what we had seen. Also note, this is by no means to scale or the right function, just a general idea.

Last edited by Adornus; 2012-10-19 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adornus View Post
    My thought was it could be this graph, in all honesty. I sent this to some guild members last night and they thought it seemed appropriate for what we had seen. Also note, this is by no means to scale or the right function, just a general idea.

Yup exactly like that. I do know popping a health stone as soon as you go in gives you around 4-5 stacks depending on health. It seems like a good idea to get the dmg and stat boost to blow up as many as possible faster.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    A slightly different question - is Banishment timer static? We had few attempts where the boss would hugely delay dropping tanks into other realm, which basically lead to Doll deaths - can't really keep up chaining cooldowns on a single tank for 2+ minutes. It was pretty rare, but highly annoying when it happened - to the point where I'm considering killing of a Doll on purpose to force tank switch in such situation.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    A slightly different question - is Banishment timer static? We had few attempts where the boss would hugely delay dropping tanks into other realm, which basically lead to Doll deaths - can't really keep up chaining cooldowns on a single tank for 2+ minutes. It was pretty rare, but highly annoying when it happened - to the point where I'm considering killing of a Doll on purpose to force tank switch in such situation.
    I know that is a bug we had, where Gara would never banish our tank, which almost always leads to a wipe.

This happened on 25m for us, not sure what you're running.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, 25. It's one thing where he merely delays it for a few seconds, but sometimes it takes ages and people usually die anyway - so it might as well be "never".
    Last edited by KaPe; 2012-10-19 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adornus View Post
    I know that is a bug we had, where Gara would never banish our tank, which almost always leads to a wipe.

This happened on 25m for us, not sure what you're running.
    This happened to us twice on our first hour forays on him, it was definitely a wipe =P

Questions!:
    If you Bloodlust inside the Spirit World, will only those people inside the Spirit World gain the buff/debuff?
    Can the adds inside the Spirit World be Gorefiend's/Deathgripped?
    Can this forum agree that it is (Overall Healing / Time) and not (Heals received / Time) that dictate the stacks?
    Will Mass Spell Reflection negate a shadowbolt from the spirit world to the real world dealt to the raid, and if so will it reflect the damage back to the adds in the spirit world?
    What would you say is the heirarcy of tanks from best to worst for this fight?
    Do stacks indeed drop over time if the (Overall Healing/Time) decreases?

-=-Sig by Rivellana-=-

Just getting all the totems organized in 25m is proving to be a pain in the ass. We aren't even worrying about the enrage right now, cause the rotation of players taking totems is a clusterF -_-;;

Anyone want to share how they assign totems on the fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Travex View Post
    Will Mass Spell Reflection negate a shadowbolt from the spirit world to the real world dealt to the raid, and if so will it reflect the damage back to the adds in the spirit world?
    What would you say is the heirarcy of tanks from best to worst for this fight?
    can answer these:
    1) no.
    2) pally > warrior >>>> monk > dk
    no idea where druid is (probably around monk and dk), but shield tanks are amazing on this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    should be every 70seconds. if someone dies to voodoo doll it gets reset though
    Last edited by bals; 2012-10-19 at 04:07 PM.

QUESTION:

Does anyone have a power aura they can share for the SI buff? I tried to make one last night but I failed miserably. I am trying to pop out as soon as my buff gets high enough, and mousing over the buff is becoming quite annoying.

so we tried 2 healing last night and it was going smoothly but we noticed whenever a hybrid dps went down with 2 others, he would get the rest up fine but we'd only have 10-13 stacks instead of the 23-24 from an actual healer so our dps was lower with 2 heals than with 3. is the hybrid supposed to spam until we have our max stacks? or just until we get the ability to leave the shadow realm?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by rayanne View Post
    QUESTION:

Does anyone have a power aura they can share for the SI buff? I tried to make one last night but I failed miserably. I am trying to pop out as soon as my buff gets high enough, and mousing over the buff is becoming quite annoying.
    Ya I've really been trying to figure this out too, really bugging me, need help!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Generally really struggling with this boss.

Probably nearing 100 wipes since last reset. Literally tried so many differant ways;

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ub8xnz92cfqc9emh/

Logs from this evening. Anything that is just blatent from a glance? We had a few stupid wipes but then otherwise healing vodoo's of the DK just seemed to always be fucked.

The Set-up available to us;
    - Prot Warr
    - Prot Paladin
    - Blood DK

- Mistweaver Monk
    - Holy Paladin
    - Resto Druid/Balance Druid
    - Disc/Holy Priest

- Frost Deathknight
    - Fury Warrior

- Elemental Shaman
    - Fire Mage
    - Fire Mage
    - Affliction Warlock
    - Shadow Priest

Sorry for the big post but we just feel we're missing something basic here. Either that, or we're aweful!
    Last edited by mmoc0fa952cf64; 2012-10-19 at 10:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno344 View Post
    Generally really struggling with this boss.

Probably nearing 100 wipes since last reset. Literally tried so many differant ways;

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ub8xnz92cfqc9emh/

Logs from this evening. Anything that is just blatent from a glance? We had a few stupid wipes but then otherwise healing vodoo's of the DK just seemed to always be fucked.

The Set-up available to us;
    - Prot Warr
    - Prot Paladin
    - Blood DK

- Mistweaver Monk
    - Holy Paladin
    - Resto Druid/Balance Druid
    - Disc/Holy Priest

- Frost Deathknight
    - Fury Warrior

- Elemental Shaman
    - Fire Mage
    - Fire Mage
    - Affliction Warlock
    - Shadow Priest

Sorry for the big post but we just feel we're missing something basic here. Either that, or we're aweful!
    I've already replied some to my friend Evinkuruga through real id, but I'll go ahead and post here as well. Blood dks don't really excel at the fight, it's really hard to tell whether yours is doing well or not since you can't see ability usage from the uprealm to the downrealm and vice versa. Though it looks like it could be better.. A block tank will always be better in this fight in terms of damage reduction, so pick those.

As far as I understood your warrior is the one taking the logs, and he is doing ridiculously low damage. The region of 18-22k I see in your best attempts should be something around 40-50k, even if he's offtanking. If the warrior tank isn't the one uploading the logs what I just said is incorrect and difficult to measure, though.

Your bloodlust dps isn't miles off, but everyone should do their best to minmax that tiny bit out of their dps. The healers should dps as much as possible during bloodlust as well. For comparison, your healers did around 200k-1million during bloodlust while ours did almost 4 million (after HotW nerf). Yours should be able to do at least 2 million or so.

We did this with a resto druid and a holy paladin, but I wouldn't recommend a resto druid, seriously. Especially after the HotW nerfs, a resto druid's burst healing sometimes isn't there without tree form to consistently heal through the spikey voodoo doll damage (especially if you have a non-block tank). Discipline priests are nice, monks are nice, paladins are nice.

As for the dps classes, having 2 hybrids is almost a must if you're going to go with 2 healers. Otherwise the rng will just murder you a lot of the times. That means you really kind of need both your elemental shaman and shadow priest, which isn't particularly a bad thing since those classes are nice anyway. A warrior is definetely a nice one for this boss and you should definetely take one, as well as a mage. As for the last 2, you probably want the warlock and a frost dk. 2 fire mages is nice but they're really exceptional only if they get a lot of uptime on the boss and don't have to go down with the totems, so I think the better choice would be the dk.

What I'd go with is this with the healers of your choice.

Honestly though, the boss is about just pushing every last inch off your raid and it'll finally start going to the 10% region, then to the 5% and slowly get it's way toward the kill. All about tiny adjustments.

Sorry I can't give much actual insight, but it's pretty difficult without the logs from everyone in the raid, stupid phasing thing. Hope it helps anyway.

---------- Post added 2012-10-20 at 02:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    so we tried 2 healing last night and it was going smoothly but we noticed whenever a hybrid dps went down with 2 others, he would get the rest up fine but we'd only have 10-13 stacks instead of the 23-24 from an actual healer so our dps was lower with 2 heals than with 3. is the hybrid supposed to spam until we have our max stacks? or just until we get the ability to leave the shadow realm?
    Your hybrid should only heal you enough to get you out of the spirit realm. I'll add a video in about a day or so, once it's done uploading and stuff. I'm slow with them
    Last edited by mmoc68a4e4b5e2; 2012-10-19 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    Appreciate the feed back!

I'm the Warr Tank and tbh didn't realize my damage was as low as it is. That'll be a big focus. We'll be trying with a Paladin as of Monday so should hopefully see a little progression!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Ya I've really been trying to figure this out too, really bugging me, need help!
    I'm tracking it with Need to Know, getting it to display the 'Third Tooltip Number' for the stacks (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    The option you are looking for is "Use tooltip "size" instead of stacks". May only be available in full scan mode, I don't quite remember right now.

Deleted
    Some people in my guild want to keep trying to send only one dps and one healer in the totem world to optimize the dps on the boss .
    So i'm wondering/asking : Is it better to send 2 dps every time for the IS buff ?!

PS : and btw if someone could tell me whatstats is/are up by IS, it'd be perfect !

ThX !
    Last edited by mmocd430766c07; 2012-10-20 at 08:12 PM.