10+ Year Old Account

Krol the Blade spawn timer

Anyone know his spawn timer for this rare spawn?

If there's any info on it its probably here: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50356/kro...blade#comments

Some comments say its about an hour.

The rares in each zone all spawn at once. It tends to be anywhere from about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. It's random which ones spawn and which don't.

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    The rares in each zone all spawn at once. It tends to be anywhere from about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. It's random which ones spawn and which don't.
    Dont know about all spawning at once...
    But ive killed one and no more than 30 mins later, killed the same one again. So it can be less than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    Anyone know his spawn timer for this rare spawn?
    Problem is, this rare mob location is next to conquest/honor pvp gear vendor and he is getting killed instantly as soon as he spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Problem is, this rare mob location is next to conquest/honor pvp gear vendor and he is getting killed instantly as soon as he spawn.
    Some of the rares are extremely "hard" to kill unless camped because of their location near crowded places such as popular questing areas. Fortunately the respawn timer is around one hour as mentioned above so it's pretty easy to camp it. Getting the wanted vanity item is another matter though as the drop chances are around 10-20%.

Has he ever dropped that XP flask for anyone? Ive never seen it, people whom I know also farm him haven't seen one yet either, since MoP came out

It has dropped for me on my first kill. Don't get too excited though, it's not reusable like the Crystal of Insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    It has dropped for me on my first kill. Don't get too excited though, it's not reusable like the Crystal of Insanity.
    I know it's not, but it's 1 hour of power leveling my monk D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Well, that and rares like him that drop "extra" stuff on occasion are pretty much always camped.

I have 5 of the Elixirs, although I don't really "camp" him so to speak. I tend to play a lot during down time (i.e. 1 AM) and just happen to see him around when I fly around Dread Wastes doing dailies or as a slight detour from Golden Lotus stuff. He's surprisingly easy to find alive vs. Scritch who drops the Peace Pipes. I've killed him maybe 15-20 times and gotten 5 of the potions, one of which was wasted 5 minutes after popping it due to a nasty Elite surprising me as I exited a failed dungeon. His spawn timer is something like 60-90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Dont know about all spawning at once...
    But ive killed one and no more than 30 mins later, killed the same one again. So it can be less than an hour.
    After 167 rares I am 100% confident that the rares for each individual zone spawn at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    After 167 rares I am 100% confident that the rares for each individual zone spawn at the same time.
    I noticed that too on several occasions. I'd say it's safe to say that all rare spawns in one zone will always respawn at the same time.

For respawn timers - i've seen some rares respawn ~45 minutes after they've been killed, while the longest time i sat on one spawn was about 2 hours after a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    I noticed that too on several occasions. I'd say it's safe to say that all rare spawns in one zone will always respawn at the same time.

For respawn timers - i've seen some rares respawn ~45 minutes after they've been killed, while the longest time i sat on one spawn was about 2 hours after a kill.
    If you had to wait two hours it simply means that the specific mob you were after was not a part of the previous spawn. As I said, it's random which ones spawn and which ones don't, therefore there is essentially no guaranteed respawn time on any specific rare mob but more so the rares for any zone as a collective.

It's essentially a more refined concept of shared rare timers similar to the Drakes in Storm Peaks (TLPD and the blue Drake) in that they have a set timer but it ultimately comes down to RNG.

Deleted
    he spawns near the alliance pvp vendors, so they have the easiest time spotting him (lucky bastards)

i myself was lucky enough too bump into him 1x, didnt drop the flask though

10+ Year Old Account
    I have gotten a total of two flasks, one of which I only got about 15 minutes worth before being killed -.- The second flask I have I am holding onto for when I hit level 80, I plan on burning through northrend at record speeds on my monk. Hoping to get another two flasks before I seriously level him, be nice to do Outland + Northrend in about 2 hours :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the they all spawn at once in the same zone theroy. ive been preaching that for 2 weeks to my guildies lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    I agree with the they all spawn at once in the same zone theroy. ive been preaching that for 2 weeks to my guildies lol.
    hmm ok then. Would have been nice to know that before i got my Glorious achievement, lol