Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Diablo 3 + Youtube = Kaboom?

To start, I play Diablo 3 in Full Screen Windowed Mode, as I'm sure that has something to do with it. As I get to the log in screen, I minimize, and load Youtube. or the other way around, doesn't matter. Youtube freezes my browser. I switch to Diablo 3, and, if I managed to press "play" on whatever video I happen to get lucky getting to, it plays normally while Diablo 3 is the focus window on my computer. Minimize Diablo 3, and Youtube freezes again.

Anybody else having similar issues?

Happens quite frequently to me but not enough for me to find the cause. If i had Diablo open before i start a video the first 2 mins of the game are extremely bad and coppy and if i alt tab the video freezes like you said. Im using firefox and thinking it might be a plugin error? im not sure

Happens to me randomly too, think its adobe related though. I have had it go as far as to crash my rig though. Are you using AMD or Nvidia for a video card? Sometimes the same problem crashes my ati console and it has to restart the display driver.

10+ Year Old Account
    NVIDIA. I've noticed though that it doesn't seem to bother other websites that use Flash.

Did you disable hardware acceleration for flash?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    Did you disable hardware acceleration for flash?
    Always. I've gotten asked that before, and it's set that way to default.

Deleted
    Happens to me too! Thought it was because of Firefox plugin, noob question? How do I disable hardware accleration?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    Happens to me too! Thought it was because of Firefox plugin, noob question? How do I disable hardware accleration?
    Right click in the video pane, settings, first tab, uncheck enable hardware acceleration.

@OP, what browser do you use?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Right click in the video pane, settings, first tab, uncheck enable hardware acceleration.

@OP, what browser do you use?
    Pale Moon/Firefox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Pale Moon/Firefox.
    Hum. Ever considered using Google Chrome? It's what I use and no problems to date.
    "A flower.

Pale Moon/Firefox.
    You can test with opera which uses same flash plugin to check if it's the browser and with chrome which uses different flash to see if that might be the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Hum. Ever considered using Google Chrome? It's what I use and no problems to date.
    I tried. I won't again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried. I won't again.
    How long ago? O.o

Only issue I can really find is it is a RAM hogger, but that's because the way it's coded, it opens up each new tab as a full new process. That's why Google Chrome is so bloody fast. :P I personally don't have an issue with it though because of 16GB of RAM, but I know some may.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Have you tried playing full screen mode and do the same thing? Windowed mode supposedly stresses your system more. I'm saying that because I use Firefox as well, I play in full screen mode and have no noticeable issues. Do you have just one Youtube tab open or do you have other stuff as well?
    Also, if you have a 64-bit system you can try Firefox Nightly which is the 64-bit experimental version of Firefox and right now it's quite stable and faster than normal Firefox.
    Edit for link: http://nightly.mozilla.org/
    Last edited by mmoc7ab70ad4bb; 2012-10-22 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odd happenings there Pen. Have you tried clearing your cache? Only thing I can think of that would cause youtube to freeze, although I use Chrome.

Been having Firefox problems for over a year lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm dont open youtube and play the game?

Either do one or the other.

Btw i cudnt be arsed to read much of this thread as it seemed a little stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a problem that I have also been experiencing off and on now for about a month. Never happened before and I have been using the same machine for about 5 months. I blame YouTube. After they changed whatever it is they changed so you can't usually use Firefox to watch videos and only get good service using Chrome, everything went to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Erm dont open youtube and play the game?

Either do one or the other.

Btw i cudnt be arsed to read much of this thread as it seemed a little stupid.
    Very rude. Personally I have three monitors, and since diablo 3 doesn't support eyefinity, why shouldn't I watch a music video or movie while playing? The game doesn't really require your attention 100% of the time.

On topic, yeah it only bothers youtube. Any other video application or streaming website doesn't have issues with me playing games. This issue has arose both in diablo 3, and guild wars 2 for me. Seems that when I am alt tabbed out of youtube it really doesn't like playing videos. Sometimes the youtube video just displays green too. *sigh*

there is better options for music besides youtube, I found Grooveshark has 90% of what youtube has there is also Spotify and Last.fm

I use YouTube with my multi-screen setup in D3 without a hitch... as long as my screen isn't full.. not really sure how to get around that