Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Best raid set up for 10 man

Hi all we are a bunch of irl friends that havent played WOW for a while and we came back in action to see the new expansion.We all start over again with lvl 1 chrs and i wanna ask whats the best possible set up for the current 10 man.(normal and heroic mode)
    How many tanks and healers are needed???how many rdps,mdps and whats the best class combo
    Thank you for reading

use this tool... http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/

Then decide who plays what

You guys should really play what you enjoy the most. If you guys force yourselves to play something else, I'm not sure you'll make it to 90, much less be able start raiding. But you'll want 2 tanks, 2 healers, a dps with a heals offspec and couple of melee and some ranged.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    We wont force each other to play something we dont like we will see what we got and decide accordingly most of us dont really care....we just want to play new class and not what we had earlier but ty for the tip.

Tapaj tyvm for the link but we are more interested in whats the best tank,healer etc atm.I heard that dks and warriors are the strongest tanks atm,druids and monks aint very good...So far we got :

tanks (0/2):
    mdps (1/2):rogue
    rdps (3/4):ele shaman(healing os),hunter,mage
    healers (2/2):monk,hpala

so basically the rest of the team needs to fill the empty spots.We are thinking of warrior+dk as tanks and we dont know about the last mdps and last rdps
    Last edited by mmocff5620621b; 2012-10-22 at 02:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only advice I can offer is try to have a good even split between all 3 of the gear token types.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

You're welcome for the link. It is only a tool.

The team I am on, we run a DK/Warrior tank setup. But that was the 2 tanks we had in Cata, Wrath also

By the time you all level from 1 the current OP class will be nerfed and the flavor of the month will be something different, unless you're doing RAF or you're just levelling fiends. Pick the classes you enjoy.

Make sure someone picks a monk, though, because they're likely to stay OP in at least one spec as the new class of the expansion.

In 10 man you're going to be much more concerned with even loot distribution as you go along than you are with the current OP classes. Make sure your token distribution is smooth and you have reasonable coverage of off slot gear, having at least one shaman (resto or ele), priest, and holy paladin (MS or OS) is nice to avoid sharding loot.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Deleted
    Only ranged damage dealers. Ez mode

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    Only ranged damage dealers. Ez mode
    What happens to Agility daggers and melee weapons without mastery on them? Straight to the disenchant bin?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's currently only 1 encounter which requires 1 tank (don't know about the other raids, shame on me), so a tank with a good DPS OS should be fine. 2-3 healers is enough, 2 healing for most fights should be good but there are a few encounters where you do need 3. I'd say get more range than melee though (Stone guards, Elegon, possibly Gara'jal, Spirit kings and Will of the Emperor all favor range). But basicly, you can make do with any set of dps for the current raiding scene, atleast on normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    What happens to Agility daggers and melee weapons without mastery on them? Straight to the disenchant bin?
    Yup. Better than having melees. 1 melee works, max 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Blood spirits for everyone!!!

The best combo consists of the best players.

For sure, if you are planning on heroic modes 6/6 (or whatever is current when you reach 90) you will want to minmax everything. But the best healer is always the best player in his class. You cannot exchange the best priest and expect him to perform just as well with a monk. Or the other way 'round: If your friend is better of with a priest, he might actually become one that will make your combo of chars work.

Get as many good DDs and exceptional healers. Even though MoP makes a strong step towards demanding something from tanks, they are still easier exchanged than it is to find exceptional DDs/healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    The best combo consists of the best players.
    I wish that was always true. Dragon Soul heroic felt so brutal at times if you were melee heavy. Haven't looked at the fights of the current tier however, but ranged always seems to get the better deal more often that not.
    Last edited by mmoc5247e124b4; 2012-10-22 at 03:42 PM. Reason: an awful typo

Probably a 12 raiders unit, with 2 tanks, 3 melee (one off-spec tank), 4 ranged (one off-spec heals) and 3 healers.

When fight need 1 tank you sit a tank, when it requires 2 healers you sit a healer. The off-spec are your backups.

Now obviously you want to cover all the buffs, and if you are wise, you'll spread the tier tokens and armor type loots properly so it doesn't get distributed to the same people.

But then again, perfect lineup doesn't cover talent, so go with the best people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daskalos View Post
    So far we got :

tanks (0/2):
    mdps (1/2):rogue
    rdps (3/4):ele shaman(healing os),hunter,mage
    healers (2/2):monk,hpala
    A warlock comes in handy for the summons (really saves us a lot of time). Multidotting cones in handy on several fights through every tier. Dmg debuff on target (rogue provides that as well).
    A shadow priest who can play disc as well. Can multidot as well.
    A boomkin, maybe with a feral tank off spec. Combat rezz, dots and great AOE.

As for tanks: I like the dk/warrior combination. They both shine on different encounters. And a well timed skull banner gives so much extra raid dps (an ele shaman can do 500k extra dmg for example during his ascendance when skull banner is up).

Quote Originally Posted by Daskalos View Post
    Hi all we are a bunch of irl friends that havent played WOW for a while and we came back in action to see the new expansion.We all start over again with lvl 1 chrs and i wanna ask whats the best possible set up for the current 10 man.(normal and heroic mode)
    How many tanks and healers are needed???how many rdps,mdps and whats the best class combo
    Thank you for reading
    Regarding loot distribution, token attribution and raidbuffs etc, i would recommend the following composition:

Tanks:
    Dk
    Warrior

Heals:
    Shaman
    Priest
    Paladin
    ->you need to have one healer with a dips off spec: feel free to choose between a priest or a shaman as they use mostly the same gear to heal and to dps.

Dps
    Balance Druid
    Ret paladin
    Warlock
    Rogue
    Hunter

That's the setup we are running with and we are doing pretty fine. All the gear that drops can be used and there's nothing we delete.
    ATM I may recommend using one more caster, maybe replacing the rogue by a Mage. But if you do so, all the agility leather that drops will be disenchanted....

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Probably a 12 raiders unit, with 2 tanks, 3 melee (one off-spec tank), 4 ranged (one off-spec heals) and 3 healers.

When fight need 1 tank you sit a tank, when it requires 2 healers you sit a healer. The off-spec are your backups.

Now obviously you want to cover all the buffs, and if you are wise, you'll spread the tier tokens and armor type loots properly so it doesn't get distributed to the same people.

But then again, perfect lineup doesn't cover talent, so go with the best people.
    Unless you're in a top-whatever guild, this kind of set up isn't necessary at all. I think the OP is just looking to have fun raiding with his friends, not trying to decide who of his RL friends to sit every raid. That's no fun!

I never really understood that kind of set up anyway... just make sure one of your tanks has a good dps offspec, and same with a healer or two, gg. My guild's only 2/6H but we use the same 10 people every time.

Deleted
    exactly mmpie we are that carefull with the set up cause we want to play kinda alone and dont bench any1....its just that we heard that monk and dudu tanks aint that good and atm the best combo is dk/warrior
    Last edited by mmocff5620621b; 2012-10-23 at 04:13 PM.