Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So, the Arena Ladder got updated..

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/3v3

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/3v3

US doesn't seem as bad, but a lot of the EU battlegroups are just warrior or hunter teams. #yolo

-----

Edit, discoepfeand has gone through the effort of adding up all the classes in the top 50 teams of every BG, results below:
    Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post
    I did a quick survey of all battlegroups using the html source of the first page of each BG (so top 50 teams of each) and compiling the info. Posted the aggregate results here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...65531?page=1#0
    • 19.93% - Warrior - 353
    • 16.32% - Hunter - 289
    • 13.61% - Paladin - 241
    • 12.37% - Druid - 219
    • 11.58% - Shaman - 205
    • 9.09% - Mage - 161
    • 8.13% - Priest - 144
    • 3.39% - Death Knight - 60
    • 3.39% - Warlock - 60
    • 1.36% - Rogue - 24
    • 0.85% - Monk - 15

-----

Edit 2, ArenaJunkies posted the most popular comps on their facebook, list below:

Top 10 3v3 Arena Comps (As of 24/10):
    1. Warrior Hunter Paladin - KFC
    2. Warrior Hunter Druid - KFC with Druid
    3. Warrior DK Paladin - TSG
    4. Priest Mage Druid - Godcomp
    5. Warrior Druid Paladin - Kittycleave / Bleedcleave
    6. Warrior Hunter Shaman - KFC with Shaman
    7. Warrior Mage Druid - WMD
    8. Warrior DK Druid - TreeSG
    9. Warrior Mage Paladin - WMP
    10. Warrior Priest Paladin - ?

-----

Edit 3, disco has checked again and given us a newer list on the most played classes in the top 50 of each BG.

• 20.19% - Warrior - 358 -- up from 353 (8)
    • 15.62% - Hunter - 277 -- down from 289 (12)
    • 13.42% - Paladin - 238 -- down from 241 (3)
    • 12.46% - Shaman - 221 -- up from 205 (16)
    • 11.79% - Druid - 209 -- down from 219 (10)
    • 9.25% - Priest - 164 -- up from 144 (20)
    • 9.08% - Mage - 161 -- n/a
    • 3.27% - Warlock - 58 -- down from 60 (2)
    • 2.93% - Death Knight - 52 -- down from 60 (8)
    • 1.02% - Rogue - 18 -- down from 24 (6)
    • 0.96% - Monk - 17 -- up from 15 (2)

Shows a pretty big jump in the amount of shamans and priests. A minor jump in the amount of warriors and a big drop in hunters and druids. Mages have no change, which is surprising as I thought they would've increased parallel to shadow priests. (Shatterplay being the 'best' comp atm apparently).
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2012-10-29 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted
    lol at EU team number 12, triple Hunter. Hunters are badly represented

Deleted
    Top 10 Bloodlust, 9 Horde comps. I guess EMFH must be nerfed soon to make sure that the top 10 is Horde (on a serious note, I'm a human and I wouldn't mind a different racial)

There's also an average of two rogues in the top 50 across all battlegroups. I'd like the "rogues are fine" crew to explain me that please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Top 10 Bloodlust, 9 Horde comps. I guess EMFH must be nerfed soon to make sure that the top 10 is Horde (on a serious note, I'm a human and I wouldn't mind a different racial)

There's also an average of two rogues in the top 50 across all battlegroups. I'd like the "rogues are fine" crew to explain me that please.
    Humans get an extra trinket proc and 800 pvp power instead of mastery/crit, pretty comparable to horde bonuses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lethargy View Post
    Humans get an extra trinket proc and 800 pvp power instead of mastery/crit, pretty comparable to horde bonuses.
    Yet Horde seems to dominate. Many top PVPers made the swap to Horde and not for the looks. I just wish they took a faster action on overpowered racials. During the last seasons, it was the opposite (Alliance dominated tournaments and ladders)

and there are still hunters on the official forums complaining about hunter representation and expertise itemization.
    hunters used to take skill and dedicated play to do well on. the good ones were easily some of the most terrifyingly amazing players i've ever seen.
    the ones i see in arena right now are just S keying mouthbreathers cashing in on a stupid gimmick.
    i will never hear the end of the rage from my DK about how stampede is allowed, but AoD isn't.

i still think EMFH is still super powerful, thats a lot more pvp power itemization then horde gets and allows for a lot more versatility. i think some people just panicked and swapped factions when blizz started talking about revamping some of the racial and then a lot of the hangers on just followed them with out actually knowing why they were swapping.

i just hope i don't get the 10 minute random bg queues hordeside now that i got alliance side last season.

i'm glad that horde has some serious representation again. maybe i can go back horde for pve now
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

There's been poorly represented classes in 3v3 before but HOLY SHIT, Blizzard might as well get rid of the rogue class. This has to be an all time low record.

Deleted
    It is getting so tiredsome doing arena currently. You cant even do a little 2s without running into the currently 80% teams consisting either for BM hunters, warriors or both. This is just another proof of how ridicoules it is.

I don't see any all hunter or all warrior teams. O.o where are you seeing this OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I don't see any all hunter or all warrior teams. O.o where are you seeing this OP?
    Warrior or hunter teams does not mean teams that have -just- warriors or hunters.

Deleted
    I'm in no way any kind of arena know it all-person or anything, but right when i saw this threads title i said to myself "Warrior and Hunter"....

xD i was right.
    Guess it's more than me that get killed in 5 sec even though i aoe-fear stampede and LoS the hunter.

Or getting 25% freetime vs any warrior team because of the warrior alone's Shockwave, Gag Order, Pummel and Chargestun.

Mages CLEARLY need to be nerfed because they're in every single team and they have too much representation!!!!!!!!! HERP DERP!!!!

/sarcasm off

OT: I'm super surprised that US is so balanced. There doesn't seem to be any glaring bias towards comps or classes. EU on the other hand.... lots of warriors I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post

And other battlegroups are the same but with alliance, what's your point? Personally I think pvp racials are pretty balanced now with the new undead racial and there being more fears and panda's being both sides.

Deleted
    Is it just me, or do i see 9/10 combs having a warrior/shaman/(put a random inside here and get 2k) ?

warriors in every single team, looks like the rogues swapped places with warriors from cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Floep View Post
    Is it just me, or do i see 9/10 combs having a warrior/shaman/(put a random inside here and get 2k) ?
    yup and only hunters and mages are being nerfed currently in 5.1

Deleted
    Where the hell is rogues. This must be the worst season to be a rogue.
    Even a windwalker monk made to the second page

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    Mages CLEARLY need to be nerfed because they're in every single team and they have too much representation!!!!!!!!! HERP DERP!!!!

/sarcasm off

OT: I'm super surprised that US is so balanced. There doesn't seem to be any glaring bias towards comps or classes. EU on the other hand.... lots of warriors I see.
    Balanced?! There are ZERO Rogues, Healing Priests and Warlocks in the top 20. Are you kidding?!

Look at Whirlwind 3vs3 Ladder... (I can't post links).

There are ZERO healing priests, rogues and locks in the "popular comps" for 2vs2 or 3vs3
    Last edited by Laurufinwe; 2012-10-22 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurufinwe View Post
    Balanced?! There are ZERO Rogues, Healing Priests and Warlocks in the top 20. Are you kidding?!

Look at Whirlwind 3vs3 Ladder... (I can't post links).
    whirlwind isn't a very good battlegroup.
    look at bloodlust, there are quite a few warlocks at high ratings, particularly in 5s.

i agree healing priests are in a very bad spot right now and rogues could use a bad season for once.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    rogues could use a bad season for once.
    Well if that isn't downright horrible logic I don't know what is. We should balance the game currently around how good things were years ago because all the current rogue players all played back then and ganked you when you were level 40 and deserve to suffer now for it, yeah!