Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    PvP doesn't involve many expenses either. No repair bill, no consumables, no craftables (maybe once in an expansion to get started, but past that crafted gear is always absolete).

All you need is gems, enchants and professions. Money from leveling should cover close to that, so a few dailies will do you well.

Deleted
    All you need is gems, enchants and professions. Money from leveling should cover close to that, so a few dailies will do you well.
    But you see, the hero OP wants spectral tigers and all by doing BGs. Because pveers get it just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    PvP doesn't involve many expenses either. No repair bill, no consumables, no craftables (maybe once in an expansion to get started, but past that crafted gear is always absolete).

There's still a repair bill. Some people even find it necessary to use consumables in BGs (I don't.) Regardless, there are expenses.

Deleted
    There's still a repair bill.
    if you do get repair bills the only repair you will need is from standing in org/sw.

Being killed in pvp and being damaged in pvp does not damage the gear.

Maybe a small amount of gold? 25g once a day for a win, after that it reduces to 10g for a win and 5g for a loss? For PvP enthusiasts it would add up over time.

Deleted
    As a Pve AND Pvp player, i do agree with this.
    The daily's is for PvE players.

You should earn just like 5-10 gold, per win once you're capped with 4000 honor.
    And like 2g per lose.

When I have excess Honor Points I just purchase a bunch of "outdated" PvP items for next to no honor, and vendor them 2 hours later for gold. Purchasing the right items you can get up to 20s per point of honor, so any BG can easily net you 20-30g.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cute I'm a pvper now mainly BG and I've made more gold then most of these people in thread why? It's simple

- USING YOUR PROFESSIONS

Not hard go do it.

Blizz said they are going to add a Honor Vendor, so you'll be able to spend excess Honor on mats like Golden Lotus and such soon...

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, PvPing at 50 gets you said amount of money off of corpses and then money for winning the game. While i can agree with more PvP stuff from rep, The money you gain from PvP is actually pretty high all things considered. Every corpse i loot i get around 1-2g, Along with 60 gold for a loss and 80 gold for a win in Codex, And those rarely last more then 10-15 mins. I bet it's much higher for those longer pvp queues. 60 gold every 10 mins is 3P 60gold in 1 hour of pvp. Which is fairly high as long as you don't count 1 hour invested to raiding or 1 hour doing a chron solo(Which makes slightly more, Around 3P + Items to sell/cloth to auction.)

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 10:46 AM ----------

Not to mention the Murdanix mount

If you don't want to do dailies because you consider them too 'pve' for you, I suggest you offer your services as a pvp player to pve players doing those dailies. I would personally be willing to pay someone a few hundred gold to keep enemies off my back while I'm doing quests.

As far as giving pure PvP comparable rewards to PvE players, I really don't see why that should be the case. Content gives rewards for similar content. Dailies are strictly speaking, pve content, so they give rewards for pve content. Raids are pve content and give rewards for, you guessed it, pve content. Faction reputation is gained through pve content, so they give rewards to pve players.

And, in case you had forgotten, WoW is first and foremost a PvE game. Dungeons, raids and questing are the focus of the game. PvP is largely an aside to PvE. And as a result of that, most fo the methods of making money (and places to spend money) are PvE related. I honestly can't see why you would play WoW if you didn't want to have anything to do with PvE ever, which seems to be where you are. Dispute that if you want but the fact is that the large majority of WoW players only engage in pve content, or if they do pvp, do not enter pvp with the intent of it being their primary focus. In addition, those players who do focus primarily on pvp, still do some pve content occasionally, whether that is in the form of dungeons, raids, questing, professions, etc. If you don't want to do some pve content in a primarily pve game, that's your decision. Don't start whining to the rest about the consequences of a decision you made, knowing full well what those consequences would be.

Did you really need to create the same thread in two places?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...old?p=18847631

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wait wait I forgot, OP how about you carry people in PVP hm? Mainly arena and maybe you won't have to make threads saying omg pvpers don't get gold

That is if your good enough ahahaha?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dirty PvP players don't need money - Dying in PvP doesn't reduce durability.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did I miss a change? I remember in wrath looting people I killed and getting at least 1 gold each.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Did I miss a change? I remember in wrath looting people I killed and getting at least 1 gold each.
    That was WG If I remember correctly and yes it did give you about a gold each via WG - BG's and such It's just a few silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutus View Post
    I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, PvPing at 50 gets you said amount of money off of corpses and then money for winning the game. While i can agree with more PvP stuff from rep, The money you gain from PvP is actually pretty high all things considered. Every corpse i loot i get around 1-2g, Along with 60 gold for a loss and 80 gold for a win in Codex, And those rarely last more then 10-15 mins. I bet it's much higher for those longer pvp queues. 60 gold every 10 mins is 3P 60gold in 1 hour of pvp. Which is fairly high as long as you don't count 1 hour invested to raiding or 1 hour doing a chron solo(Which makes slightly more, Around 3P + Items to sell/cloth to auction.)

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 10:46 AM ----------

Not to mention the Murdanix mount
    Not to mention the thread is about wow, not rift
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    That was WG If I remember correctly and yes it did give you about a gold each via WG - BG's and such It's just a few silver.

Could have been just WG i don't pvp much.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith
    Dirty PvP players don't need money - Dying in PvP doesn't reduce durability.
    Except that you do lose durability. Being in combat degrades your gear.

I can see how PvP is less expensive than tryharding in PvE, but the income discrepancy in outstanding. Usually, I'd coast off of leveling gold and be pretty broke. Last season though, I decided to PvE a little. From 5-mans and raiding once a week for most of 2-3 months, I found myself with a surplus of 50k gold. You can't compare that to PvP income where you barely even make back your repair costs, much less enchants and gems.

During Cata I did almost exclusively PvP and I always found myself short on money for when I needed things. Getting gems and enchants alone costs quite a bit more than a PvPer's income can compensate for (of course, quest gold from leveling and a couple of sparse dungeons covered a lot of it. But my server's prices on things I needed were pretty exorbitant. It costed easily 4,000 gold to get completely decked out with gems and enchants (not counting epic gems, but not many people used those anyway.)

I believe PvPers do deserve some small amount of income because:

1. There actually is a repair cost to PvP. Dying from cliff falls (Thunderstorm) and battleground bosses cause durability loss iirc. The minute amount of money PvPers earn now barely covers that. Simply being in combat causes durability loss too.

2. PvPers do have to buy things too. I'm sure PvPers want enchants and gems too. Glyphs for alts can prove expensive too. Getting fully decked out with enchants and blue gems at 85 costed me easily 4k or more gold. That's almost the entire amount of money you'd make questing from 80 to 85.

3. PvE players receive a lot more 'spending money' than PvPers do. I do believe they deserve substantially more, but that's not to say that PvPers shouldn't receive anything. PvE causes a lot more loss of durability, more spending money on flasks and potions, and more. I think that PvP should earn at least 1/10 what a casual PvE player receives.

4. "Giving out rewards incentivizes botting!" Everything incentivizes botting. There will always be an incentive to bot and I don't think adding more incentive is going to suddenly increase the number of bots in battlegrounds. If random battleground/call to arms wins granted the player something like 15 gold I couldn't imagine a sudden influx of bots excited to win 15 gold per 20 minutes.

5. "Go do dailies or grind a profession." I agree that professions are important; however, a casual dungeon-runner can earn enough for their gems and enchants by simply doing PvE content. A casual PvPer almost assuredly has to do dailies frequently or grind a profession to cover their gems and enchants. Dailies and professions are extremely boring too. Why am I playing a game to do something boring? I play games to have fun, not perform some menial task.

At the very least I believe that the money you receive for taking someone's insignia should be received automatically and split among the people in the battleground. Most people don't take insignias because it takes them away from combat for a meager sum of money.
    Last edited by Deoxysprime; 2012-10-23 at 03:15 PM.