Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Todgruppe View Post
    Yes, multi =/= add fight, burst aoe hasn't been rogues thing since TotGC, but sustained on 2 targets (which is more often then the rare 3-4 targets) they are king. Even certain burst AoE they where top, if bosses stack rogues won, period. Clunkiest would have gone to Aff Warlock and keeping multiple targets with the SB debuff, I felt sorry for them.
    Cleave fights are still not that common, but Blade Flurry it's a problem for the rogue class, as it makes Combat mandatory for certain fights (Like Guardians now in MSV). But the point was that you said that it was "top mult" when it's not true. Anyways, this is a PVP thread.

Which "Pinnacle", mut was 2 buttons, combat was 3-4, Subt was the only one that did anything really and that was not much harder (cooldowns don't count, everyone has cooldown management it isn't unique to rogues so no, core rotation only). This is of course from a PvE perspective. Rogue's where one step below the idiot proof that was Warlock raiding in BC.

Representation =/= balance why people continually try to make then equal is beyond me. Because you are underrepresented does not mean you are bad.
    If you think rogues are only "2 buttons" or "3-4", then obviously you haven't played one. But then you say you were talking about PVE, when this is a thread called "So the Arena Ladder got updated" so...yeah, many classes can survive in PVE with few buttons. That's not a good thing sadly.

While they are not equal, they are a good measuring way. Team composition, synergies, class population (rogue and monk are the least played class at 90 as well), etc. also affect those numbers, but when you have certain classes being so rare at the top, there's something wrong. Note : I bolded 'classes' because people will bring 'enhancement shamans', 'guardian druids' or things like that. Those are specs.

If a class that has always been solid in PVE and PVP is the least played at 90 (on par with monks) and almost the least represented at the top in arenas, it means that something is wrong. And telling players that the class is "the best designed one" while giving other classes/specs a much better resource system must have something to do with it.

Still the same shit. PvP arena is a joke. It will never be even remotely balanced. Too much burst and too many spells and abilities for each class. They should limit the abilities of each class for PvP in a special PvP mode and balance it from there. They failed again to implement something like that in MoP. Not worth my time, I'll go more PvE this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Top 10 Bloodlust, 9 Horde comps. I guess EMFH must be nerfed soon to make sure that the top 10 is Horde (on a serious note, I'm a human and I wouldn't mind a different racial)

There's also an average of two rogues in the top 50 across all battlegroups. I'd like the "rogues are fine" crew to explain me that please.
    We explained it when it was the case for hunters.

We'll explain it now.

Rogues are fine. Just the vast majority of you are bad and can't get with the times.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Oh look, more ignorant whiners who think rogues have "always been the best" and "deserve to be bad for once." How pitiful. They have been among the best exactly twice, ever, which was at the end of Cataclysm and the end of Burning Crusade. Both times were because of raid gear and legendary weapons, not class mechanics. People should remember, they were near the very bottom for most of Cataclysm until that gear came out, then they shot up to the top without any buffs. Anyone with a brain should see the reason. And sorry, but anyone who says rogues have ever been "faceroll" have absolutely zero idea what they are talking about. They have always been one of the most skill demanding classes. As for warlocks, they were garbage in Cataclysm and are garbage now. A couple useful gimmicks that only help in arena do not make a class good.

To people saying stuff like "lol hunters are badly represented my ass" people said that before MoP, and it WAS true.
    now it isn't, but as soon as the fotm goes away it will be back to "worst represented class" for us, alongside rogues if no fixes come to them soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    We explained it when it was the case for hunters.

We'll explain it now.

Rogues are fine. Just the vast majority of you are bad and can't get with the times.
    And I thought you were a decent poster. Tell me, which class doesn't have a vast majority of bad players?

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    rogues could use a bad season to put their egos in check, particularly after the stupidity of last season. rogue comps have pretty much dominated pvp since time immemorial
    i think rogues are in a good place right now. not egregiously over powered, but not so underpowered as to not be viable
    FYI, I rerolled Warrior and still am FOTM, so my ego is still sky high
    My second char now is a hunter, almost fully geared and mashing heads like yous guys complaining about rogues in a topic where the main subject is that hunters and warriors are dominating every bracket in both EU and US you dam fuk. learn to be on topic.

On topic now, every expansion had its ups and downs. Remember Flawles Victor? I saw every damn DK in the first season of wotlk having that and could kick any of them arses as a rogue. Priest was dull at the time as well, then buffed, then they introduced the fear/blind DR, and everything leveled out.
    Just wait a few more weeks, for them to actually realise that something is going wrong after metrics and they will fix it.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post
    I did a quick survey of all battlegroups using the html source of the first page of each BG (so top 50 teams of each) and compiling the info. Posted the aggregate results here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...65531?page=1#0
    nice job here

lots of melee/caster/healer in there. much better than cata caster cleave domination.

Yet Horde seems to dominate. Many top PVPers made the swap to Horde and not for the looks. I just wish they took a faster action on overpowered racials. During the last seasons, it was the opposite (Alliance dominated tournaments and ladders)
    they made the swap because historically they were always horde
    this game sucks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    Rogues could use a bad season for once.
    Why? pvp balance should not be based upon karma.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    lots of melee/caster/healer in there. much better than cata caster cleave domination.
    Cata was hardly dominated by casters, Season 9 was not caster dominated with Kfc, tsg and other various melee cleaves running rampage.
    Ran into a lot of thugcleaves, jungle, kittycleave, rls, rmp, phdk, vanguards, triple dps etc in season 11. Only thing that was truly over the top that was a caster cleave was MLS and maybe lsd 2.0
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-10-23 at 11:47 AM.

Deleted
    3 Rogues in top 100 on cyclone. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    3 Rogues in top 100 on cyclone. Nice.
    3 Warriors were in top 100 last season.
    You never cared about that.
    It's the same thing every time.
    Again, it's how this game works. Accept it or leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenro View Post
    There's been poorly represented classes in 3v3 before but HOLY SHIT, Blizzard might as well get rid of the rogue class. This has to be an all time low record.
    There's an RMP playing on Cyclone EU (stormscale) that, at least until recently, had like 2550 MMR. Not that that's super high, mind you, I'm just saying they have a least one viable comp to play still if they're good enough (as do disc priests).

Until Blizzard makes PvP a separate rule set from PvE, this game will never have any balance what so ever. The good players will always move to the better class for the season, its been this way for years. Every rogue I know in game has changed to warrior except one, but he quit wow so doesnt really count.

Multi, really? Besides Blade Flurry, our AoE is probably the clunkiest of all. Mobility...uhh...

A class does not have an ego and players are not 100% exclusive to their classes for a vast amount of reasons. 90% of players are terrible, not just "rogue players" and the class, even at its pinnacle, is still harder to play than others (keeping with the difficulty of the entire game) due to those broken mechanics you talk about.

It's funny how in a thread that has the numbers that show that rogues are totally under-represented you go and say "I think rogues are in a good place right now" and even after seeing how they are getting some buffs in 5.1. Bias to the max.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 04:17 AM ----------

Nicely done.
    rogues actually take an iota of skill to play right now. warriors also do everything rogues do, except better, and thats because warriors are broken right now.

this might be the first season where RMP is not a top tier comp, and i think thats going to be more due to the current weaknesses of disc priests rather than the weaknesses of rogues.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

It's pretty funny comparing DK's first season to the monk's first season. Could the difference be any larger?

Surprised me to see an ele shaman (Zeiyo) in the top 3 on Cyclone/Wirbelsturm.
    Fellow Eles don't give up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    yup and only hunters and mages are being nerfed currently in 5.1
    the really strong about warriors is gag order
    its being taken away.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Oh look, more ignorant whiners who think rogues have "always been the best" and "deserve to be bad for once." How pitiful. They have been among the best exactly twice, ever, which was at the end of Cataclysm and the end of Burning Crusade. Both times were because of raid gear and legendary weapons, not class mechanics. People should remember, they were near the very bottom for most of Cataclysm until that gear came out, then they shot up to the top without any buffs. Anyone with a brain should see the reason. And sorry, but anyone who says rogues have ever been "faceroll" have absolutely zero idea what they are talking about. They have always been one of the most skill demanding classes. As for warlocks, they were garbage in Cataclysm and are garbage now. A couple useful gimmicks that only help in arena do not make a class good.
    warlocks were garbage in cataclysm?
    lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    There's an RMP playing on Cyclone EU (stormscale) that, at least until recently, had like 2550 MMR. Not that that's super high, mind you, I'm just saying they have a least one viable comp to play still if they're good enough (as do disc priests).
    I've seen Ecliptium (rank 1 rogue) playing many games against a RMP at the ATR and it was really thanks to the mage and his 110k Frost Bombs.
    Link : http://www.twitch.tv/ecliptium/b/336297708

Now, if one minute CD blind makes it live, rogue will be a lot scarier overall.