Thread: Lee Sin?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lee Sin?

I have started playing Lee recently. How is he built? Even in the defense tree, people with no items just run through me.

what exactly are you looking for? you need a mastery, rune or item build guide? Or do you just need tips on how to play him?

I find him best in jungle.
    Start with 5x health pot->Cloth Armor-> boots of speed->heart of gold->Phage (get HP component of these items asap)-> wriggles -> merc threads -> Warmogs - >That 40% armor pen item with some dmg aswell.
    Phage turns into Tri force, wriggles into BT. I rarely ever get to the point where i have to sell HoG, but just take an item that fits your need.
    I find this to be a really strong build.

My jungle runes are
    MS Quints
    AD reds
    Armor yellows
    Blue MR/lvl

i change between tanky and offensive trees with him. I'd recommend tanky though as his dmg is good enough on his own.
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2012-10-23 at 08:05 AM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Do you have armor and magic resist runes? If not, get them as fast as possible, this will help you alot.

Yes I jungle him, I have proper jungle rune pages for his type of champion. That I know how to do, and that's how I build him. I can have wriggles when other champions still have boots, and people just melt through me.

how much health/armor/mr do you have? sounds like a defensive stat problem. Like i said in my item build order, get the HP items quick as they really make him a beast since he got a ton of defensive mechanics in shield, slows and lifesteal. You dont need to rush wriggles, and i actually dont find it very effective to do so. I'd take a phage > wriggles any day. the hp and slow from phage makes your ganks incredible. you're tanky and you can keep an enemy pinned down with slows. you get plenty of lifesteal from your W i think.

But i find wriggles a must have from 15min to whenever you dont have anymore backspace. At that point in the game the mini smite, lifesteal and free ward is insane for securing/stealing drags and barons. Also, the ward can be used for quick getaways and chases which makes wriggles that much better. But i dont feel the need for that any earlier than i find a phage much more useful.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

a Xin Zhoa with just a dorans shield melted through me at full health. Full armor runes and defensive tree on me, and cloth armor.

right now I have Cloth, Boots, HEart, Phage, and they are focusing me in team fights, and im dying in less then 10 secs.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2012-10-23 at 09:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    what exactly are you looking for? you need a mastery, rune or item build guide? Or do you just need tips on how to play him?

I find him best in jungle.
    Start with 5x health pot->Cloth Armor-> boots of speed->heart of gold->Phage (get HP component of these items asap)-> wriggles -> merc threads -> Warmogs - >That 40% armor pen item with some dmg aswell.
    Phage turns into Tri force, wriggles into BT. I rarely ever get to the point where i have to sell HoG, but just take an item that fits your need.
    I find this to be a really strong build.

My jungle runes are
    MS Quints
    AD reds
    Armor yellows
    Blue MR/lvl

i change between tanky and offensive trees with him. I'd recommend tanky though as his dmg is good enough on his own.
    Oh god that build makes me cry. The items you want are so incredibly expensive for a jungler, warmog AND triforce. Unless you get ahead, you'll get yourself behind. You'll be extremely squishy for a long period of time.

You have two choices, bruiser/tank Lee or damage Lee. I prefer tankyness, it'll scale better into late. You'll basically turn into your ADC's personal babysitter.

Start boots, rush wriggles > HoG, then get Mercs/Tabi and then Aegis (coordinate with your support so you wont clash), then get Warden's Mail/Negatron depending on what defensive item you need, MR or Armor. After that, get whatever you didn't get before. Finish up either Randuins or FoN/QSS (QSS is situational), or get a Last Whisper if you're beefy enough and you lack damage. Sell Wriggle's and turn it into a BT or GA later, whatever's needed. End result: Mercs/Tabi, Wriggle/BT, Randuin's, FoN/QSS, Aegis, LW. -- Getting Aegis allows for your support to either rush a Shurelya's or Zeke's Herald, both wich will help you IMMENSELY and get you a good advantage in teamfights.

That's obviously the tanky route, you can build him similarly to Riven aswell. Start boots, rush one or two Doran's, then finish boots, mercs/tabi get a BT > GA > LW. Then get Hexdrinker/Phage, if you need MR (and the shield) get Hexdrinker first. End: Mercs/Tabi, BT, GA, LW, FMallet, Maw.

Remember to always keep wards on you, 2-3, for vision and for jumps if needed. I run either 21/9/0 or 9/21/0 depending on what the enemy team has picked. If I can harass their jungler easily and gank a ton, I'll most likely run 21/9 and ruin his day. If I just wanna take his/my jungle safely and gank, I'll run defensive.

x3 ARP Reds
    x6 AD Reds
    x9 Armor Yellows
    x9 MR Blues
    x3 AD Quints

If you go for wriggles, get Madred's Razor's first. Unless you recall early, then get Vamp Scepter first. Most Lee's can stay forever in the jungle though, so if you're low just farm up a bit, get hp and get madred's, unless your lanes are losing; then recall quickly, get vamp scepter, some wards and go gank. Getting the Razor's first allows you to counterjungle a lot easier, and safer. So unless you wanna farm your own jungle and gank, I wouldn't recommend skipping Wriggle's.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    a Xin Zhoa with just a dorans shield melted through me at full health. Full armor runes and defensive tree on me, and cloth armor.

right now I have Cloth, Boots, HEart, Phage, and they are focusing me in team fights, and im dying in less then 10 secs.
    Only one who can 1v1 a Xin is problaly a Jax, just dont do it. He's built for 1v1's, nothing else.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2012-10-23 at 09:27 AM.

It wasn't 1v1 I had the top laner with me. Xin just ran through me like I was paper. The entire enemy team is focusing me.

Well with Cata's build I went 10/6/18. Best game I have played with Lee. Even got a double kill. My first one with Lee. I accidently went Trinity before Warmogs. So that's probably why I got a few extra deaths.

I'll try the Riven route this game. Except Ga..I can't stand that item. Everytime I get it I always die with the entire enemy team around me and they just down me again.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2012-10-23 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    It wasn't 1v1 I had the top laner with me. Xin just ran through me like I was paper. The entire enemy team is focusing me.

Well with Cata's build I went 10/6/18. Best game I have played with Lee. Even got a double kill. My first one with Lee. I accidently went Trinity before Warmogs. So that's probably why I got a few extra deaths.

I'll try the Riven route this game. Except Ga..I can't stand that item. Everytime I get it I always die with the entire enemy team around me and they just down me again.
    That's down to you, not the item. If you have GA, and you're alone with 5 missing, you're gonna have a bad time

My build is definitely not the best, but if you're nothing but a 1300 elo player it'll do fine. Its a build i've had alot of fun with and won alot of games. But Blackroo's build looks really good aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just sounds like your getting caught out or trying to 1v1 the wrong people .Lee Sin isn't invincible. A Xin Zhao will run you through if you don't CC or Exhaust him. Getting focused in teamfights will kill you, no avoiding it. That isn't something you can control. Lee is an assassin who can be build like a bruiser/tank and still destroy people. He is best build tanky because not only can he dish out a lot of damage, he can take it as well.

My suggestion, your not a true tank so don't initiate fights (seems to be the main issue). If you absolutely have to be the one initiating, don't jump in with Q because it will pull you away from your team faster than they can run in and you will probably die.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    My suggestion, your not a true tank so don't initiate fights (seems to be the main issue). If you absolutely have to be the one initiating, don't jump in with Q because it will pull you away from your team faster than they can run in and you will probably die.
    Yeah.

Jumping into team fights with W on your team mate and then hitting your E is a great way to disrupt their movements. Save your Q for chasing or tagging carries.

Starting boots 3 pots, wriggles/boots, phage, vamp scepter into BT later on, phage into frozen mallet, vamp scepter to BT, warmogs atmas (or go magic resist like guardian A or FoN <- force of nature)
    Also you can go Last Whisper for the 40% arp and 40 dmg.
    Its personal pref imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    My build is definitely not the best, but if you're nothing but a 1300 elo player it'll do fine. Its a build i've had alot of fun with and won alot of games. But Blackroo's build looks really good aswell.
    It's a beast pubstomper build no doubt, I've tried TriForce aswell, it is fun but not optimal imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    This just sounds like your getting caught out or trying to 1v1 the wrong people .Lee Sin isn't invincible. A Xin Zhao will run you through if you don't CC or Exhaust him. Getting focused in teamfights will kill you, no avoiding it. That isn't something you can control. Lee is an assassin who can be build like a bruiser/tank and still destroy people. He is best build tanky because not only can he dish out a lot of damage, he can take it as well.

I don't try to 1v1. Unless I catch one low. I go to, say top lane, to fight, when top has 2 people. The laner has weakened them both to near half health. We go in and drop one of the enemies, then the other rips through me like tin foil, and then kills the laner and gets a double kill.

Or going bottom lane. Same thing, except I die to the 2 bottom lane before one of them die.

I never jump in with Q into a team fight. Generally I use my W to dash to an ally who has started the fight. But every team fight, they change from any of the carries to turn and waste me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't try to 1v1. Unless I catch one low. I go to, say top lane, to fight, when top has 2 people. The laner has weakened them both to near half health. We go in and drop one of the enemies, then the other rips through me like tin foil, and then kills the laner and gets a double kill.

Or going bottom lane. Same thing, except I die to the 2 bottom lane before one of them die.

I never jump in with Q into a team fight. Generally I use my W to dash to an ally who has started the fight. But every team fight, they change from any of the carries to turn and waste me.
    Well, you are doing something wrong if that happens consistently. Lee sin is pretty fragile, but he's not that fragile. If you go bottom, and just run at them or something when your lane isn't in a position to follow, you are going to get blown up, but otherwise they should be running, and not trying to fight. Unless they are really far ahead or something.

Though when this happens, is the rest of your team picking up kills? If they are, then your death is pretty good actually, especially late game. If they focus you and not the carries, then that's good. You can't do as much damage as they can without building super aggressively. If you have a LoLreplay file of any of these games where you are just dying, I kinda want to watch it to see what is going on.

I can't guarantee that I can tell you exactly what you are doing wrong, but I do play jungle a fair amount. If you have one, i'm curious.

I meant to add in my last post about Axethor saying "Lee is a true tank" I think that might be a problem. All I have ever heard of Lee is what a zomg tank he is. So I have been playing him like a tank cause that's all I've heard about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Though when this happens, is the rest of your team picking up kills? If they are, then your death is pretty good actually, especially late game. If they focus you and not the carries, then that's good. You can't do as much damage as they can without building super aggressively. If you have a LoLreplay file of any of these games where you are just dying, I kinda want to watch it to see what is going on.
    My deaths always result in the death of one or 2 of their team. Or 4. Last night our ADC got a quadra kill off me initiating the fight. I flashed into the enemy team from wraiths, kicked their adc at ours, he killed him, then I used tempest and randuins to slow and weaken them, I died, and our ADC got a quadra.

But then I faced the same issue I always face when I die, even if more of them die. My team started calling me a noob. I played one game where by 10 mins I was 0/3/8. Bot lane's Vayne was like, 5/1/3, top and mid had the other 3 kills, I didn't die on those ganks. Once I got the third death they started yelling at me, and telling the team to report me for feeding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they are just assholes and you can ignore them. If you are winning games and your team is getting kills, who cares if you die, the carries lived.

Deleted
    Idk really lee is one of those champions which you can´t actually tell someone how to play with. Every situation is different when it comes to 1v1ing, can you dodge stuff? Do you have a spare ward? What level are you, what did you level?

If you are jungling you probablly just want to go tanky with boots-wriggles-phage or aegis-frozen mallet/randuins and maybe a last whisper later but there is rarely any point in that. If you are doing really well you can grab a brutalizer, which will keep your damage at a respectable level for most of the game, still recommend going full tank after it. Just make sure you buy the right tank items, warmogs and atmas are both horrilbly outdated and you usually get more out of other items.

Your role in teamfight depends on the situation 100%. If you still feel you are too fragile with this build you can get a GA but it´s probablly just you either being too far behind or getting caught, you have great mobility and you gotta use that.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's supposed to transition into a tank as the game goes by because he becomes sort of useless otherwise. Early build around 2-3 doran's depending on how fed and get a phage. Lee Sin has some of the best early ganks in the game but it's highly reliant on the resonating strike hitting. If it doesn't you might as well just say fuck it for the gank.
    Hey everyone