Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Anyone able to confirm?

Because if you can get access to all your old epics for 12 dollars, and then pay 2.50 a week for pvp you could be a pvper for 10 dollars rather than 15.

I guess that's a "plus".
    Except when you have to pay extra for the "not most" epics, this is not to mention how much it would cost to unlock races, inventory, bank space and so on to even get your characters back in decent working order.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    OK SO HERE IT IS the Cartel Market is up on PTS

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20121023-0

gonna go check it out i suggest other do so as well
    Looks great, lots of features even for subscibers. Now we just need to know how much each cartel coin is worth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Looks great, lots of features even for subscibers. Now we just need to know how much each cartel coin is worth.
    My guess would be that $1 is 100 coins.

The industry standard for subscribers receiving a stipend ~ = $5 in real life currency (or 1/3 of monthly sub price at $15 per mo) when referenced to buying in game currency for real life currency.

With that in mind, $5 would be 500 coins (the amount we'll get each month as a stipend).

Ergo $1 equals 100 coins.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-10-23 at 10:07 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    It's up, and I see a lot I can use my coins on. Your hyperbole-detector was false indeed.
    We'll see what you can actually get at launch. It wouldn't surprise me that you can get a lot of random shit, but the prices aren't finalized.

As opposed to the dozens of hate pages on the other threads, of which you yourself have a considerable number of posts? I see a lot more negative than positive.
    Go back to the first 750 posts that defended this game at just about every turn. Conceding the flaws, but since the company wasn't out to screw everyone and their mother it wasn't as large an issue.

And sorry, but other than the same 3-4 people who keep echoing each other, bouncing between snide 'pay or gtfo' mentality starting to be cultured by EA and sometimes logical arguments...I have seen many more new people bouncing in here in disgust. On the forums, on Facebook, on Twitter I see the same thing. If you think that this is going to build a good player base for you to experience, you are very wrong.

hey a question i saw that preferred ed status thing again somewhere and it did not mean F2P so im assuming it means the "former"players again has anybody seen what the preferred status is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    And sorry, but other than the same 3-4 people who keep echoing each other, bouncing between snide 'pay or gtfo'
    As opposed to a few haters who echo the same vitriol, post after post? It was one thing to be unhappy with the system and letting people know, in detail, how you feel. I get that. It's another entirely to just bash and bash without relent. The "3-4 people" who like what's coming are in the right place to talk about the game! The haters that don't even have a sub? I wouldn't say this is the wrong place for them, but I'd say it's the wrong place to make every goddamn post "the sky is falling because of EA, your game is fucked, I shall piss on it's ashes!"
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    but I'd say it's the wrong place to make every goddamn post "the sky is falling because of EA, your game is fucked, I shall piss on it's ashes!"
    It's more that when the threads were started, people jumped into defensive mode to try and tell us why we were wrong. Then when we start to prove the point, we are told that we hate the game and want it to fail, we don't want to play it or like it, or we're cheap. I would say we have every right to continue repeating the same mantra until it passes into the skull through some weird word osmosis.

I can tell you that with the exception of Alyssa(b/c hasn't proved worth it yet) and maybe Edge (since he/she hasn't subbed really), the other people genuinely wanted this game to rock faces and be awesome for us to play. We already loved the game, minus a few drawbacks that any game can have, and were looking forward to F2P. We were very much shocked to see misstep after misstep leading up to this point. And it all started with changing a few small print sentences and not telling anyone.

We are people who don't appreciate shady business practices involving something we are invested in. We go on and on, because every day more people are catching on to what is going on. I've already said if they renege on every broken promise and decide to give us everything they stated previously, I would be far less furious with the situation and would consider begrudgingly giving them my money. That core game may not be worth it right now, but it is still very fun. I would like to play it again (in this context) and hate that it was so rudely shifted away from me b/c I have principles.

So no one is pissing on this games ashes. We are clamoring for people to listen that EA is full of shitbags and is out to ruin this potentially very great game.

As opposed to a few haters who echo the same vitriol, post after post? It was one thing to be unhappy with the system and letting people know, in detail, how you feel. I get that. It's another entirely to just bash and bash without relent. The "3-4 people" who like what's coming are in the right place to talk about the game! The haters that don't even have a sub? I wouldn't say this is the wrong place for them, but I'd say it's the wrong place to make every goddamn post "the sky is falling because of EA, your game is fucked, I shall piss on it's ashes!"
    Yep.

That's what people are saying.

Totally reading that.

Yep.

Not genuine concern for the game.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    So no one is pissing on this games ashes. We are clamoring for people to listen that EA is full of shitbags and is out to ruin this potentially very great game.
    I get that too, but everyone already knows EA is full of shitbags. I remember the Great BM Nerf of 08 - no matter how many Huntards threatened to quit WoW, not one single fuck was given by Blizz. EA/BW isn't going to be moved by our opinions, and that's pretty much the reason I'm accepting the game as-is. Since I sub, it's all gravy here. My line of hate would be if, as a sub, I still had to pay for in-game content (like Section X, for example).

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm going to guess that most people here all think EA is made up of scumbags. I know I do! But, I'm going to keep giving them my money. Why? SWTOR's the best MMO (to me) out right now, and the only one I can seem to keep playing without becoming bored. I'll take what they give, until I'm not happy with it.

I'd hate to think my arguing in favor of the F2P changes paint me as an EA supporter. I'm really not. I just want them to make enough money that they're happy to keep putting out content.

...While also hoping all of their higher ups develop lobster-sized crabs, catch an infection, and lose their genitals in a horrific battle to contain the swarm.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 03:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Yep.

That's what people are saying.

Totally reading that.

Yep.

Not genuine concern for the game.
    I don't read it as genuine concern on the 50th post and onward. Before that? Sure, but not hammering in how horrible everything is and the sky is falling. That's the part I dislike.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

I don't read it as genuine concern on the 50th post and onward. Before that? Sure, but not hammering in how horrible everything is and the sky is falling. That's the part I dislike.
    The same could be said about those "you aren't LOYAL. Don't come back. We don't want your kind here." posts. Any critique seems to draw them. So you end up with us trying to explain why that's a bad idea and them thinking its about 15 dollars.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I get that too, but everyone already knows EA is full of shitbags. I remember the Great BM Nerf of 08 - no matter how many Huntards threatened to quit WoW, not one single fuck was given by Blizz. EA/BW isn't going to be moved by our opinions, and that's pretty much the reason I'm accepting the game as-is. Since I sub, it's all gravy here. My line of hate would be if, as a sub, I still had to pay for in-game content (like Section X, for example).

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm going to guess that most people here all think EA is made up of scumbags. I know I do! But, I'm going to keep giving them my money. Why? SWTOR's the best MMO (to me) out right now, and the only one I can seem to keep playing without becoming bored. I'll take what they give, until I'm not happy with it.

I'd hate to think my arguing in favor of the F2P changes paint me as an EA supporter. I'm really not. I just want them to make enough money that they're happy to keep putting out content.

...While also hoping all of their higher ups develop lobster-sized crabs, catch an infection, and lose their genitals in a horrific battle to contain the swarm.
    Kind of a double edged sword. If they keep making money, they keep being the company they are and don't fire the people who need to be fired. Which allows them to continue to push subpar content (I'm talking any kind of content, not necessarily related to TOR at all). I like to hold the companies that I buy from to a higher standard.

double post
    Last edited by Psychlon; 2012-10-24 at 10:25 AM.

Since the cartel market is up on the PTS now probably should move the conversation to one thread to keep it consolidated.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1209841-Patch-1-5